Topic: Hammersmith Apollo March 2015

Message from Kenny who is at Calling Festival today. Apparently Joe is playing the Apollo on the 17th, 19th, 20th & 21st March next year. Tickets on sale 11th July.

Re: Hammersmith Apollo March 2015

Sounds good to me.
Hopefully not the only UK  dates.
Long trip for the Scottish fans!

Lester

3 (edited by Kenny 2014-06-30 02:40:19)

Got a flyer confirming the dates. No other UK dates mentioned. Follows the Amsterdam shows.

Pricey London dates... :bhw
I could only wish for something like the Manchester Ritz...

Anybody heard what the pricing will be, and standing or seated?

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

6 (edited by currymandavid 2014-06-30 07:53:15)

message for Street Team Eric

Eric, would it be possible to let us know before the tickets go on sale whether the Hammersmith dates are seated or standing downstairs? If it's standing then we can each buy our own tickets and turn up early on the night. But if the shows are seated, then it would be nice if we can buy seats that are together. That takes a bit of pre-planning regarding who is going to buy the tickets and for how many etc. So any info would be very welcome. Thanks - David

edited to add: especially if some of our American buddies are thinking about coming over (see post above smile )

Has there been any talk of another Joe/Beth show?

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

No word of any presale yet :

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 … ws-in-2015

9 (edited by Kenny 2014-07-04 06:13:48)

Planet Rock presale next Wednesday, 9 July

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-new … im-apollo/

We are not going to do multiple shows this time, just the Friday. What's everyone else planning?

Thanks Kenny.  I think my decision may depend on whether it's standing or seated. I suspect the Saturday (the last night) will be seated and I was thinking I'd do just that night, but if you're going Friday (which I hope will be standing), I'll go that night too.

We need to know which nights will be seated and which are standing, especially after the debacle we had a couple of years ago when the seated show was changed to standing and several of us who had decent seats for another night were shunted to worse seats. I hope that farce won't happen again and whatever is decided will be notified and kept to.

Street Team Eric, could you please make enquiries and let everyone know via the Forum which shows will be standing and which will be seated.

Thank you.
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

The first two dates suit me but as yet we don't know whether Joe will be playing the same set-list each night.

Lester

Yes, Lester. All we know so far is that it won't be the same show as at the Carré in Amsterdam, or will it? Street Team Eric's reply to Kenny is not clear to me. I will be very pleased if the setlist is different each night but I think last year's TdF series of shows in London was a one-off that's unlikely to be repeated. Where's that gauntlet? lol

"Kenny wrote:
Thanks for the info Eric. Do you know if its going to be an acoustic and electric show when it hits the UK in 2015?

Street Team Eric wrote:
Kenny,

You're welcome. To answer your question, no in 2015 there will be a completely different production setup outside this series of shows."

As mentioned by Street Team Eric in the Carré thread

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I have tried to do group booking

I have taken 30 to Brighton twice lets hope the promoter says yes and we can do it again

I have been speaking to Peter Noble of Noble PR (Joe's UK publicity company) on Facebook. He was very helpful indeed and kindly replied  "David - I can confirm it is all seating downstairs at Bonamassa's London Hammersmith Eventim Apollo shows in March 2015."

So there it is.

Cheers David. I am expecting the front few rows to be the most expensive but you never know......

Kenny wrote:

Cheers David. I am expecting the front few rows to be the most expensive but you never know......

I'm afraid the first few rows may be impossible to get these days Kenny. But we can try. If they are available, do you think they will have them in the pre-sale?

So you're just going on the Friday. I haven't decided yet - I'll certainly do one show

currymandavid wrote:
Kenny wrote:

I'm afraid the first few rows may be impossible to get these days Kenny. But we can try. If they are available, do you think they will have them in the pre-sale?

So you're just going on the Friday. I haven't decided yet - I'll certainly do one show

They have been in the past, if you recall the different coloured prices that you could choose from Eventim. Going through to Norwich on the Saturday for game v Nottingham Forest.

Is this looking like a one off run of London dates or will a UK tour go with them? Hopefully a UK tour will follow in a few months as march could be a bit expensive for me,what with some other gigs lined up for that month.