Topic: Jim Moody aka jim m

Hello to all JB Forum members and guests. I’m Jim Moody aka jim m. I have been posting on the forum for quite a few years the last couple as a moderator. I am a participant here mostly, only moderate part time. 

If you are new to the forum and wish to post you will have to register. If not then just observe as a guest till you get to know us better and whenever you are ready we would love for you to participate. You’ll find that this is the place to look for any news concerning Joe.

Whenever you are ready take the time to introduce yourself and start your journey with Joe.  He routinely reads the posts and chimes in from time to time. A lot has changed but Joe remains the same. He loves to keep in touch with his fans.

Re: Jim Moody aka jim m

Hi Jim...I'm a Joeaholic.     Cathy

I hear ya Sis.

Cool Jim, you surprised me a bit...in a good way....I welcome all you new people too...you dont have to go "post crazy" like some people (me)....but please drop in if you like

Shredit

cathysiler wrote:

Hi Jim...I'm a Joeaholic.     Cathy

I refer you to the second line of my signature. cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

6 (edited by hansamike 2008-12-04 09:10:45)

Hi Jim and all fellow JBm fans around the globe. It seems to be a growing fraternity. I'm Mike a Newbie comin' atcha from, literally, deep in a forest in Germany. I kinda climb trees for a living (dunno how that happened!).

Special greetings go to Amsterhammer. Never thought I would find a fellow Irons dude on here!

Seen Joe 4 times here over the last couple of years and meant to register here much sooner. Still better late than never.  The guy is an absolute axe "meister" and I was delighted to get the chance to speak with him in Hannover the gig before last and get a cool poster signature. Being English it had to be "Tea for One".

The concert in Hamburg on Tuesday was awesome. The word is getting out and we were 1200 strong apparently. I was hoping he would use all the guitars he brings and this time out he nearly did. Still picking my jaw off the floor following the Flying V version of Just Got Paid!

Sorry for going off message. I'm a bit new at this...

Best wishes from a snow white Norddeutschland

HansaMike

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

hansamike wrote:

Hi Jim and all fellow JBm fans around the globe. It seems to be a growing fraternity. I'm Mike a Newbie comin' atcha from, literally, deep in a forest in Germany. I kinda climb trees for a living (dunno how that happened!).

Special greetings go to Amsterhammer. Never thought I would find a fellow Irons dude on here!

Seen Joe 4 times here over the last couple of years and meant to register here much sooner. Still better late than never.  The guy is an absolute axe "meister" and I was delighted to get the chance to speak with him in Hannover the gig before last and get a cool poster signature. Being English it had to be "Tea for One".

The concert in Hamburg on Tuesday was awesome. The word is getting out and we were 1200 strong apparently. I was hoping he would use all the guitars he brings and this time out he nearly did. Still picking my jaw off the floor following the Flying V version of Just Got Paid!

Sorry for going off message. I'm a bit new at this...

Best wishes from a snow white Norddeutschland

HansaMike

LOL, can you tell I'm new at this post thing?
I'm also a joeaholic!
he's THE best!
my name is chris!:)

Hi Jim, I would like to 'introduce myself' as has been mentioned to me by a number of members of this forum, but cant find where to do it.  Please excuse me but i am not overly computer literate! Infact i find the whole site hard to navigate my way around.  I find it hard to find questions that i have posted and the 'replies' are not revelent to my answer.  Sorry for being so dumb............

Ten years ago this weekend was my first live Joe B experience. May 12 2002. I had received a promotional copy of the A New Day Yesterday CD and one sheet along with a two song sampler from the ANDY live video on VHS no less. Sent to the Blues Society I was affiliated with.

Drove the 100 miles to Tulsa to see him at the Tulsa Blues Fest. Have been on the JB bandwagon ever since. I saw something that day the reminded me of the early 70's Blues Rock I grew up listening to. The days when we used to invade the local Civic Center Auditorium to see bands like Mountain, Trapeze, Grand Funk and even Black Sabbath. Joe used to sign out front at the merch table and I introduced myself and shook his hand of course like many of you couldn't really express how I was feeling.

A few months later I dragged a car full and took them back to Tulsa in the summer on a Wednesday where about 25 people were attending mostly to see the young opening act Dustin Pittsley.  Joe played like he was playing for 2,500 and I knew this guy was going to become legendary. Over the next year I traveled to see him whenever he was within driving distance. The band and crew always welcomed me and Joe I think was concerned that I might be his first stalker.

In late 2003 I finally convinced his manager to allow me to promote a show in Oklahoma City using his newly launched Blues in the School program. Joe just finished up a tour in Seattle opening for Peter Frampton and I was a stop on their way back across country. This is when I got to know Joe. We had a weekend of promo scheduled that culminated in the live in studio broadcast on KRXO then two days worth of appearances at 3 local high schools and a middle school. The Tuesday show was at a rented old movie theater that was modified into a special events room. Sold 500 tickets.

That was my first opportunity to get to know Joe and it reconfirmed my thoughts that the guy was destined to become living legend. He knew where he wanted to be and was willing to do what it took to get there. I told him that I saw him revitalizing the stale music scene and bringing back the rock to blues which would propel both genre's forward. A new classic rock act  so to speak that would bring the old and new generations of fans together. He asked about the venues in town and I gave him the run down, pros cons, of each. I told him that I see him making it to the Civic Center Auditorium where I had last seen SRV in 1990. That was a goal of ours. That came true in 2010 but two weeks ago he returned and we sold it out. I should really say he did because I didn't have to do much this time. He has done the work. Made the right decisions had setbacks but came out stronger. He kept his eyes on the prize. Over the years although many things have changed for Joe I will say nothing has changed about him personally. He is still that guy I got to know all those years ago.

I have enjoyed watching the growth of his artistry and his business model and being a small part of it. He has inspired many people to work on his behalf simply because we wanted to see him succeed and share his talents with others. This forum was where I started getting involved with Joe's career. His original attempt at social marketing before anybody knew what social marketing was. He was Opie and I made a post or two as Sheriff ANDY of Mayberry before I became just plain old jim m. Again he just made the connection with his fans here and paid attention to the feedback both good and bad. This is where the fans exchanged ideas on marketing and street team efforts. Kept up with what was going on in Joe's world. That is what it is here for today.

Just wanted to add a little more in depth bio in honor of the 10th anniversary of my Joe experience. I know many of you new here are going through the same thing. Enjoy the ride.

Jim Moody

Brilliantly written and conveys all the passion. Thanks.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Fantastic.  Certainly evokes some pleasant early Joe memories, hearing about yours, Jim.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

I'd never heard this story either. Thanks for sharing this great read, Jim!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Thanks Jim. My education continues as you fill in some early information I'd never heard. Congratulations on your Tenth year enjoying what we all do. I envy you having so many more years of this great artist's experience and thank you for being instrumental in forwarding his career.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

15 (edited by Rocket 2012-05-13 12:19:52)

Dang those were heady (headin' for the daylight) days, Jim!!! I'll be in Syracuse for Joe this week, more or less home turf for us both, and it is where it started for me 12 years ago this fall.  And I remember those forum stories and things back then too.  IF I recall, you took Joe to an OKlahoma Sooners football game and wowed the young man with it's wild brand of fanfare...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith, It has Worked Purty Durn Good So far...
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hope you hang around Mr. Moods....10 years, you have seen ALOT, or maybe heard alot concerning JB....that was a cool story, I like you had a crystal ball and envisioned a "cant miss".....well it's taken a wee bit longer, but that's part of the fun....cant wait to be around for the next decade, should be a " Oh I knew he was all that way back in the old days" .....

Sincerely, "I aint never gonna be a driving through Oklahoma in May EVER yikes"

Former Tornado scardy cat, Shred

Hey Jim, congrats on the 10 year thing and thanks for sharing your story...very cool.
I'm a little late posting here, but it's a quiet morning and I'm catching up on some of the topics I've missed of late.
I've only been following Joe for eight years but, like you, I knew that Joe had world class talent the first time I saw him...hell, I knew it after the first song he played! He has made such significant strides in that time. I can't wait to see what the NEXT 10 years hold.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

jim m wrote:

Hello to all JB Forum members and guests. I’m Jim Moody aka jim m. I have been posting on the forum for quite a few years the last couple as a moderator. I am a participant here mostly, only moderate part time. 

If you are new to the forum and wish to post you will have to register. If not then just observe as a guest till you get to know us better and whenever you are ready we would love for you to participate. You’ll find that this is the place to look for any news concerning Joe.

Whenever you are ready take the time to introduce yourself and start your journey with Joe.  He routinely reads the posts and chimes in from time to time. A lot has changed but Joe remains the same. He loves to keep in touch with his fans.