1 (edited by JBSRV 2008-07-13 22:53:13)

Topic: Stevie Ray Vaughan's last song

I can't believe I found this. This is the song "Sweet Home Chicago" from the final concert of Stevie Ray Vaughan. The last song he ever played.

Granted this is a little erie, but it's something I've always wanted to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5_Ssz5SSk

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan's last song

That was awesome! I only wish it was video'd.

Spider wrote:

That was awesome! I only wish it was video'd.

Apparently it was and possibly could be released in 2010 by the vaughan family, but that's just a rumor.

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

i got the entire concert on cd wink

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Rumor has it that a soundboard of his last show exists, but when Sony/Epic looked high and low for it to put a portion on the SRV box set back in 2000, they couldn't find it, just the August 25th show, the show before his last. I tend to take the viewpoint that I find it hard to believe that with Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Jimmie Vaughan, Robert Cray, and Buddy Guy sharing the stage, nobody got a quality-sounding recording.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:

Rumor has it that a soundboard of his last show exists, but when Sony/Epic looked high and low for it to put a portion on the SRV box set back in 2000, they couldn't find it, just the August 25th show, the show before his last. I tend to take the viewpoint that I find it hard to believe that with Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Jimmie Vaughan, Robert Cray, and Buddy Guy sharing the stage, nobody got a quality-sounding recording.

You can buy bootlegs with the entire Aug. 26'th show like NPB_EST.1979 has but you have to look for it. It's not easy to find.

I don't buy bootlegs. That's illegal. I'll trade for them, and I actually have that show. I'm talking about a soundboard recording, fit for official release. The audience recording is decent, but nowhere near good enough for official release.

Deezer wrote:

I don't buy bootlegs. That's illegal. I'll trade for them, and I actually have that show. I'm talking about a soundboard recording, fit for official release. The audience recording is decent, but nowhere near good enough for official release.

Oh yeah I only trade as well sorry if that sounded wrong. I misunderstood you sorry. Apparently there is one that's in the hands of the Vaughan family to be released in 2010. The two songs on the box set are from the last sow on the 26'th I believe.

Yup. didn't buy mine. Traded with somebody. You're right though the quality is not astounding.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

JBSRV wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Oh yeah I only trade as well sorry if that sounded wrong. I misunderstood you sorry. Apparently there is one that's in the hands of the Vaughan family to be released in 2010. The two songs on the box set are from the last sow on the 26'th I believe.

They're from the 25th. If they're with the Vaughan family, they ain't telling. This is from Craig Hopkins, the guy who runs www.stevieray.com . He's pretty much an insider when it comes to all things Vaughan. He wrote the timeline in the box set, and has written three books on Stevie. He's also trying to get an SRV museum started down in Dallas.

11 (edited by Musicinmysoul 2008-07-14 12:36:17)

Wow, that is eerie....very cool to hear though. Makes me want to play.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Deezer wrote:
JBSRV wrote:
Deezer wrote:

They're from the 25th. If they're with the Vaughan family, they ain't telling. This is from Craig Hopkins, the guy who runs www.stevieray.com . He's pretty much an insider when it comes to all things Vaughan. He wrote the timeline in the box set, and has written three books on Stevie. He's also trying to get an SRV museum started down in Dallas.

Ok I haven't checked the date on that in a while sorry about that smile.

Oh my, that's a strange thing to hear, when you know what followed. Got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye right now.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young