19 (edited by currymandavid 2014-06-11 07:09:36)

Re: Carre, Amsterdam, March 2015

I'm sad to say I won't be going either. George is right - I would want best seats so I'd have to use the fan pre-sale. So the tickets would be Euro 125 + 10 fees. I'm sorry but that's too much with hotel and air fares on top.

I'm now even more glad that I went to Berlin in February with a front row seat for Euro 75, a whopping Euro 50 less than the Carre.

Kenny wrote:

Just checked the Beth & Joe tickets from last year and they were 89 euros so an increase of £30 in sterling. This increase could be replicated for the UK tour - I just hope this doesn't alienate a lot of his true fans.

Kenny wrote:

Totally agree George. The Scots contingent aren't coming across sad

Nor, unfortunately, are the Bournemouth contingent - all two of us!  Would have loved to but .....

21 (edited by sally12333 2014-06-11 11:00:54)

I usually avoid the pricing topic, but...My attitude is that a Joe show once/twice/thrice annually is worth every cent and that I am personally willing to divert funds and bite the price bullet for events that are the absolute highlight of my life!

However, it is kinda frightening to hear here, that

1.  Many of Joe's longest-standing, "biggest", most loyal fans have to say "enough"

2.  If they (above in #1) are put off by the prices, why would any newbies who don't even have a clue about how magnificent Joe is pay that either??

And from what I have heard, the "acoustic" band will not be playing in Carre (not sure I have that correct), so supposedly it's not a matter of the increased expense of traveling with 2 bands...
(Edit - Eric, thanks for the clarification/correction below.)

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

currymandavid wrote:

I'm sad to say I won't be going either. George is right - I would want best seats so I'd have to use the fan pre-sale. So the tickets would be Euro 125 + 10 fees. I'm sorry but that's too much with hotel and air fares on top.

I'm now even more glad that I went to Berlin in February with a front row seat for Euro 75, a whopping Euro 50 less than the Carre.

Totally agree with you, David!

For the money of one JB-ticket at the Carre you can buy 3 or 4 tickets for the Gov't Mule show at the Fabrik next month . . .

sally12333 wrote:

I usually avoid the pricing topic, but...My attitude is that a Joe show once/twice/thrice annually is worth every cent and that I am personally willing to divert funds and bite the price bullet for events that are the absolute highlight of my life!

However, it is kinda frightening to hear here, that

1.  Many of Joe's longest-standing, "biggest", most loyal fans have to say "enough"

2.  If they (above in #1) are put off by the prices, why would any newbies who don't even have a clue about how magnificent Joe is pay that either??

And from what I have heard, the "acoustic" band will not be playing in Carre (not sure I have that correct), so supposedly it's not a matter of the increased expense of traveling with 2 bands...

I think #2 is an important point. We ummed and aahed about paying around 65 EUR the first time we went to see Joe (a mere 15 months ago), but in the end we decided to go along and "try him out". Of course it was spectacular, we are now committed fans and have seen him another 3 times since then. But if it had been 100 EUR or more for a half-decent seat that first time, I'm quite sure we wouldn't have gone.

We've been paying $130- $140 for tickets here in the States for both this Spring and for next Fall. There is some variability among venues, though. In the Midwest, the tickets are usually about $30 cheaper than the East Coast. Looks like the Europe shows have been less than ours for a while, maybe they are finally making up for it over there.

25 (edited by Bluemac 2014-06-11 09:59:08)

nmagcorn wrote:

We've been paying $130- $140 for tickets here in the States for both this Spring and for next Fall. There is some variability among venues, though. In the Midwest, the tickets are usually about $30 cheaper than the East Coast. Looks like the Europe shows have been less than ours for a while, maybe they are finally making up for it over there.

That's a fair point, but I think the only meaningful comparisons people can really make in Europe are between, say, Joe now and Joe last year in Europe and between Joe and other, similar artists in Europe now. It's much more difficult to make a meaningful comparison between Europe and the US because of the difference in currencies, cost of living, etc.

Even fools say something worthwhile now and again

nmagcorn wrote:

Natasha, 140$ is 104,-Euro so if you have to pay 125,-Euro (without fees) means 170,-$
This is much more than what I paid for the Beacon Theatre last year. AND THAT WAS NEW YORK!!!

This is the first time that Joe is coming to the Carre with 2 separate bands, playing two unique sets and 2 bands means more production and crew. Since there is so much more involved, the ticket prices will reflect this. But we thank you for all of the support throughout the years and hope to see you at the next show.

Street Team Eric wrote:

This is the first time that Joe is coming to the Carre with 2 separate bands, playing two unique sets and 2 bands means more production and crew. Since there is so much more involved, the ticket prices will reflect this. But we thank you for all of the support throughout the years and hope to see you at the next show.

Hi Eric

When you say '2 separate bands', do you mean the acoustic and electric bands that we have seen this year, or is this something different??

Even fools say something worthwhile now and again

No this will be the acoustic and electric show. I wanted to clarify that it is 2 bands, in case anyone wasn't aware of that.

Thanks for the pre sale link it worked fine and I really appreceate it.

Thanks for the info Eric. Do you know if its going to be an acoustic and electric show when it hits the UK in 2015?

32 (edited by nmagcorn 2014-06-11 12:02:22)

Bonapostle wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

Natasha, 140$ is 104,-Euro so if you have to pay 125,-Euro (without fees) means 170,-$
This is much more than what I paid for the Beacon Theatre last year. AND THAT WAS NEW YORK!!!

Yeah, but we paid $131 for that Beacon show that didn't have both the acoustic and electric bands and we paid $140 this year for Syracuse NY which isn't even NYC, but it had both bands. It's a lot more work for the crew having to deal with 2 bands. I was actually surprised the tickets prices hadn't changed that much from last Spring to this Spring considering how much more is involved with the current show. Maybe the new prices in Europe are now reflecting that extra cost.

Kenny wrote:

Thanks for the info Eric. Do you know if its going to be an acoustic and electric show when it hits the UK in 2015?

Kenny,

You're welcome. To answer your question, no in 2015 there will be a completely different production setup outside this series of shows.

So Eric, you all feel that having the acoustic musicians along and doing two separate shows, as we have already seen at various venues since Vienna, justifies a 50% increase over Joe/Beth Carre prices, and a virtual 150% increase since Joe last played the Carre solo in 2011, when tickets cost 55 euros? Do you realize that Springsteen costs less than you are intending to charge?

Clearly, Joe's popularity is now such that there are plenty of people with deep enough pockets to be able to afford all these extravaganzas. Sadly, you have alienated and lost a lot of people from the early days as a result, people whose boundless energy and devotion propelled Joe to where he is today. I can support a half dozen deserving young artists for the price of this ticket. A very sad state of affairs.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Totally agree with you, George.

My two cents for what it is worth.

Hate to see the turn of events in pricing but not unexpected.  Last three shows we have paid about $230 to 240 U S Dolars for two tickets. I hope Joe is making a good living he deserves it, but   I imagine that is for the extra work of dual bands, a dining crew and on and on.  Hate it for those of you who are used to going to all the shows in one location.  I agree with Sally that any price I have paid is worth it to see Joe.  I am afraid after the exposure at these huge festivals this summer we may only get to see Joe in huge venues from now on.  I would rather pay a larger amount for the smaller venue than a lesser amount if I have to see him on a video screen.   The cost of fame is often the loss of contact with the star you promoted.  It's a double edged sword.
We are on a tight budget since my husband retired and is only working a part time job.  So  one or two shows a year is the limit for us.      Totally understand your frustration.   I imagine there are many out there that will fill the seats no matter what we say.