Re: The real reason for this website?

Bob wrote:

This is an interactive area where fans interact by their reviews which often have their personal experiences at the shows mixed in with their review.

YES!

Deezer wrote:

Joe posts here as well (quite frequently I might add) and if he didn't like the direction this forum is heading, I am sure he would not post here...

Yes, again.

Jane H. wrote:

Like others have said many of us have made friendships because of this place and the off comment here or there that has brought us together and in turn makes the concert experience better.

Nothing better than seeing Joe with other fans who love him as much as you do!

eva wrote:

I think the reason for a forum is communication between people.

I think that might be in the official handbook of internet terminology of exactly WHAT a forum is!  You nailed it, Eva!

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Sometimes this is the place that some members need to bare their souls in a time of need or crisis. You could go to a shrink or see your favorite bartender or the person who cuts your hair, but the forum has a family atmosphere that money can't buy. Just take what you need and leave the rest. There's something here for everybody and thanks to JB for inviting us in.

Perfect.

gsj wrote:

All human life is here.

Ok, I admit it, this one made me cry it was so true. 

suhl wrote:

no one really posts anything not music related in this forum.

Ok, this one was just plain funny!  YOU are hilarious, suhl!

cathysiler wrote:

As for quirks of various members...that's what you get in a family, and this IS a family.

Hi, sis!

Amsterhammer wrote:

It's also not surprising that I emphasize the unique and sometimes magical way in which this forum has brought some of us together as friends for life, or even more.

how true. 

See?  I didn't even need my own words....I just used everyone else's on this fine forum.

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

Re: The real reason for this website?

Donna I knew something positive would come out of this discussion. It got you to come out of the shadows. Time to put this thread to rest.

Thanks all for making an interesting discussion. I learned that like Joe you all like the place just the way it is.