Topic: Jacksonville!!!

Hi everyone... I'm new to the forum -- have been lurking for a while, but didn't join until today. 

I wanted to let everyone know that Joe is performing at the Florida Theatre in Jacksonville on Friday, Feb. 9th.  Tickets went on sale today through Ticketmaster.  This is a seated venue, so will be different for us, since we've only seen him at gen. adm. venues (Decatur, GA, Dallas, TX and Austin, TX), but I know it will be great!  I didn't see this show on the tour list, but have a friend in the area who happened to hear it on the radio, so wanted to post to let everyone know about it.

We were so blown away the first time we saw Joe in June in Decatur.  His CDs are great, but to see him live is mind boggling! 

Look forward to sharing posts with you all and hopefully meeting some of you at upcoming shows!

Kathy

Re: Jacksonville!!!

Kathy B, welcome to the best forum around. Glad you came out of the shadows and joined.
There's lots of great fans here, we're sorta like one big family...occasionally dysfunctional though.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Greetings KathyB.......Wish I lived close enough to snag some tickets for that show.  Have seen Joe once and that was not enough for my soul.....he'll find his way back to Iowa one of these days..........I was in Jacksonville many summers back.....it was fun dipping into the ocean....have fun on the forum!

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

FYI, Patty, Joe is scheduled to headline at the Surf on November 19th.  So one of these days may be coming sooner than you think.  http://www.surfballroom.com/

Wooo-hooo you just made me let out a big hoot and holler................was just hanging up my You and Me t-shirt from the laundry......there is dancin' around this room......thanks so much for the news....my prayers have been answered....I knew, that Joe knows that Iowa LUVS him.......don't know if the crew is ready for me to be pestering them again after the show.......I was way excited after the last show..........I will round up old fans, new fans.....I will clean Joe's bus for a hug!  Woooo-hooooo!!!!!!!!!  If you were here "the dude" I'd give you a big hug !!!  .....cartwheeling around the house.......:) smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I think we have another cheerleader in the house!!!

And welcome KathyB!!

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Wooo-hooo you just made me let out a big hoot and holler................was just hanging up my You and Me t-shirt from the laundry......there is dancin' around this room......thanks so much for the news....my prayers have been answered....I knew, that Joe knows that Iowa LUVS him.......don't know if the crew is ready for me to be pestering them again after the show.......I was way excited after the last show..........I will round up old fans, new fans.....I will clean Joe's bus for a hug!  Woooo-hooooo!!!!!!!!!  If you were here "the dude" I'd give you a big hug !!!  .....cartwheeling around the house.......:) smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

...sometimes in life you just have to grab it by the tail and go for the gusto.........:)

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome!! 

Patty -- I am so glad there is a show coming up that is close to you!

By the way, wanted to share some info for anyone who wants to buy tix for Jacksonville:  for some reason, if you purchase tickets online through ticketmaster, the "best available" tickets that come up are Orchestra, Section 200, which is the section located on the right as you face the stage.  Orchestra, Section 300 is on Joe's side of the stage but this section does not come up online.

If you call Ticketmaster and hold for a ticket agent (I had to hold about 10 minutes), you can ask for best available tickets in Orchestra Section 300, and get some great seats!  We've decided to take my son along to this show .  As of just a few minutes ago, there were seats available on Row B (second row)! 

I have no idea why the online "best available" are really not the "best available," but I felt it was worth the telephone hold time!

Kathy

Way to score, KathyB smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Bowing to the ticket QUEEN!!! 

Kathy girl you ROCK and so glad to hear about the score!!- It will be a rockin goodtime.  Think Jacksonville will be our first 2007 concert - hopefully the first of many more for '07.   Welcome to the forum as well - I haven't posted much either but hope to get the links for pics from our Dallas show up soon.  Hugs and sure we will be talking to ya - Stacey

As far as Ticketmaster-I think the next book in the "Dummies" series should be Ticketmaster For Dummies.  I have found that the best approach is to have at least 2 people working it, one on the computer and a cell phone and one on a land line phone...Many times in my area Ticketmaster hasn't come online at exactly the designated time, so I always call for tickets as backup...The ideal situation is to have your choice of the best seats to choose from. The person on the phone is usually patient enough to let you see what tickets are better, I'd say I'm 50-50, with getting tickets online vs. the tele.  Sometimes joining fan clubs guarantee the better seats, however sometimes the ticket agencies still get the best seats and charge 2-3 times the ticket price. It can be a frustrating experience for the high demand tickets.  Glad it worked out for you KathyB and you're right, best available isn't always the best available.

KathyB wrote:

Hi everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome!! 

Patty -- I am so glad there is a show coming up that is close to you!

By the way, wanted to share some info for anyone who wants to buy tix for Jacksonville:  for some reason, if you purchase tickets online through ticketmaster, the "best available" tickets that come up are Orchestra, Section 200, which is the section located on the right as you face the stage.  Orchestra, Section 300 is on Joe's side of the stage but this section does not come up online.

If you call Ticketmaster and hold for a ticket agent (I had to hold about 10 minutes), you can ask for best available tickets in Orchestra Section 300, and get some great seats!  We've decided to take my son along to this show .  As of just a few minutes ago, there were seats available on Row B (second row)! 

I have no idea why the online "best available" are really not the "best available," but I felt it was worth the telephone hold time!

Kathy

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/