Topic: Atlanta show (and meet & greet) 10/11/08

Hi everyone in Atlanta, and those who are planning on coming in town for the show.  There is a meet & greet planned on Saturday, October 11th, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the new Sam Ash Music on Cobb Parkway.

Here is a link to more info, directions, etc.:

www.samashmusic.com/events/view.asp?EventID=724&StoreID=72

We can't make it to the M&G, but look forward to seeing you at the show on Saturday!

Kathy

Re: Atlanta show (and meet & greet) 10/11/08

We'll be there, too, Kathy!  So looking forward to it!  Can't make the M&G either, but will not miss the show!

Welcome To The Starship Heart Of Gold

Hopefully someone will chime in with the setlist. You know,, it's been fun watching Joe grow over the past few years. IMHO, he seems to really be maturing in his music,alot of refinement ocurring in/with his music right now. In a way, he reminds me of Clapton,playing like a man possesed,however,making it look so easy. There are some musicans,specifically guitarist,that you just "know" when they pick up the guitar,and hit that first note,,,they are just cut above the others,Joe has that talent.I have been waiting for this show since I last saw him in Feb. at the Loft. I am 59 years old,,and being somewhat of an old "acid rocker",I had told/invited some of the younger generation that I work with,to come and see his performance.Upon leaving last night,,I heard my name called,and there they were,,all smiles,and ,,,well ,you know the rest---hooked on JB. How was the show?---Powerful,yet refined,he has taken it up a notch for sure---entertaining---YES.
Worth the price of admission---HELL YES

Can Joe play Zep like nobody else---YES

Hope all of you had as good a time as I did

Later---george

Hi George. Nothing makes me happier than to hear about young, new fans. I too am 59 and worry that the younger generation are missing out on great music such as Joe's. Let's hope we see this chamge in our lifetime. It is a trip to watch Joe mature. Puffs me up like a proud parent. Thanks for sharing, Cathy

I was at the Atlanta show and it was amazing. Drove all the way from Knoxville TN to see the show and worth every mile and every dime. This was my 2nd time to see Joe and I brought 3 friends and this was their first time seeing him. Words cannot express the show. Joe is an unbelievable guitarist. This maybe blasphemy but Joe is by far a better guitarist then Hendrix, SRV and Clapton combined. His songs are great. The set list was the same as the other shows in past few weeks. I am so glad he played Blues Deluxe. That is my all time favorite song of his. If you were at the show and you heard some yell out blues deluxe in excitement when he first started that was me.
Can't wait to see Joe again.

6 (edited by David A. 2008-10-13 07:07:34)

dangerbird wrote:

Hopefully someone will chime in with the setlist. You know,, it's been fun watching Joe grow over the past few years. IMHO, he seems to really be maturing in his music,alot of refinement ocurring in/with his music right now. In a way, he reminds me of Clapton,playing like a man possesed,however,making it look so easy. There are some musicans,specifically guitarist,that you just "know" when they pick up the guitar,and hit that first note,,,they are just cut above the others,Joe has that talent.I have been waiting for this show since I last saw him in Feb. at the Loft. I am 59 years old,,and being somewhat of an old "acid rocker",I had told/invited some of the younger generation that I work with,to come and see his performance.Upon leaving last night,,I heard my name called,and there they were,,all smiles,and ,,,well ,you know the rest---hooked on JB. How was the show?---Powerful,yet refined,he has taken it up a notch for sure---entertaining---YES.
Worth the price of admission---HELL YES

Can Joe play Zep like nobody else---YES

Hope all of you had as good a time as I did

Later---george

Setlist:

Ballad of John Henry
Bridge to Better Days
So Many Roads
Mountain Time
Another Kind Of Love
Sloe Gin
Highwater Everywhere
Your Funeral My Trial
Blues Deluxe
Woke Up Dreaming
Just Got Paid
encore
One Of These Days
Asking Around For You

Great show as usual, Joe and the band were smokin...  The venue was really cool, had great sound from where we were sitting, but I heard that it was not good up top.  Got to visit with David and Debbie, and Kathy B. and Randy.  Kathy's son was there and saw Joe the first time, and was impressed of course. Really good to see fellow forum members. 

The meet and greet and Sam Ash was a real treat.  It wasn't a guitar clinic but Joe just talking.  Learned soooo many things about Joe that I never heard before.  It would take too long to post here but very informative...

Music is good for the Soul...

I was at the Atlanta show Saturday night. Unfortunately, on the way to the show I got stuck in that damn "Taste of Atlanta" traffic and thought I was going to lose my religion. But wow, it was worth it….what an awesome show Joe put on! At the tender age of 32, he’s a guitar master. I’ll mention a few observations about the show. They had Joe’s vocals "mixed" down slightly at the beginning, but this was some-what corrected. It was almost as if his drummer and bassist were trying to bury him alive. This was my first show at Centre Stage and it appeared to be a sellout. It was a great venue, very intimate. I definitely would go to see another show there in the future. The crowd was an older, “Senior” crowd, which is not usual for a “Blues” crowd. But, I have to say, this was the first Rock or Blues concert I’ve ever been to where I saw a man getting around with a cane. I’m in my 40’s, but still, it made me feel a bit old.  Granted the crowd was mature, but still very enthusiastic.  Joes’ nearly 20 years of stage experience was quite obvious. He worked the crowd like putty in his hands. The set list was near perfect, but I would have like to have heard “If Heartaches were Nickels". Hey I’m “old-school”,  but “Blues Deluxe” was a nice substitute though. Also, Joe looks 3-5 years younger now that he lost that weight. I hope he’s able to keep it off. Well…I’ll close by just saying that it was simply the best live guitar performance I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen a few good ones like Beck, Satriani, Vai and Gilmour. I’m not old enough to have seen SRV, but IMO Bonamassa’s obviously in that class. Thx Joe!

8 (edited by dangerbird 2008-10-14 10:29:10)

If anyone has any pic's of the Atlanta show,, please e-mail some to me Please,,as I suck with my camera,,and only 2 pic's of the 50 or so that I took were halfway decent. Thanks in advance

george.daniel@tenethealth.com
or
janicegeorge2223@charter.net

Thanks in advance----george

Bumping this for the Center Stage picture request,, I would really appreciate it,,and Thanks,,anyone,, in advance.BTW,got the "live from nowhere in particular" in the mail yesterday. I'm glad that I did,,the recording is very good IMHO,,
Rock on

George

anybody got any pic's of the Atlanta show they might be willing to post/share?The ones I took suck. Thanks in advance.

dangerbird wrote:

anybody got any pic's of the Atlanta show they might be willing to post/share?The ones I took suck. Thanks in advance.

Check your email...

Music is good for the Soul...