Topic: Anyone have the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Unit??

Just wanted to get some input on this power box. I been wanting one and have heard good things about it but wanted to hear others inputs. I know they have a new unit out now. The Voodoo II Pedal power. Does this unit have some extra adapters for 18volt? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

2 (edited by CodeTitan 2006-10-11 16:54:03)

Re: Anyone have the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Unit??

I haven't tried that particular power supply, but I did try the Dunlop DC Power Brick and ended up taking it back because it was introducing a lot of hum into my rig.  I'm curious to here about the Voodoo labs product also.

I know Mike Fuller from Fulltone recommends it but want to hear it from a person on the street. I was looking at the Brick also.

I have the Pedal Power 2 plus, it's been awesome

comes with all the cables you would need, or you could order more

you probably wouldn't need a diff cable for 18v, just flip a dip switch I believe

there are diff types of cable that come with it for line 6 stuff, and another one,
or you can order make whatever you need

you can emulate battery sag with it

either way, most importantly for me, is no noticable increase in hum in any of my pedals

http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm

Thanks Rick! Im in the process of purchasing one. Sounds good.

Rob

I've been using the Pedal Power for several years now, and have never had an issue with them.  You can get special Y-cables from Voodoo lab to run 18 volts.  That will use two spots on the PP.  I use one of these for my Full Drive.

Jason