Topic: Blues Alley shows 11-4-06

Wow, two great shows in one night. I'm still pumped and it's been hours since the show ended. So cool to meet up with Melissa, Jane & Christy. We also got to meet Mr & Mrs Bonamassa (mama & papa-massa). They were very nice and thankful of the ST support. Turns out that one of our friends who came to the show is from his hometown! There were lots of fans there, and quite a few who caught both shows as we did. Unfortunately no cameras were allowed so have none to post. Here are the set lists though.

8:00

Just Got Paid
Walk In My Shadows
So Many Roads
Mountain Time
Bridge To Better Days
A New Day Yesterday
Miss You, Hate You (accoustic)
Woke Up Dreaming (accoustic)
The River
Burning Hell

10:00

I didn't recognise the first song (Jane or Melissa, what was it? Pls help.)
You Upset Me Baby
Blues Deluxe
Mountain Time
Bridge To Better Days
A New Day Yesterday
Asking Around For You
Woke Up dreaming (accoustic)
Just Got Paid

Blues Alley is a very small venue. Think he said the first set, that it was 165 people. Made for a very personal show. Wish we could stay for tomorrows as well, but have to head on home. Already looking forward to the next time!!

Gotta get some sleep, now. :>)

RK

Re: Blues Alley shows 11-4-06

Wow.... 2 shows an evening ...sounds you all had a great bona-time [19 songs] and a personal one, as you write a small venue. Looking forward to the euro-shows already.
Thanks for posting the setlist
And all of you goiing to the gigs ENJOY!!!

11/4/2006 Early show-

Wow! Had an awesome time! Blues Alley is a very small venue but the sound was outstanding. I wish we could have stayed for both shows.

Jane-outstanding solo you did.

Joe-thanks for making our 25th anniversary the most memorable one yet!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Jane thanks for the awesome detail of everything!  I can tell you guys had a blast!  Can't wait to hear all the details live on the Tuesday nite chat.  And I got REALLY EXCITED when I saw" You Upset Me Baby" on the list!!!  Oh Joe, if you read this, would you please do "You Upset Me Baby" at The Surf in Iowa if possible.  (I'm not quite begging.....what the heck...decided when I turned 50 that ya' might as well ask...the worst that can happen is no....;) )  Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I went to Sat. early show and it was awesome.  I came down fron Ct/Mass area and brought friends.  It was the first time they heard Joe and they loved it.  4 more fans to hopefully join the street team!  I had an opportunity to speak with Joe after the show.  I do appriciate the time that he spent chating with my girlfriend and I.  Also thanks to Jane for e-mailing me info about Blues Alley!  It was also great to hear from Joe that he will be back at Toad's in CT and that he will be comming back to the Boston area!  Special thanks to Janice for bringing all of us to Blues Alley for my birthday.  The show was unbelievable!  Great job Joe, Mark and Boggie!!!

6 (edited by Barbara 2006-11-06 18:05:47)

Absolutely perfect!  Thats how I would describe this past Saturday night at Blues Alley.  Two fantastic shows in a very intimate club in one fun college town to "hang-in", Georgetown.  Does not get any better than that.  And yes, Blues Alley is located in an alley.  Joe, Bogie and Mark were awesome on Saturday night. 

Joe you look fantastic and you seem so energized.  It was a joy to watch you play and your interaction with the audience at both of Saturday night's performances was personal, funny and very entertaining.  Great job!  Bogie, you are such an unbelievably amazing drummer--I think I could watch you play your drums all day long. Thanks so much for taking a few minutes of your time to speak with me.  It was wonderful talking to you again.  You are simply the best!  Mark you rocked on Saturday night. 

Melissa, Dean and Jane I am glad I got to see you guys and to talk with you.  Christy it was really nice to meet you too.  I hope to see you with Jane again at one of Joe's concerts down the road.

Joe, my sincere thanks to you, Bogie and Mark for putting on another two outstanding shows for an incredible night of blues music in Georgetown.  It was truly a memorable road trip!!  Much success and good luck to you guys on this leg of your tour.  I will see you in Columbus, OH in two weeks.  Love you guys in Pittsburgh, Barbara

Haven't seen anyone chime in about Friday's shows so I guess I'll add this here. Saw the late show Friday, definitely a one of a kind. Love Blues Alley, it is a great place to see Joe. The main set (if I recall correctly) :

Takin' the Hit
Walk in My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Bridge to Better Days
Mountain Time
Just Got Paid
Woke Up Dreamin' (solo Acoustic)

Then Joe said they were looking for a way to change things up since they were playing 2 shows in the same place 4 nights in a row. So "for the first time" they played his "twenty-six and a half minute version" of Are You Experienced? The set included :

Are You Experienced
Foxey Lady
Manic Depression
The Wind Cries Mary
I Don't Live Today
Fire
...and one more for some reason I think I'm blanking on....

It was really unique, a great way to finish us off. A cool change of pace and a really awesome re-arranging of the album. I know there are some great tapers on this site and Jane has hooked me up in the past (very generous).....if anyone comes across a recording of this great night, let me know.

Jane...

Glad to hear you had a great time!  Thanks a bunch for the live update!

Cheers,

Tara

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

bmwwilson wrote:

Haven't seen anyone chime in about Friday's shows so I guess I'll add this here. Saw the late show Friday, definitely a one of a kind. Love Blues Alley, it is a great place to see Joe. The main set (if I recall correctly) :

Takin' the Hit
Walk in My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Bridge to Better Days
Mountain Time
Just Got Paid

Then Joe said they were looking for a way to change things up since they were playing 2 shows in the same place 4 nights in a row. So "for the first time" they played his "twenty-six and a half minute version" of Are You Experienced? The set included :

Are You Experienced
Foxey Lady
Manic Depression
The Wind Cries Mary
I Don't Live Today
Fire

It was really unique, a great way to finish us off. A cool change of pace and a really awesome re-arranging of the album. I know there are some great tapers on this site and Jane has hooked me up in the past (very generous).....if anyone comes across a recording of this great night, let me know.

Deep depression is setting in (missing that 2nd show). I hope someone has recorded that show as well. That's a treasure.

bmwwilson wrote:

Takin' the Hit
Walk in My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Bridge to Better Days
Mountain Time
Just Got Paid

Are You Experienced
Foxey Lady
Manic Depression
The Wind Cries Mary
I Don't Live Today
Fire

The Hendrix set as I remember it was Are You Experienced, Manic Depression, Foxy Lady, Fire, Love or Confusion, Wind Cries Mary, and I Don't Live Today.  That set was quite a treat, and the show was primo from beginning to end.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Wow!!!

Sounds like a freaking awesome show.

David wrote:
bmwwilson wrote:

Takin' the Hit
Walk in My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Bridge to Better Days
Mountain Time
Just Got Paid

Are You Experienced
Foxey Lady
Manic Depression
The Wind Cries Mary
I Don't Live Today
Fire

Deep depression is setting in (missing that 2nd show). I hope someone has recorded that show as well. That's a treasure.

I second that request, did anybody record that show??? 

Would really liked to have heard that for sure...

Music is good for the Soul...

Melissa wrote:

The Hendrix set as I remember it was Are You Experienced, Manic Depression, Foxy Lady, Fire, Love or Confusion, Wind Cries Mary, and I Don't Live Today.  That set was quite a treat, and the show was primo from beginning to end.

Love or Confusion! Right on - thanks Melissa. Where were you sitting? We were in the far corner behind the diplomats in dark suits who got up to leave mid-show. What a waste of good tickets.

Hey bonabuddy Jane- Sometimes I'm guilty of skim reading, so maybe I missed something-what is it that you want that you're not getting...a particular song?? later... dudette

Jane H. wrote:

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about getting it! not my first choice I guess but now that i see he played that i think I would have absolutely lost it if i witnessed that, dang!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Check out my full review of Joe's incredible November 4th, Blues Alley show at
concertdvdreviews.com

At the 11-4 show, I took a picture of a couple with Joe and need to send you the picture. I just can't seem to find where I put the email address. As I have been traveling non-stop since then, I am a little out of sorts. I remember the email address is from the song Lowsparkofhighheeledboys but can't remember the provider. If this is you or you know who it is, please email me so that I can get your picture to you.
Roadking

Hey Paul, I made sure to pass your BC version of the review along. I personally loved it and thought many others would, too.

Great job!

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez