Re: The Coach House 8/7

Musicinmysoul wrote:

Shoot...did anyone else notice I put the wrong date in the title of the thread?

Write to Jim Moody, the Moderator, Danny - he can fix it for you. 

smile  me

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Okay - here's the link to the original Gibson 335 Anniversary Celebration at the Hall of Fame.  This is where Joe chats about being GIVEN the guitar in question........ 

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6736

I'm a little confused now - was he given a 335 or, a 345???  Joe's comment says a 345 - is that a typo?  or is THAT what this guitar is??

JOE - can you please clarify exactly WHAT that beautiful red guitar is and WHERE it came from??  THANK YOU.

smile  libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

21 (edited by fuzzy wuzzy 2008-08-10 06:57:31)

Hi Lib,
  Joe definately said he was given a 345. Its a stereo version of a 335 so they look alike.
I don't think it was a typo because when he jumped into the discussion it was to clarify that it was a 345 not a 335. Is there any video of that event? I would really like to see it.

Ciao for now,
Jack

Excellent you tube Libby-That looks like a cherry red 345 to me note the varitone knob.

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:

Hi Lib,
  Joe definately said he was given a 345. Its a stereo version of a 335 so they look alike.
I don't think it was a typo because when he jumped into the discussion it was to clarify that it was a 345 not a 335. Is there any video of that event? I would really like to see it.

Ciao for now,
Jack

Excellent you tube Libby-That looks like a cherry red 345 to me note the varitone knob.

Jack,

I am NOT a guitar expert - at ALL!!!  But, I did just spend several minutes looking at the differences between a 335 and a 345 and it would appear, to me, that Joe was indeed given a 345 and NOT a 335....... I think the only reason I questioned it was because of the NAME and NATURE of the EVENT itself....... "Gibson Guitar Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the ES-335 Guitar, with Larry Carlton and Guests"........... boy, oh boy........ just a little confusing for an ordinary civilian like me.... tongue

I don't KNOW if there is a video of the event...... perhaps you could contact the Hall of Fame and see if they were taping.  Melissa and Dean were there......maybe they know if an official videotape was shot.  I do know that photos were NOT allowed.

Thank you Jack for the kind words about the youtube video - but, it was NOT mine.  Patty found it and posted it.  I shot stills in Hollywood and was SPECIFICALLY told by security that VIDEO was NOT allowed........ I'm still waiting for my partner, Miss Eva, to take me by the hand and lead me thru the world of youtube.......  I've decided that we will call ourselves "Libbling and Liebling Productions".  I will keep you in the loop and be sure to send you a special invitation when it's PREMIERE day.  See you on the red carpet.    cool

wink  Libby

Bill S.