Topic: Europe concert reviews

What the hayyull is goin on?! smile

Re: Europe concert reviews

I hope our German friends are enjoying the tour and will let us know how it's going.  Bueller, Bueller, anyone?

Wow, what a night!

My world of music is not the same anymore since I saw Joe Bonamassa live on stage at the International Blues Festival in Schoeppingen/Germany (visit http://www.kulturring-schoeppingen.de/ for more information) on last saturday. It was kind of a revelation to me, because I saw Joe for the first time. His performance was so powerful, so amazing, so absolutely brilliant. I´ve hardly experienced a guitar player with such passion for music, such virtuosity and such a large variety of style.
Unfortunately I can´t name the songs I liked best, because I don´t have one of his albums by now - but this will change very briefly.
Joe shared line-up with legendary Johnny Winter in Schoeppingen - and certainly most of the visitors felt like the reporter of the local newspaper, who wrote in his article: "They came to see Johnny Winter, but they left as fans of Joe Bonamassa."
There is nothing more to say.

Greetings from "good old germany",

zahle

4 (edited by Lui 2006-08-28 09:10:49)

I saw Joe yesterday at the Zeche in Bochum! It's been SO cool, the band rocked. We had trouble finding the way so we came in just as they started. the first song I could really hear (had to push through the crowd) was taking the hit. I had hoped he would play that, spoonful and mountain time, and they did smile Its not in the right order, but he also played:
Bridge to better days
Had to cry today (great!)
Miss you, hate you
Woke up dreaming
Django
Palm trees etc
a new day yesterday
walk in my shadow
so many roads
and a new song, i think i didnt know, that sounded cool... hope i didnt miss anything...
The audience was younger than the last time i saw him.
By the way, I was determined to go in front of the stage this time, and i came pretty far, and suddenly there were less people - i was surprised for it had been pretty crowded and it took me some time to get there and suddenly a new song started and i nearly jumped into someones arms smile for i was standing right in front of the box... there actually was a cold breeze, as my father had told me.

Joe got himself some new fans yesterday, we can't wait for him to play here again!

Peace and Love,
Lui

oh, and i got myself a you and me tshirt -  i already had people asking me whos on it

Peace and Love!

Dear Dude and Zahle und all Joe fans,

I was in Schoppingen too and it was brilliant again. I saw Joe for the eight time live and this was one of the best shows. The audience was wonderful and liked him very much. I saw the new band  for the third time this year and it looks like the pieces are falling together now. They played as tight as with Eric and kenny. It's back on  the old level again with the wonderful new songs.
Joe played a long acoustic set and he played the older songs totally new, very surprising and welcome.
The band is growing very fast!! Thanks for the wonderful show.
Joe I think I heard some problems with the high notes because of a sore throat, but you just did the job wonderful Respect, respect!
Some people on this forum said some weeks ago that you didn't do what you have to do on and after the show: I KNOW BETTER. YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST AS A MUSICIAN AND A HUMAN BEING!!

Johnny Winter was good too, Johnny Winter Live was one of the first blues/rockalbums I bought 35 years ago and now I saw him live for the first time. A LEGEND just like joe will be in 35 years!

On www.blende-64.de you see really brilliant pictures from Joe and Jonnny at the 2006 bluesfetival in Schoeppingen Germany!

Andre wittebroek Holland.

Good to hear you had a grand time Lui!!

Bedankt voor de link andre! Goede foto's!

You got some great shots there, Andre. That's probably what Annelies said. smile

Thanks Andre, Lui, and Zahle for your replies.  It sounds like lots of fun.  Great to see some fans from the Netherlands made it to Germany for the show, too!

excellent photos and reviews....it's nice to see that Johnny Winter is still alive and playing - even if in a chair.
KV

Annelies wrote:

Bedankt voor de link andre! Goede foto's!

I think I agree too!  The pictures of Joe and Johnny are very good.  A ton of photos at that.  Glad the show went great...  Looks like a nice crowd there.

Music is good for the Soul...

Ha Ha.....David+David A.your both language experts!!

Hello Andre, I'm J Dawg over in California and I just read your post about your first Johnny Winter album. If you're referring to Johnny Winter Captured Live, I was at the show that day. It was one of Bill Graham's Day On The Green concert series held at the outdoor Oakland Coliseum where the Oakland A's & the Raiders play. The line-up that day was Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, and headlined by Lynyrd Skynyrd, who I just saw last Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. The memorable part of the show was teenaged Floyd Radford on guitar with Johnny, shades of Joe's career. Glad to hear a good time was had in Germany.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Hey Andre,  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.  Made me wish that I was there.  It must have been one heck of a show......Joe,Mark, and Bogie looked like they were really into it.....be cool   Patty  P.S.  Wish I could have heard Johnny, too. Brings back old memories.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi Andre, Lui, and Zahle! Thanks Andre for the great photos.

ROCK N' ROLL, HOOCHIE KOO - Cheers Europe

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

speaking of johnny winter...he toued through oregon this summer...rockin' ronnie and i caught him...he still has it and we just saw edgar winter with rick derringer in salem oregon last weekend....great show

oh what a concert yesterday in paris!
do you know when Bonamassa will play again in our town???
it was @#$%^^&# great