Topic: Zeche Bochum Show

My truly loved Bonabuddies,

we (Geko and I) feel very sorrow to say that it was the same as the other ones;

BRILLIANT AGAIN!!!!

We HAD A BLAST!

I know you all most get bored with my reviews it's very much the same each time, but it was
BRILLIANT, WUNDERBAR, GEWELDIG, EXTRAORDINAIRY.

The whole evening was top. We met Joe , Rick, Carmine, Bogie, Dave and manager Wiseman in the bus before the show, were at the soundcheck, saw a SUPERSHOW and met them after the show again.
They had a very nice present for me a great poster signed with lovely messages from the band , for the wine and CD's/DVD's.

The Zeche was sold out and a superatmosphere. The band enjoyed themselves very much and had a lot of fun on stage.

My dear German friend EVA said Munich was the best, sorry Fraulein. This was even better!!!!

I heard from Carmine they return to Europe in November/December too.

Made a lot of pictures again, geko too so I'll contact Ramonster again for putting the best on the forum.

Met some very nice Dutch fans too Mila and Danny from nijmegen and they were friend from carmine and we had a great time together!

Geko promised me to do our review but I'm so full of everything: I had to tell a bit myself!!

he was so happy tonight, he will tell you tomorrow.

And to end and then to bed:

Eva I agree completely: Best Bluesband nowadays:

JOE, CARMINE, RiCh and BOGIE.

Best crew: DAVE,AARON .

Best managers WISEMAN  of course JAY.
Jay thanks for your nice emails and till next time! 

Have a good sleep on the bus tonight and travel safe and all enjoy your holidays after the tour, only 3 to go now.

I really enjoyed meeting, seeing, talking, listening. drinking with you all.

YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL HUMAN BEINGS AND I LOVE YOU ALL.
Will never forget.

Thanks Andre Wittebroek.

P.S.
Hope Geko doesn't say something toally different.................

Re: Zeche Bochum Show

We couldn't have expected anything else!!

I'm so happy for you both and overjoyed at the news that we'll get another chance here at the end of the year. Either all of us here are stark raving mad, or we really are some of the chosen few to realize what an astonishing act Joe and the boys truly are.

On the one hand, I'd like the world to know, but on the other hand I want to keep it 'our' secret so that we can continue to enjoy Joe in these small venues.

We'll talk tomorrow Andre, I'm sure you'll fall asleep with a smile on your face!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Andre..Glad to hear you didn't have to sleep in the car again. Don't ever change. I can't begin to tell you how alive and happy your review makes me. I'm sure you had a great time with Joe and the boys! Hope your head doesn't hurt too much in the morning. SSshhh...Cathy

4 (edited by Libby 2008-03-29 17:50:26)

Amsterhammer wrote:

Either all of us here are stark raving mad, or we really are some of the chosen few to realize what an astonishing act Joe and the boys truly are.

On the one hand, I'd like the world to know, but on the other hand I want to keep it 'our' secret so that we can continue to enjoy Joe in these small venues.

Oh George - we must have a DIRECT psychic connection.  Those are my EXACT THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS!!!  My greatest hope - incredible success for Joe, Carmine, Rick and Bogie.......  My biggest fear - that OUR time with them at these more intimate venues will just become a very fond, but distant memory.

Meanwhile, while they are here, LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Andre - you had me laughing out loud and grinning from ear to ear!!!  Your excitement is VERY CONTAGIOUS - drifting across the ocean and at least one continent - straight to my heart!  Woooooooooohooooooo!  What a great time you had and what a great review you wrote.  Thank you SO MUCH for sharing so enthusiastically!!!

Lastly, thanks be to Joe, Carmine, Rick, Bogie, Dave, Aaron, Jay, and Mr. Wiseman for taking such good care of and giving such special attention to our beloved friend Andre!!!!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Hi Andre.

thx for last night!! We had a blast right??!!
I will look forward to your pictures!!

Love,
Mila.

Hi Andre,

So glad you had a blast!!! together with Geko and you met Milo and Danny too.
In my thoughts i was there with you all. Looking forward to your photo's.
And a special present you must be so happy......!!!!

Annelies

Libby wrote:

Oh George - we must have a DIRECT psychic connection.  Those are my EXACT THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS!!! 

smile  Libby  smile

There's a truly remarkable amount of that kind of stuff going on in this forum. roll roll

And it's not even surprising any more.

RIP Iron Man

8 (edited by Geko 2008-03-29 17:44:33)

Hi Guys
i cant repeat all ,but it was so spezial, that .....   i cant belive it today !!!!! big_smile
i arrived at 16.30 pm and there was no one only the tour bus
so i have drive in the town to buy a white pen ....(what a good idea You see later wink )
then i drove back to the parking deck in front of the Bulding there was Andre Wittebroek standing
a second later Jay the tone tech was coming arround the corner ,and Andre was knowing him bevore i think, and he said Joe is still in the Bus And we went together to the Tourbus
( Joe`s Europeian model)
the door was open and Andre said hi Joe and he sayed come in and we steped in the tour bus
it was a relax atmosphere and we set down  Rick was sitting on the Pc and has  show me the Pic`s From Moskau and we talked a while Andre has Given Joe
some spezial Cds   DVD´s and some spezial wine from his collektion
i have give Joe a DVD from Amsterdam with scott mckeon
Asking arround for you Spezialy fimed by Me:)
then i have brought the Tab book and my guitar strap from the car.
and Joe has singn it with the white Pen and (the guitar strap is black lether) and the white lettering
Looks spezial cool i make some pics and bring them up in the internet
the signatur of Joe is a kind of art too It Looks Killer
ok so we talked a little bit (more andre then me because my english is so terrrrrreble i thought better dont say to mutch ....lol big_smile
then Jay has come back and sayed to  Joe :  soundcheck and Andre ask Jay if we could
come in and he said yes its no problem
so we went in and Joe and the band was arranging last
equipent konektions of Microphone
and then Joe and Bogie has start some Freestyle warm up
But i only can say when the guys only touch the instruments
this empty hall was full of live
i have stand in the mittle of the hall and Joe was playing
and i thought a second thats unreal
it was mind blowing spezial !!!!!!! i was standing there and  he has played the twelvestring and then he came down the stairs of the stage to check the sound by him self
Andre was coming to me and sayed
look now you have a privat Joe show
i sayed unbeliveble with eyes and ears wide open
then they called Carmine and Rick to the stage by microphone
and they arrived
Then they warmed up a little bit together and the first People were coming in
(sold out you know ) in germany we say Picke Packe Voll (for Eva and Issy) wink
the setlist i dont know but the only thing i remember when Dont burn that bridge down has begin i must to go to toilet becouse the beer. and it was a real race to get trough all the people and then back to the place bevore the song ends
anyway
the show was Great and we had mutch to laugh with the guys
at the end Joe was gone but the curtains was still open and i sayed look Andre there is a pic lying on the stage a red over there but his arm was to short and the stage
little to high so i helped him and lift him a little up
then he sayed look Geko there is another one and we have took
them one i have here right bevor me now and one has Andre
and indeed Joe Bonamassa is on the back of the pic!!!!!
then the curtains closed and i sayed where we go
in the same moment the curtains open a little and Dave
sayed come up the stage and we scramble up the stage
we went Backstage in a little room there we had a drink and some sweets
there we talked a while all together and bogie brought a
drummerDirk is his name with him and we took some fotos all
together and then we went slowley out and back to our cars and Joe and crew was Driving to Berlin
and i have Andre sayed how mutch i enyoied this evening

and at this point i like to say from the bottom of my hart it was a great  plesure to meet you !!!

and i like to thank Andre ,Joe ,Bogie,Rick,and Carmine, Dave, Aron,Jay and Mr . Wiseman
Thank you all so mutch for this experience
it was a unforgetteble night

i hope you had a good Travel to berlin 
ok that was a glimps of my show review
i hope you forum member´s  enjoy it

greetz Geko wink

Ps : i hope we see the guys soon in Europe
and More of those  brilliant american musicans

Well Geko,

I must say that your English is SUPERB and much of what you had to communicate transcends language anyway, doesn't it?  What a joy it is for me to imagine the two of you whooping it up with the guys.  Honestly, my heart is full!!!!!  Great story, great review, great YOU, GREAT FRIEND AND ANGEL Andre, GREAT Joe and ALL the boys!!!!!  You may need someone to come in to your house in a few days and peel you off the ceiling!  I hope you know what that means!!!  Just that you'll still be afloat with the wonder and joy and excitement of what I imagine was one of THE BEST NIGHTS OF YOUR LIFE!!!!  Right?  Right.

Thanks for sharing!!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

I'm super glad you got to "hang" with the fellas.  Kinda intensifies the high, on one hand and drives home how much work it takes to present magic, on the other hand.

goodJob
bigJeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Geko..You worked really hard to make sure we got to share your night and you did a stellar job. So from the heart and full of energy. I am so glad you and Andre had your adventure together. Sounds like a perfect night. Thank you for this!    Cathy

12 (edited by Marianne 2008-03-30 07:21:06)

You guys had a lot of fun. Soooooooooooooo jealouse... wink
No just kiddin' great that you had such a fantastic time my friends.
Hope that when they will return in Europe later this year that they will visit our little country again.Or else we'll just have to get a plane to the Uk.
Can't wait for those pics Andre. What kind of wine was is that you brought the other show.Bring me a bottle next time tongue
Greetz marianne

Nice review Geko, sounds like you guys had a very special evening!  Your english is very good too...

Music is good for the Soul...

Andre has asked me to post these couple of shots of 'the' poster on his behalf. I could make a smart **** comment like 'he couldn't do it himself as he's busy trying to reply to an email' but I wouldn't do such a thing to a friend. big_smile

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5630/dscf0337oa6.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8116/dscf0342is1.jpg

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:

Andre has asked me to post these couple of shots of 'the' poster on his behalf. I could make a smart **** comment like 'he couldn't do it himself as he's busy trying to reply to an email' but I wouldn't do such a thing to a friend. big_smile

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5630/dscf0337oa6.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8116/dscf0342is1.jpg

Very cool....

Music is good for the Soul...

Hi Andre and Geko. Sounds like you had the most brilliant time. Thanks for your reviews. Geko, don't worry about your English - you managed to communicate perfectly well your experiences and feelings. I'm very happy for you.
Andre, that poster is really cool, I'm very jealous. A treasured piece of memorabilia now I'm certain,

Love to you all

Tripsy  smile

Thank you all  very much for your wonderful reactions!

Geko you did a great job and I agree completely of course, it was fantastic.

Marianne, next time I bring you and Annelies a bottle, I promise and I tell you where to get them o.k?

Thanks again my friends!

Andre Wittebroek.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for both of your reviews - sounds like you did have the time of your lives, hm?! smile
The guys are just the best, there´s nothing more to say ...

Andre, I had to laugh out loud when I saw that box filled with wine bottles standing in the bus - I thought you´d brought them A BOTTLE of wine, but no, you brought a whole box!! lol
But of course that was very wise of you, as not everyone is drunk after one glas like me .... smile 

Sure hope to meet you two guys again soon!!

Eva