Topic: Welcome Back Joe! Surf's Up!! 11/19 show

smile:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: Welcome Back Joe! Surf's Up!! 11/19 show

Okay, I am still on "Cloud-Joe" today!!!!!!!! Photogal and I had the time of our lives!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe,Mark, and Bogie  delivered a stellar performance.  It was the MOST AWESOME Sunday night performance.  I was going to keep track of the setlist, but I got so caught up in the music, energy, and the "WOW" of it all that I don't remember the order.  I can say without a doubt that it was an ABSOLUTELY PERFECT performance by all!!!!!  Joe = Guitar Virtuoso!!!!!!!!!
I will never ever forget this concert and ALL the fun that I had during the show and after the show.  It was truly a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I will never ever forget all your kindness, Joe, "Cap" and "Thor."  smile Thanks to all!!!!!!!!   Patty wink

P.S. Joe was right when he said previously on the forum about making friends thru the forum.  Photogal,  thanks for the opportunity to share it all with you!!!!!!! smile
P.S.P.S.  Lee it was great to meet you, too!!!!!!

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I guess I misunderstood your post Patty.  Did you really enjoy the show???

Just kidding of course, glad you guys had a great time. Joe really rocks!!!

take care

Music is good for the Soul...

Someone sure seems excited. Can we see one more smiley pie to make it an even 58 (yes I'm obsessive)?

smile:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Just got home from dropping Patty off at her house!!!! I turned a 6 hour 45 minute drive home from Iowa to a 6 hour drive. I couldn't wait to get home to post! 

Joe, Bogie and Mark did blow the socks off the place! It was the best show I have seen so far. They opened with "Just Got Paid" and then from there I couldn't keep track! Bogie, that was an excellent drum solo!

I met some great people there, Lee, it was nice meeting you, along with some photographers from some blues magazines. And of course Patty, it was a blast running around with you and "almost getting caught"! It was a night to remember.

Bogie, Mark and Joe, it was great chatting with you guys after the show. Thanks for signing the photos and stuff for us and for my son. He is going to be thrilled when he opens those up at Christmas. We truly appreciate each and every item signed. Mine will all have a special place on my wall.

P.S. Don't ever stop believing in Santa, you never know when good things will unexpectedly come your way!!!!

Now I gotta download all those photos I took!

~~~~Rhonda smile

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

6 (edited by pattyluvsjoe 2006-11-21 01:16:03)

smile That one's for you Demonsterastratofixation.  lol

There wasn't a printed setlist to look at....so here is what I remember,  the only song I know that is in order is the first and I probably haven't remembered all, so if anyone can help out,I know there was someone in front of me that videotaped the whole show, but don't know who they were, if you're on the forum would love to have copy... thanks.....one tired puppy here.......
                        Just Got Paid
                        Mountain Time
                        Asking Around For You
                        Woke Up Dreaming
                        Walk in My Shadow
                        A New Day Yesterday
                        Miss You, Hate You
                        Bridge To Better Days
                        Django
                        Blues Deluxe.....

Did Shaggy ever put on the reindeer antlers while heading that bus to Colorado?  Now there is a picture I would love to have.....

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I think Had To Cry Today was in there too Patty, although one of Joe's shows puts me in such a dreamlike state that I can't really be sure after a few days.  I've been out of town since the show so I haven't posted til now, but the show was fantastic.  I brought 2 friends and both are new converts, and another friend who couldn't go is asking to listen to Joe's cds, so I'm going to pass them on to her, too.  Particularly memorable for me are the acoustic songs Miss You, Hate You and Woke Up Dreaming.  And of course the opener of Just Got Paid into Dazed and Confused was definitely a kick in the rump, in a very positive way.  And Asking Around and . . . I'll stop now but you get the idea. 

And Mark and Bogie both had great solos.  Bogie seriously kicks tail behind the ole drum kit.  And what a great fit these 3 are musically, and good people too.  Thanks Joe, Mark, and Bogie and have a happy holiday season.  I look forward to seeing you all in the new year.

the dude wrote:

I think Had To Cry Today was in there too Patty, although one of Joe's shows puts me in such a dreamlike state that I can't really be sure after a few days.

the dude--Had To Cry Today was in there, I agree with the dreamlike state...............

Joe + Mark + Bogie + Entire Crew = EUPHORIA    tongue

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

9 (edited by photogal 2006-11-27 00:13:49)

The Dude! Why didn't you introduce yourself to us????? Patty and I were looking for others from the forum!!! We need to get together before the show next time!

It was a blast!

Rhonda smile

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

photogal wrote:

The Dude! Why didn't you introduce yourself to us????? Patty and I were looking for others from the forum!!! We need to get together before the show next time!

Sounds good, Rhonda.  I was (and still am) the un-thin bald guy at the front row center table.  Not exactly the spittin' image of Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski, lol.  Look forward to meeting some fellow board members at the next show.

I am still filled with fun,excitement, and merriment from this concert. smile:) Everybody at Mom's Thanksgiving table heard about Joe,Mark, & Bogie.  One person from Switzerland and one from Massachusetts and two from Chicago....all wanted to hear more. So I told them as much as I could and shared some tunes, trying not to appear to obsessive. big_smile The recordings are wonderful, but in person is just plain flat-out totally, 100% groovy. Thanks again Joe & Co  wink  Patty

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184