Topic: borderline 21 sept the ferry sept23

Hi just had a superb week flew down to see jb in london with y son and then back up to scotland for the ferry gig in glasgow
borderline was stunning - met joe in a pub and rory gave him a t - shirt we made for the ferry gig -  the ferry was amazing - last time joe came here  in feb it was a last minute gig and only 75 people were there - this time there was over 500 people a testiment to his growing popularity this show was brilliant great music and atmosphere ... plenty pics to come when i have time to sort them out....

Re: borderline 21 sept the ferry sept23

I was also at the Ferry last night- awesome gig!  Also really enjoyed the support from Stone Sole River smile

Looking forward to the pics !

Was also at the Ferry last night. Took the trip down with the wife and stayed overnight. First time I've seen Joe and was blown away. Fantastic gig with a great atmosphere. What a great rapport Joe gets with the audience. Hope he comes back to the Ferry again - and soon.

I was at The Ferry gig as well and can only echo the other comments. First time I've seen him live and was  completely and utterly blown away. Joe's abilities as a guitarist and vocalist are exceptional and he has a great rapport with his audience. Hope it's not too long before he's back. Have to acknowledge Walter Trout for helping to raise Joe's profile. Think I'll head for South Shields.

'Try as you might to keep a lid on a good time, you can't do it. When people want to have a good time....' - Billy Gibbons

Joe who?

That was the question a few months ago when a mate told me I owed him twelve quid for the ticket.  Typically, I was then on the receiving end of a stream of superlatives re this 'awesome talent'....hmmmmm, so far so routine!

The months go by, the gig goes out of my head, then it's Saturday and off to the Ferry in Glasgow and in true Rock n Roll fashion I've done my Back Catalogue research....and...er.. listened to his Zep cover on the Classic Rock freebie!

Now, we've been around the Rock scene for more years than I care to remember.  I can remember some of the monster bands when they were third supports, but I'll tell you this...this boy is an astounding musician and performer!  The complete package, delivered effortlessly and with a great stage presence.  Undoubtedly heading for the stratosphere.

75 at the ferry last time...600 on Saturday....better book the SECC next time!

I've seen the future of blues rock...and it's name is Joe Bonamassa!!

I posted this on another blues site yesterday ..............................

Man, I think I just saw the new guitar legend in the making last night. Joe absolutely brought the house at the Ferry last night, he had the audience right in the palm of his hand from beginning to end. A real showman with a great rapport with the fans..............long live the new King !!!

Mac

mac

Suppose the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about !!!

Well, let me know if you saw me...i was the spiky haired fella sitting at the table in front of the merchandise stand, wearing a Mr T Tshirt smile

What a great night at the Ferry, Joe was awesome a master class in blues/rock. It was good to see the size of the crowd compared to the last time he was here( admittedly it was a last minute change of venue then ) . At the end I managed to meet Joe and the guys and get them to autograph a photo for me , they were more than happy to do so ,that capped off a memorable evening.
Keep on rockin, Joe Bonamassa ( the New Guitar God )

Hey, all I can say is that you people across the big pond have great taste in music. I swear to god that within the next couple years (maybe 2008), I'm gonna take 10 days off work and follow JB around Europe! Never been and I think that would be a great way to see the sights, meet some people and have some fun!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

What can I say?

Joe was fantastic, but then I didn't expect anything else but this mindblowing performance from "The Man". Joe has a really natural approach which held the audience in the palm of his hand from the opening notes of "Takin The Hit" until we emerged from the sauna the Ferry had become into the chill Glasgow air. I had taken my son who,  like me is an amateur guitarist and he couldn't believe his ears instantly declaring  this as the best gig he has ever been to. I also introduced my mate Barkers to this maestro. He too was blown away and has also posted his reaction to JB's excellent set.

This will hopefully be the beginning of a lengthy relationship in which Joe will return again and again to astound the people of Scotland.

PS; The Gigliotti GT that Joe was using has to be the most stunning looking guitar I have seen for many a day. I'm kicking myself for not taking my camera!!!!!!

PPS Bill S if you are coming over to Scotland let me know and Barkers and I will buy you a beer.

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Hi, just signed up and posting my first ever piece on the web. Saw JB at The Ferry on Saturday - absolutely the best! Saw him first at the Feb gig and thought he was brilliant - best gig I'd seen - until Saturday! Went again with my best mate and took my wee boy along - he's 25 and 6'3" but he's still my wee boy. Anyway, beforehand he was very much a fan of american rock music (Matchbox Twenty, Counting Crows, John Mayer, etc) but didn't know much about blues - he knows everything he needs to know now! He volunteered to get in a round of drinks just as Joe donned the acoustic - I can assure you he thanked me for suggesting that he might want to wait - absolutely jawdropping!!! In summary, this gig was even better than February - not least because when The Ferry is packed it has some atmosphere. And the support band (was that Johnny Depp?) were excellent this time. Hurry back Joe - you'd be welcome here every week!

millhouse wrote:

What can I say?

Joe was fantastic, but then I didn't expect anything else but this mindblowing performance from "The Man". Joe has a really natural approach which held the audience in the palm of his hand from the opening notes of "Takin The Hit" until we emerged from the sauna the Ferry had become into the chill Glasgow air. I had taken my son who,  like me is an amateur guitarist and he couldn't believe his ears instantly declaring  this as the best gig he has ever been to. I also introduced my mate Barkers to this maestro. He too was blown away and has also posted his reaction to JB's excellent set.

This will hopefully be the beginning of a lengthy relationship in which Joe will return again and again to astound the people of Scotland.

PS; The Gigliotti GT that Joe was using has to be the most stunning looking guitar I have seen for many a day. I'm kicking myself for not taking my camera!!!!!!

PPS Bill S if you are coming over to Scotland let me know and Barkers and I will buy you a beer.

Millhouse...thanks for the offer. I can't do it in 2007, but I do have my sights set on 2008! I'll make sure to post here when plans are finalized...it'd be fun to meet some of Joe's European fans that frequent this board...y'all sound like fun.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

As I said yesterday Bill you will be made welcome but I only hope that Joe will be coming back before 2008 I don't think we can wait that long!

Once again big thanks to Joe and his band for an excellent gig and I forgot to mention that JB has one helluva singing voice as well as being a guitar virtuoso. big_smile

I was at the Ferry great show - and I recorded it which will of course be free to download
as soon as I get it ready - hopefully this weekend. I will also send a copy to Joe as per
his taping policy.

Andy:  Welcome to the board.  Do you know where you're going to post the show, and can you post a link to the torrent once you do so?  It'd be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your efforts.

Carl

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

16 (edited by gsj 2006-09-28 16:00:17)

Glad you agree.....I recently posted my thoughts on the London Borderline show on the Eric Clapton site and finished with the statement "I've seen the future of the blues and it's called Joe Bonamassa".

Barkers wrote:

Joe who?

That was the question a few months ago when a mate told me I owed him twelve quid for the ticket.  Typically, I was then on the receiving end of a stream of superlatives re this 'awesome talent'....hmmmmm, so far so routine!

The months go by, the gig goes out of my head, then it's Saturday and off to the Ferry in Glasgow and in true Rock n Roll fashion I've done my Back Catalogue research....and...er.. listened to his Zep cover on the Classic Rock freebie!

Now, we've been around the Rock scene for more years than I care to remember.  I can remember some of the monster bands when they were third supports, but I'll tell you this...this boy is an astounding musician and performer!  The complete package, delivered effortlessly and with a great stage presence.  Undoubtedly heading for the stratosphere.

75 at the ferry last time...600 on Saturday....better book the SECC next time!

I've seen the future of blues rock...and it's name is Joe Bonamassa!!

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Andy

I cannae wait for the live recording as it was a crackin gig.

Aw the best M:D