Topic: Manchester academy 22 sept.

Hi All,

Back home after seeing Joe+Band at the academy on friday and the tribute for my friend Rory G. on saturday.

An awesome show, gave me the shivers a few times and a fullhouse with Bonamassa lovers.My friend Sandra saw J.B for the first time and she was amazed and screamed at me 'this is not normal......'
Some songs played 'Bridge to better days,A new day yesterday,Moutain time,The River etc .
Felt that Joe had a bit af trouble with his voice but i think nobody noticed i feel too much sometimes...The Band is having more interaction and a perfect and stable base for Joe to improvise.

At the encore Joe introduced a girl [think name was Sharon] and she played one song with them.
You did a great job girl wanted to tell you that but as there were 3 handsome youngmen talking to you i do it this way.
Loved to have talked to Joe and Band but couldnot find them[ we waited a while]

At the Rory trib. i talked to many and everybody seem to know Joe and spoke highly about him including the musicians.
Joe is conquering the U.K.!!

So enjoy who's goiing to the rest of the Tour and all the succes and pleasure to Joe,Mark and Bogie!!

Annelies

Re: Manchester academy 22 sept.

I was at manchester academy as well for my first joe show having only been introduced to him a few weeks ago. I was totally blown away and have been raving to everyone about how brilliant the show was. Most of the songs were new to me, but I will now be buying the whole back catalogue. Yes they did play the river - with slide, so good I specifically remember it. I also remember the girl but I think her name is Chantelle McGregor, very cute, great guitar. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that thought the vocals weren't quite up to scratch, but this may have been a sound set up issue rather than joe and it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. I will be back to see joe again at the next opportunity.

Steve

My 3rd live JB show at Manchester on Friday night.
My 3 friends who were Bonapaptised were simply amazed. I had to keep telling them to stop talking about it and listen as 'it gets better'!
Very interesting to see how the live act has progressed in such a short period (18 months).
Better venues, bigger audiences and Joe's ever developing stage presence and amazing musical talents mean that it can only a short time now before he really hits the big time.
Hold on folks. It's going to be one hell of a ride!

BTW, don't know if this is good or bad but Friday was the first time that I'd ever seen ticket touts at a JB gig.

Great to see everybody enjoyed the show. Joe, Bogie and Mark have got to be one of the best bands I've ever seen, and along with their crew, some of the nicest people I've ever met. The songs I played with the band were totally unrehearsed at both the Manchester and Sheffield gigs, and scored 11 out of 10 on the fun factor chart!
To Pidsmith, definately get the whole back catalogue and the DVD's. A New Day Yesterday Live (the DVD) is hard to find, but well worth the effort!
I'll be forever thankful to the guys for letting me jam with them!

Chantel

Hi Chantel,

It was obvious that every one enjoyed your involvement.
Well done and good luck for the future!
Talking of the back catalogue, The Bloodline CD is a must if you can get hold of it. Joe at only 15 years of age - Just imagine all of the youthfull exhuberance blasting out throught the recording. Truely inspirational!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z75BfHdOrE    manchesters gig

Sorry for having you name wrong Chantel, hope playing with Joe is giving you a boost in the right direction.
Are you in a band ??

Jane .i think we have to organise a eurobonamassa-trip for forum members hi hi ....

Annelies...Thanks so much for sharing the youtube for Manchester gig....awesome....bring on the EuroBonamassa tour : )  : )

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

8 (edited by Annelies 2006-09-26 14:33:57)

There is more manchester video on 'youtube' click on the makers name.

2007 gonna be euro-bonamassatourism!

Annelies wrote:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z75BfHdOrE    manchesters gig

Sorry for having you name wrong Chantel, hope playing with Joe is giving you a boost in the right direction.
Are you in a band ??

Jane .i think we have to organise a eurobonamassa-trip for forum members hi hi ....

Annelies, awesome idea! If you look at the previous topic (borderline & Ferry), I was just saying that I'm seriously thinking about 2008 to follow the band through Europe for 10 days or so. But a tour trip with forum members...how cool would that be?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill.....that would be way cool smile:):):):):):):):):)

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

The idea is there so when the times is right we will do some organising and us Euro's can come to the U.S.one day.
Been playing with the though for a while cause i think the gig's places are different then in U.S mostly standing up gigs here and no tables,chairs and food!   we call it 'the clubcircle' eating before or after, listening,dancing and drinking during the show.Tell me if i am wrong and what do you all prefer seated or standing?
Standing for me cause i have to moooooove!

Hi Annelies,

I've joined a band called The King Bz about two months ago, website address: www.thekingbz.co.uk. There's also a myspace site under my name.

The band's name has been changed to "Chantel McGregor and the King Bz"

If you ever get to one of my gigs, please come and say hello.

Chantel

Hallo Annelies and Bill,

Would be very nice to meet some of Joe fans from America overhere in Europe. I think Annelies is right about the different kind of shows in America and Europe. I've seen Joe 8 times the last 2 years and no sitting, no tables, no food etc. just standing, swinging and enjoying the music, see the Rockpalast DVD where I was too during the recording.
Bill it must be very easy to see 10 shows in Europe in a short time because the distances are much shorter than in America. From my hometown Winterswijk you could see Joe 10 times in Holland and Germany within a 4 hours drive, both in 2005 and 2006. Because of my work , I'm a teacher, that was not possible unfortunatly. But when you are overhere on holiday it would be no problem.

Europe is very, very nice so see you and all Bonamassa fans overhere in a few years.

Andre Wittebroek.

Hi,
I also love the idea of meeting other Joe fans during a gig in Holland or somewere close to Holland; germany,england for example.
So If any of you dutch fans thinking of going for a trip abroard (or when he's in holland) to see Joe, let me know and I'll love to come along. Don't have much blues fans around me so it would be great to meet some of you and to see Joe live!! wink  I've only saw him 2 times when he was the opening act of BB.And that was way to short...:(

Marianne we houden de concertagenda maar in de gaten, het wordt plannen met de vrije dagen volgend jaar!

Chantel signed your guestbook!

Doen we zeker wil hem nu een keer langer dan een uurtje zien!
Dus als je wat hoort laat me maar weten. Heb aardig wat daagjes extra over van dit jaar, dus mee naar volgend jaar!! (ben verpleegkundige,dus moet inderdaad wel plannen)

Groetjes

Annelies wrote:

The idea is there so when the times is right we will do some organising and us Euro's can come to the U.S.one day.
Been playing with the though for a while cause i think the gig's places are different then in U.S mostly standing up gigs here and no tables,chairs and food!   we call it 'the clubcircle' eating before or after, listening,dancing and drinking during the show.Tell me if i am wrong and what do you all prefer seated or standing?
Standing for me cause i have to moooooove!

I've done both. Most of the shows I've been to have a combination of seating and standing. Shank Hall has seating (tables) in front with standing behind (maybe 20 feet from stage...oops, I mean 6 meters). Chord on Blues has seating throughout, but lots of people line the stage during the show. I just want to be up front! So, at Shank Hall that means sitting and at COB it means standing. I guess if I needed to choose, I'd say standing.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I would also choose for standing, I just like to move on the music, can't stand still.
And most of the time you see more, the interaction with the other people in the crowd is bigger when you stand next to each other.I think it's more fun this way.