Topic: Eric Clapton's Official Blog...

I just thought you other blues guitar junkies might want to check out Clapton's official blog, which is basically just a place for him to post pictures of all the expensive stuff he's been buying with the money we've spent on concert tickets!!!! Check out some of the cars hes got!!!!

http://blog.honeyee.com/eric/

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Re: Eric Clapton's Official Blog...

What tees me off is these guys that make it big and they charge these out of this world tickets prices that the little guy can't afford. Give us a break!

The only difference is that Eric Clapton has probably been more generous with his fame and fortune than any rock star. From his Crossroads Centre for drug addicts in Antigua, to the fact that when Cream had a hit with Skip James's I'm So Glad, he bought Skip James a house. Honestly, EC can do whatever the heck he wants as far as I'm concerned.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:

The only difference is that Eric Clapton has probably been more generous with his fame and fortune than any rock star. From his Crossroads Centre for drug addicts in Antigua, to the fact that when Cream had a hit with Skip James's I'm So Glad, he bought Skip James a house. Honestly, EC can do whatever the heck he wants as far as I'm concerned.

I am with you on that one Deezer...

Music is good for the Soul...

I'm gonna' second and third that...  Eric has always enjoyed the finer things in life, that's why he's still working!!! To each their own when it comes to these personal choices... I thought it was interesting that he has only 16 guitars now, the rest have been sold off for the Antiqua Crossroads.

David A. wrote:
Deezer wrote:

I am with you on that one Deezer...

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

I have to side with Jess. Clapton might give to charity but at the expense of the little guy who can't afford to attend his concerts? At least Pearl Jam tried to side with the little guy by going after Ticketmaster.

I still say he's Clapton and he can do whatever he wants. He's given an awful lot, regardless, way more than most celebrities. And personally, whatever price he charges would be worth it.

In OKC tickets are priced at $65.00 and $85.00. I say a bargain at twice the price. This is not exactly price gouging.

Let me put it this way. I think Clapton is great but when I have to decide between paying over $ 50 to see him or paying the rent, which one do you think I'm gonna choose?

Intresting you bring up this point....There is a thread on the Clapton site about how reasonable the tickets are in relative terms.  One person's point is if you back out the price of seeing Robert Cray as the warm-up band, the prices aren't that bad, espescially compared to some other big acts...  Someone's point was seeing Cray was worth at least $40.00. I beleive 3 ticket prices were available in Philly, $125 for the most expensive, then the other 2 prices.  Some of the $125 tickets were secured for Clapton's fan club who had a code to get the seats when they went on sale.

jim m wrote:

In OKC tickets are priced at $65.00 and $85.00. I say a bargain at twice the price. This is not exactly price gouging.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Guaranteed, if and when Joe makes it to the point of selling out stadiums and pricing tickets at $400 bucks a pop, you'll be sacrifing your rent.  I, personally will pay whatever it takes to see Eric Clapton, anytime.

carollb wrote:

Guaranteed, if and when Joe makes it to the point of selling out stadiums and pricing tickets at $400 bucks a pop, you'll be sacrifing your rent.  I, personally will pay whatever it takes to see Eric Clapton, anytime.

No I wouldn't.

Clapton is a normal guy though.  When he walks the streets of London, people don't even freak out.  His is not a celebrity, he is a legend.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Well, I guess that's you David. Clapton's not going to play for 20 bucks. Compared to guys like the Stones, it is reasonable.

Deezer wrote:

Well, I guess that's you David. Clapton's not going to play for 20 bucks. Compared to guys like the Stones, it is reasonable.

the Stones ans Bruce Springsteen are the most ridiculous prices.............

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

the Stones ans Bruce Springsteen are the most ridiculous prices.............

No argument here. I mean the old Stones are great but now they're absolutely terrible. Sloppy playing and singing. People go see them now just to say I saw the Stones.

I won't even tell ya' what I gave for 4 floor tickets to see Paul McCartney......but what I will tell you is that I would do it again.  Having grown up on the Beatles (yes I mean totally ga-ga over them, even had a Beatle haircut at one time) I never dreamt in a million years that I would ever get to see one.  So it was total fulfillment of a childhood fantasy, teenage dream, etc.....even took my 77 year old Mom....she had to go thru it all with me as a kid.....my sister and I screamed like true Beatle fans when he came out... I got to stand at his feet and give him flowers...the memories from this concert..........priceless....  so a ticket price for someone or something can be irrelevant.....it is all still always up to the individual fan to what they will put forth to see 
someone they like.......but I do understand the practical side of life, too.  Just expressing some thoughts on this.  I can see both sides of the debate.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Clapton could sell out in Oklahoma at twice the price. If someone didn't buy someone else would. I consider it a bargain because of that. I paid $250.00 for McCartney and $225.00 for Fleetwood Mac at the same venue. Clapton could get that If he wanted to. That's why I believe the ticket prices are more than reasonable.  They go on sale tomorrow at 10am. The house payment is due but what are credit cards for anyway.

I saw Sir Paul on the Wings Over America tour in 76. Don't know what I paid at the time I'm sure I couldn't afford it but glad I went.