Topic: RKO, you out there?

RKO, Im going to see Mystery Train this Sunday night at the Blue Goose Inn so if your not doing anything, come on up!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: RKO, you out there?

Hey Rob,

The wife & i were thinking about hitting Royal Oak for dinner tonight.... Jimmy & Mystery Train are @ Memphis Smoke, so i might catch them there...if not maybe i'll hit the "Goose" tomorrow.

"growing older but staying immature"

http://www.myspace.com/rkomgt

Sounds good! I have my Son tonight so cant make the Memphis Smoke tonight. I want to check him out there sometime. Maybe see you tomorrow night! Have a good weekend!

Rob

well Rob,

did you get a chance to check out Mystery Train ?
we caught the saturday show @ Memphis Smoke...

RKO, I did see them last night and they were really on! I had Jimmy sign my 58 RI Les Paul. Looks great! Also bought their Live at Memphis Smoke cd. I actually got to talk to Jim for a minute. Says he is using a 64 twin Reverb Fender. I tell ya, that guy sure can play. All guitarists have their little bag of tricks that they use when playing but Jim has a big bag! Its really a shame that he doesnt get the recognition he deserves. Have you seen them perform Allman Joy? Man was that a treat! Still waiting to see them play Oh Well. I believe they did a Cactus song though. Next time they are in Royal Oak I will really try to get there. How was the Saturday show?

Rob

Rob,
I've seen Jimmy & Mystery Train numerous times and its always a good show.  They are some of the most polished under-rated musicians playing today.  I also used to see Jimmy when he played with Jeff Grand
as "McCarty / Grand" another stellar line-up.  If you ever get a chance to catch Jeff Grand ( currently going solo or with the "Grandmasters" ) do so...you won't be disappointed. Glad you enjoyed the show.  Saturdays show was excellent as well & yes, i have heard "Allman Joy" it is an incredible tune...i have all the Mystery Train cd's as well as Jeff Grands "Shock Therapy" where Jimmy lends some of him guitar magic to a few tunes.

7 (edited by zosozep7 2006-11-13 14:15:02)

RKO wrote:

Rob,
I've seen Jimmy & Mystery Train numerous times and its always a good show.  They are some of the most polished under-rated musicians playing today.  I also used to see Jimmy when he played with Jeff Grand
as "McCarty / Grand" another stellar line-up.  If you ever get a chance to catch Jeff Grand ( currently going solo or with the "Grandmasters" ) do so...you won't be disappointed. Glad you enjoyed the show.  Saturdays show was excellent as well & yes, i have heard "Allman Joy" it is an incredible tune...i have all the Mystery Train cd's as well as Jeff Grands "Shock Therapy" where Jimmy lends some of him guitar magic to a few tunes.

I never heard of Jeff Grand. Ill have to look into him. Thanks for the heads up. I will be picking up the rest of Mystery Train cds as I go to other shows. Maybe we can hook up for the next Royal Oak show. The band also did a version of BB Kings Sweet Little Angel and Rick Stell sounded just like Buddy Guy. It was incredible.

Rob