Topic: Joe's show at Whiskey Dick's in Columbus. <m>

GREAT show ... man, his tone and playing were excellent.

I've been a guitar player, and a big fan of great guitar players for the better part of 35 years, and Joe's one of my personal top favorites.

I hadn't seen Joe since he got the new drummer and bassist, but both of those guys were also fantastic.  The bassist's solo on "If I Get To Heaven" was incredible.

I also loved Joe's covers of Yes' song "Wurm" and ZZ Top's "Just Got Paid".

The venue wasn't the best ... very little seating, and a conrete floor to stand on for 2+ hours, but it was worth it.  The band also had a good bit of trouble with some roaring low frequency feedback in the first part of the show.  I don't know if it was coming from the drummer's toms or Joe's Marshalls, but I think something around there was to blame. Otherwise the sound was really good.

I already own every CD and DVD Joe has put out, so I didn't buy anything at the show, but this guy is one of the true talents in guitar playing.  You owe it to yourself to check him out live if you get the chance!

Re: Joe's show at Whiskey Dick's in Columbus. <m>

Just got paid jammed for sure. What did you think of the Led Zeppelin solo in the encore? That completely blew me away...the man is flawless!

3 (edited by Demonsterastratofixation 2006-11-22 19:26:58)

Re: Joe's show at Whiskey Dick's in Columbus. <m>

I wouldn't attribute that low fequency feedback to the band.  I don't think it was the toms or Joe's Marhall either, but I wasn't there so of course maybe. Was there a subwoofer anywhere (under the riser)?

Deacon wrote:

GREAT show ... man, his tone and playing were excellent.

I've been a guitar player, and a big fan of great guitar players for the better part of 35 years, and Joe's one of my personal top favorites.

I hadn't seen Joe since he got the new drummer and bassist, but both of those guys were also fantastic.  The bassist's solo on "If I Get To Heaven" was incredible.

I also loved Joe's covers of Yes' song "Wurm" and ZZ Top's "Just Got Paid".

The venue wasn't the best ... very little seating, and a conrete floor to stand on for 2+ hours, but it was worth it.  The band also had a good bit of trouble with some roaring low frequency feedback in the first part of the show.  I don't know if it was coming from the drummer's toms or Joe's Marshalls, but I think something around there was to blame. Otherwise the sound was really good.

I already own every CD and DVD Joe has put out, so I didn't buy anything at the show, but this guy is one of the true talents in guitar playing.  You owe it to yourself to check him out live if you get the chance!