Topic: Closed Topic Purging

What do you think about allowing the messages in the "Old Topics" area to remain longer? Once an inactive thread is closed and moved to that section, it seems to be purged fairly quickly. I think people (especially those who do not visit on a regular basis) would appreicate the ability to browse through the closed threads in the old topics area. That was one of the neat things about the old forum - one could scroll back months (or even years) if you wanted to.

I'm not suggesting that we let them collect there endlessly, but I do think the forum settings should be changed (if possible) to allow the closed threads to remain in the old topics area longer. Maybe 90 days? 120 days?

Your thoughts?

Re: Closed Topic Purging

Yes, keep them.

cool

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Yeh, keep 'em.
Lock the whole thing but leave it so people can browse. I visit another forum which has the old forum locked since its' upgrade, but I find it's like a mine of information & contains loads of really valuable reference points. Joe is such an outstanding guy in his field that I believe if nothing else, it will act as a valuable history lesson for old & new fans alike.

"The blues is just a good man feelin' bad"

I think is good to keep them as well, and be able to search on them.  Maybe some reasonable time limit like you suggest would be good, but I guess it depends on the server size/capacity.

Music is good for the Soul...

IMHO ~~~ Keep them!

L8r... John

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

I think it is a good idea to keep them around for a while too. With new people joining all the time they can catch up on some info that we can refer back to if needed.

Hi Stu,

The new message board is great.

I would agree to leave the old messages out there for a while. Some of the exchanges are pretty interesting and its good for a new member to be able to read and catch up with what has been going on.

Hope all is well with you.

Pat Russo