Topic: Anyone check out that new OCD pedal by Fulltone?

I know Joe dont use this pedal but wanted to spread the word of this awesome pedal! OCD. Obssesive Compulsive drive. This pedal really screams I tell ya! Check out the reviews. I also have the Fulltone deja Vibe 2 pedal and the Full Drive Mosfat pedal all by Fulltone. They are very vice pedals. Just for the record, I dont work for Fulltone. LOL. Robin Trower is using allot of Fulltone pedals including the Clyde Deluxe Wah. He says he rarely turns his OCD pedal off! Check out Fulltone products at their website.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: Anyone check out that new OCD pedal by Fulltone?

What sort of sound does it give? Can you compare it to any other overdrives. I have a Fulldrive 2, its a great pedal.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Jess, its one blazing over drive! I have this hooked up to my Hot Rod Deville with the volume at about 1 3/4 and when I hit the pedal on it doubles or triples in volume! Use a Fender product with single coil pickups and you never have to turn the OCD off. You just use your volume on the guitar and it really does clean up nicely like the adds say. I just bought the 10th anniversary Full Drive Mosfat pedal by Fulltone. I hear its killer. Still waiting for it in the mail. Check out the OCD demos at www.fulltone.com. Mike Fuller has quite a few demos with different guitars on that pedal. It is really hot right now and they are tuff to find in any store. I bought mine on Ebay and got #248!. I paid $150 with shipping. I probably will get rid of my Maxon Tube screamer. Hope this helps!

Rob

Jess wrote:

What sort of sound does it give? Can you compare it to any other overdrives. I have a Fulldrive 2, its a great pedal.

I had the OCD for about a month.  I thought it was a very responsive pedal when it came to dynamics.  It cleaned up really nice when you played soft and got dirty when you played hard.  The quality of the distortion was great, but I just couldn't dial in the right tone.  It was very ice picky with my particular setup.  I ended up trading it for the Full-Drive 2 which is much more of what I was looking for.  Overall, Fulltone makes some really great sounding products.  My favorite pedal though is my AnalogMan modified Maxon OD-9.  I highly recommend the AnalogMan mod, it does wonders.  It gets such a great warm vintage tone.

I'm actually seriously considering getting one of those- my current overdrive/ distortion pedal isn't doing it for me anymore.  Either an OCD or a Fulldrive mosfet.  Not really sure... I'm going to go to a music store around me that sells fulltone pedals- I'll let you know what I think about both of them after I finally get to the store.

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

6 (edited by zosozep7 2006-09-19 11:10:41)

Scott, all the Fulltone products are hard to find right now!! Even on Ebay. I have the Mosfet coming in the mail. It should be here any day. Ill let you know what I think of it but the OCD packs a huge punch! Let me know what you think of the OCD. You can hear demos of their products at www.fulltone.com.

Rob

kwsjb1238 wrote:

I'm actually seriously considering getting one of those- my current overdrive/ distortion pedal isn't doing it for me anymore.  Either an OCD or a Fulldrive mosfet.  Not really sure... I'm going to go to a music store around me that sells fulltone pedals- I'll let you know what I think about both of them after I finally get to the store.

Scott

I have an OCD and I love it!! I play it through a Fender Pro Junior and it makes the little bugger SCREAM at low volumes. The junior itself "breaks up" nicely at about 5-7 on the volume knob. But by that time , I'm KILLING my bandmates!! The OCD pushes the little amp nicely. What sold me was, when I demoed it in Guitar Center....i tried it with a little crappy $100.00 Sqier Strat......and this little piece of driftwood sounded like GOD!!!! I thought...if it could do this for a Squier.....I can't wait to get it home!!

"One of Chuck's children out there playin' his licks"

I have a Mesa Lone Star and a Fender Hot Rod Deville. The Mesa sounds good with the OCD but the Fender is killer with the OCD!! My Mesa really dont need it because it will scream on its own! Your right about the OCD screaming at low levels on the amp. Its like it boosts the amp by 3 fold. I seen Robin Trower the other night and he uses an OCD. His amps were super loud but crystal clear. I could here every note he was playing. He never turned the pedal off.

Rob

richp wrote:

I have an OCD and I love it!! I play it through a Fender Pro Junior and it makes the little bugger SCREAM at low volumes. The junior itself "breaks up" nicely at about 5-7 on the volume knob. But by that time , I'm KILLING my bandmates!! The OCD pushes the little amp nicely. What sold me was, when I demoed it in Guitar Center....i tried it with a little crappy $100.00 Sqier Strat......and this little piece of driftwood sounded like GOD!!!! I thought...if it could do this for a Squier.....I can't wait to get it home!!

zosozep7 wrote:

I have a Mesa Lone Star and a Fender Hot Rod Deville. The Mesa sounds good with the OCD but the Fender is killer with the OCD!! My Mesa really dont need it because it will scream on its own!

I also have a Mesa Lone Star and a Fender Hot Rod Deville.  I totally agree with that assesment.  Although, my favorite two tones right now are the Lone Stars clean channel (with the effects loop hard bypassed) and the Lone Stars clean channel with a Tube Screamer in front of it with a Stratocaster.  The Tube Screamer on the Lone Stars clean channels turns that amp into a Blues monster.  The second channel on the Lone Star is also killer, although, I prefer to run it without anytype of distortion or overdrive pedals and a Les Paul or PRS McCarty.

Codetitan, I couldnt agree with you more about the tube screamer on the Mesa! I like it better than the OCD but as I stated before, the OCD is downright killer on the Fender Hot Rod! I got a pleasant suprize when I bought that Hot Rod. That is a Fender on steroids! I plug my Tele in and hit the OCD and start playing the solo to Stairway to Heaven and it sounds like the same thing Jimmy Page used during the recording! I hook up my 58 RI Les Paul to the Mesa on the clean and hit my Maxon OD 9 and the guitar will sustain forever! Plug my Explorer into the same thing and Wow! The pinch harmonics are absolute wonderful! Like Billy Gibbons. Ill tell you another nice little amp I have and thats the VOX Valvetronix 30 watt. Man, that thing can scream also! Unbelievable for a 30 watt amp. Turn it on, crank the volume up to 10 and it just down right screams!

Rob

Check out the Fulltone website for some good info on these pedals.  Mr. Fuller describes the OCD as walking on the Vox/Marshall side of the street.  The Full Drive is a little more Fender like.  I think that's a fair assessment.  Both are great pedals, but I prefer the FD2 for it's versatility.

Jason