Topic: Bob Seger Tour 2006

Here is Bob Segers first leg of his tour.

FIRST LEG
BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND
2006 FACE THE PROMISE TOUR
Grand Rapids, MI                                     11/8/06
Saginaw, MI                                             11/10/06
Huntington, WV                                     11/14/06
Milwaukee, WI                                         11/16/06
Indianapolis, IN                                      11/18/06
Knoxville, TN                                          11/20/06
Cincinnati, OH                                        11/25/06
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN                     11/28/06
Chicago, IL                                              11/30/06
Kansas City, MO                                      12/2/06
St. Louis, MO                                            12/4/06
Atlanta, GA                                                12/7/06
Nashville, TN                                            12/9/06
Louisville, KY                                          12/12/06
Pittsburgh, PA                                        12/14/06
Cleveland, OH                                        12/16/06

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: Bob Seger Tour 2006

zosozep7 wrote:

Here is Bob Segers first leg of his tour.

Rob

Where there's a first leg...are you assuming there'll be a second?  What do you know, Rob?  Cuz there's no Detroit date on this first leg!   Maybe he'll finish off there? 

Already have tickets to see him in Indy in 2 weeks.  Should be fun!

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

How was Seger?  I hate to say it, but I am not crazy about his new stuff.

Janice

I'd be interested to learn how his voice is. When I heard him perform on TV a while back, (I think it was at a R&R Hall of Fame induction show) his voice was really bad...sounded like too many years of smoking had caught up with him. I was surprised to learn he was touring again, so maybe it was just a bad night (hopefully).

One of my favorite concerts of all time was catching him and the Silver Bullet Band on the same tour that the "Live Bullet" album was recorded from, back in the mid-70's. Absolutely amazing show!

I saw a couple of posts on another message board by people who had just attended a couple of his recent shows and they said his voice was sounding great, the concert was
excellent and among the best theyve seen by anybody in the last 20 years or so.

Bob is definitely sounding great live these days.  He played all his hits...and I mean ALL.  It was funny because after one oldie (but aren't they all?) he said, "songs were shorter back then!"  How many does Conseco Fieldhouse hold for a concert, maybe 15-18,000?  The place was packed to the nosebleed section, and everyone was standing throughtout the whole show and singing along to each and every song.  Really, Bob could've stopped at any point in any song and the audience would have carried on the tune w/out him!  It must be very cool as a performer to feel that kind of energy coming from that kind of massive audience.  My favorite part of the night, though, was during "Rock and Roll Never Forgets" when Bob belted out..." so now sweet 16's turned 61!"  The crowd went wild.

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

Great news, thanks for the feedback. I'll watch for NW dates during the next leg of the tour!

8 (edited by Demonsterastratofixation 2006-11-29 18:13:40)

Bob's phenomonal and I will not miss another chance to see him...Like Stu, I saw him & the Band  during their absolute peak, only a yeat later just as Night Moves was coming out (and Live Bullet had just been released)...3 incredible encores in San Diego we just went nuts for another but he was still second act on a 3 bill show,,,and what a classy and cool regular guy...Punch is too

Take those old records off the shelf, I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself....
                                                                                                        Me, ooops I         mean Bob Seger singing for  me