Re: To all the Newbies

Yes ....Welcome all newbies!

I have been negligent in my duties welcoming newcomers to the site so this is perfect!!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site as much as you do Joe's music. After all thats what brought you here!!

Stay Safe All
Spider

Thick and fast, they keep on coming, onwards and upwards......

Welcome all recent newbies, enjoy the ride.

George

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Hi, I am us is You and Me - we are the Wing (if you want to be).
Just something written by a fan trying to welcome new ones and it gets reposted every so often. Orignally intended for the format of the previous Joe Bonamassa official forum, it has been edited a few times.
Just for fun but very real!

Hey, seems like time to post this again with all the new fans joining! (slightly edited)
  Welcome new fans to the Wing. Join us, we have been eagerly awaiting your arrival. If you've made it here you must have been blown away by Joe Bonamassa and one or all of his Bands and are already needing more. You are or will be Bonaddicted, and may you never recover. You are not alone, you are under the Wing.
  If you haven't seen a live show yet, you must, for it is the ultimate Bonamassa experience. If you have, then, as some of us like to say, you have been Bonabaptised. I need not say but you know your life has changed for the better. Your blues rock and roll dreams are coming true, and you are not alone, you are under the Wing.
  Very young to considerably older, coast to coast, and WORLDWIDE we are just a bunch of fans gathering here to discuss Joe Bonamassa, his music and band. No matter where you live you can feel at home here and there's no place like it. You'll find that many are musicians, many are not, but all of us are truly amazed with by Bonamassa's talent, music and the pleasure it brings. Join us here under the wing. There is plenty of room for you and those to come, as its growing exponetially. With each new fan a feather and greater power.
  Soon you may find some great friends whom you've never met. If you find yourself for the first time communicating with strangers through email or chat, you are not alone, you are under the Wing and we are damn glad you are here. If you find yourself planning your life around the Bonamassa tour schedule, you are not alone, you are under the Wing. If you need someone to talk to the boss, at work or home, so you can get to a show easier, we are here for you, we will talk to the boss. If this sounds a little crazy to you, and you just plain like the music, you are not alone, you are under the Wing.
   Please share with us your Bonamassa testimonial, please post and tell us how it is for you(thanks to those who have). Give us your ideas of how to bring the joy to others. If you find yourself speechless, that's ok and you are not alone. Don't be discouraged if you post and receive no replies, those often are the best posts. The board is compulsively read by many who don't post. If you have a question for Joe, he's been known to respond. If you don't get so lucky, search back through the forum for what he's shared before. You can also check out the links here(home page go to bottom,click links).
  We don't ask much of you, only that you share with us, when you are ready, everything Bonamassa, promise to spread the music, and always give the benefit of the doubt to any post because things can be read differently than they were intended.
  And if you are a sharing taper, a sharing photographer, or are willing to share some space up by the stage, well you..... Hey You! come 'ere, come 'ere, come 'ere! We have reserved a very soft fluffy downy spot under the Wing just for you and we'll take extra good care of you. The straps? Oh those, they're there to make sure you can't leave, I mean uh they are there for safety, yeah to keep you tapers safe on this wild ride, yeah that's it.
  So, dear new fans, we welcome you to this Wing and be sure you are not alone. It may not always be bright and golden, but its been know to be warm and fuzzy and its all about Bonamassa. This flight is constantly rising to new and unexplored heights and its about to reach warp speed. Long may the music play throughout all the land and airspace.

Peace,
   the Wing

(This post has been brought to you by one crazy sick in love fan attempting to summarize some of the feelings of fellow fans and is not a representative of Joe Bonamassa, his band, family, management, label, other fans, or website admin.)

PS: Joe, let us know if we say things here you don't like, thanks! and keep those updates coming, they mean a great deal to us...

Just wanted to pull this back up because I've been away and the flock continues to grow. So, a warm welcome to all the new members. Thanks for sharing your Joe stories. This is a wonderful site, have fun!       Cathy

Doo- bee a good noo-bee, don't be a bad noo-bee......................Shades of Miss Nancy, anybody remember that??????

Think Blue,

J Dawg/DPM

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Doo- bee a good noo-bee, don't be a bad noo-bee......................Shades of Miss Nancy, anybody remember that??????

Think Blue,

J Dawg/DPM

I do!! She NEVER said "Cathy" when she looked into that magic mirror at the end of the show!! I couldn't understand! It's not like it's an odd name!!   Over it now, Cathy

That's OK Sis, I know a good Doo-Bee when I meet one.

Think Blue,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

That's OK Sis, I know a good Doo-Bee when I meet one.

Think Blue,

J Dawg

Yes indeed, Dawg, you're not alone there. cool

Think green...and...blue.

RIP Iron Man

Hello to all...

Ive been a Bonamassaphile for about four years now.
   My name is Louis and I live in Charlotte, NC.  My favorite "Joe" songs are Ball Peen Hammer, Sloe Gin, Another Kind of Love, Just Got Paid, If Heartaches Were Nickels and Woke up Dreaming. I wish I had picked up a guitar sooner- But, I think it's better late than never... I always loved Rock and Blues from along the way.
   About four years ago my mother got sick. She had a rare form of Brain cancer called Glioblastoma. We lost her this past Easter. My family really needed me in that time- to mix her Juices up, Take her to the Oncologyst, Chemotherapy, Radiation and Physical Therapy. When she was diagnosed- we knew she had  1 - 3 years to live. We gave her the best three years we could.
   During that time, I couldn't work full time. My Brother and Dad really needed me to be There... So, I picked up a guitar. It's been a type of Catharsis for me as the 'caregiver'. I found myself glued for hours to an acoustic electric. Now I began playing the songs I always loved from along the way...
  Now that I have dealt with my loss and moved forward with my own life... I still have that music in me. It just keeps me going (as he pointed to his cabbage). When I was in College I always had part time jobs, projects too much STUFF to deal with. It just wasn't possible for me to play in those days. I finished college in 2000.
  At this point, I am anxiously waiting for my first Electric... I'll pick it up on the 30th this month. I can't wait to get that in these hands...  I just got lucky enough to meet Joe at the Charlotte show on thursday the 16th. Thanks Joe for an awesome concert...  and for signing these tabs. That's something I'm just not going to forget. What a quality show and a class act-  Louis

"All You have to do is write one true sentence..." E. Hemingway

64 (edited by cathysiler 2008-10-21 13:06:03)

Hi Louis. That's a wonderful thing you did for your Mom. Sorry for your loss. Music is a healer for many of us. I hope you enjoy your electric guitar and become skilled quickly. Joe is a nice guy and I'm glad you met. I know your Mom would be proud of you. Thanks for sharing your story. Stick around, have fun, check out the gear section...you'll know what to want next  lol...    Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Hi Louis. That's a wonderful thing you did for your Mom. Sorry for your loss. Music is a healer for many of us. ...    Cathy

Absolutely what she said! I totally understand where you were and what it took to get out of there. So give yourself a well deserved pat on the shoulder (yes Cathy, I'm giving myself one too).

I suggest you re-post in a new topic rather than 'hiding' in here where perhaps not so many will read your introduction. Welcome to a particularly wonderful and truly amazing place.

And that goes for all the other newbies too!

RIP Iron Man

AHEM!

Welcome to Bonnamassaland, better than Disneyland, where you will find your extended, disfunctional family.

...andwhatfreshhelldoththisbring?

phone ringing  pfui...

Oh GOD spare me!  You know I have all manner of hypocrites calling me...the answer is me!
I'm voting for me!  Where was I?  ah yes Welcome to all

Don't take yourself too seriously.

MuchLove
BigJeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

BUMP.....I think, once again, new members are coming in faster than I can keep up, so, WELCOME all!!! Each and everyone of you matter and it's wonderful that you joined. Cathy

Thank you for the warm welcome. On here a week and I already feel like I've been a member for years.  Joe Rock, but the only thing that rocks harder then Joe is Joe's Fan on this Forum!

Can't believe how quickly the newbie list keeps growing! Instead of lots of separate welcomes, I offer this general (though nonetheless heartfelt) welcome to all you recent members, particularly in view of last night's announcement of the historic date that we've all been looking forward to.

Enjoy, guys and gals, this is a great place!

RIP Iron Man

Nice to see some new names joining. Please join in and contribute to the discussions on our man.

We're getting some really wacky pen names registering. Please give a little info about yourselves and, if you are able to, why you chose your names.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Absolutely, what Phil said.

Too many new names for an old and failing memory to deal with, so I'll once again offer my welcome to all on this thread. If you like what you see, join in and post - please!

George

RIP Iron Man

Only six days later but so many more newbies!

Welcome all - you don't need a sales pitch for this place, just stick around, feel the vibe and post away.

George

RIP Iron Man