1 (edited by Sune Andersson 2008-03-12 23:03:23)

Topic: Sune Andersson from Sweden says "Hej" to everyone!

Hi everyone!

I've already posted a few topics but I feel it is not right not trying to presentate myself to you.
46 years old living in Lund, a punk singer in my youth and a not too good guitar player.
Not even interested in Blues music until a year ago, so I don't really no very much about blues or blues rock. But my 11-year old son started to play guitar 1 and a half year ago (and he IS a tallent) so I had to present some guitar heroes for him to copy.

But it didn´t feel right to point out Hendrix, Page, Clapton, Vaughan, Slash and more to a kid of his age (which I off course did) as they were either dead or former/active alcoholics. I guess these words sounds a bit disrespectful, but that´s not my meaning. In fact I love their music all of them, but to a son, a young one you want to find better people to look up to. And I finally did, at least I think so... Joe Bonamassa.

Me and my son saw the Malmoe AND Copenhagen shows and now are we trying to figure out how to raise enough money to go to Royal Albert Hall next year in April...

I have joined up in the Street Team, but I´m not sure of what I can be at your service with.
Good painter, graphic designer, talking HTML, Photoshop & Illustrator fluently. Do you need any help making posters to sell at the gigs? Maybe I can help you out with this?

Finally... is there many Swedes here? Street Team members... does it have a Scandinavian Branch?

Feels good to have found you all!

Re: Sune Andersson from Sweden says "Hej" to everyone!

You nailed it Sune. Joe is a musician to respect. A very good role model. Your son must have a blues heart like Joe. I am always thrilled to hear about young players. Tell him there are others  his age who come to this forum, so he is not out there all alone. Hope to meet you both at the RAH next year!!  Cathy

Sune Andersson wrote:

Hi everyone!

I've already posted a few topics but I feel it is not right not trying to presentate myself to you.
46 years old living in Lund, a punk singer in my youth and a not too good guitar player.
Not even interested in Blues music until a year ago, so I don't really no very much about blues or blues rock. But my 11-year old son started to play guitar 1 and a half year ago (and he IS a tallent) so I had to present some guitar heroes for him to copy.

But it didn´t feel right to point out Hendrix, Page, Clapton, Vaughan, Slash and more to a kid of his age (which I off course did) as they were either dead or former/active alcoholics. I guess these words sounds a bit disrespectful, but that´s not my meaning. In fact I love their music all of them, but to a son, a young one you want to find better people to look up to. And I finally did, at least I think so... Joe Bonamassa.

Me and my son saw the Malmoe AND Copenhagen shows and now are we trying to figure out how to raise enough money to go to Royal Albert Hall next year in April...

I have joined up in the Street Team, but I´m not sure of what I can be at your service with.
Good painter, graphic designer, talking HTML, Photoshop & Illustrator fluently. Do you need any help making posters to sell at the gigs? Maybe I can help you out with this?

Finally... is there many Swedes here? Street Team members... does it have a Scandinavian Branch?

Feels good to have found you all!

good To see you're trying to give the blues to the next generation!
The best thing is that you do it in the same country as i live in! smile

So yeah. here's a sweede. Im on in the street team tough.
You can read my introduction "hey everybody:)" on the introduction page.

Another Swede here aswell!
I was at the Malmo show this year and last, though not on the copenhagen one, t'was tempting but short on dough smile

I started playing when I was 11, now im 14. I don't think it's gonna be any problems introducing Hendrix Or SRV to him, those where my two first idols, and it sure hasn't screwed me up. At 11 your not that small, so I'm sure your son will be fine !

Hi Sune smile

Great to have you here and your son couldn't do better than Joe as a guitarist role-model.

I know what you mean about finding someone younger and more current. It's even nice at 50 to find someone who isn't either dead or has stopped touring!

All the best to you and your son on his guitar playing/learning journey smile

Cheshire_Lass/Libby smile  (Bonabaptised: 22 Feb '08)

If I'm alive when I'm 99 I'm still gonna be saying, "Remember 4th May 2009 when we saw Joe at the RAH... what a night that was!"

Welcome to the Forum Sune!

Sorry I'm a little late - I've been away!  Anyway, do enjoy your time here with us.  You'll find us to be a warm and friendly bunch!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Välkomnande till Starship Bonamassa Sune , du har grunda en stor roll modell till deras son

Hope this is passable Swedish Sune. Welcome aboard.

millhouse

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Thank you everyone for your kind words. And I especially like the effort Millhouse showed in translating his message into Swedish. I love those translation pages on the web. Yes it is fully understandable but it sounds like Yoda from Star Wars.

"Välkomnande till Starship Bonamassa Sune , du har grunda en stor roll modell till deras son" makes...

Welcoming to Starship Bonamassa Sune, you have ground a big rolepart model to your (in plural!) son

you understand it but hey it´s so funny! smile

Sune Andersson wrote:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. And I especially like the effort Millhouse showed in translating his message into Swedish. I love those translation pages on the web. Yes it is fully understandable but it sounds like Yoda from Star Wars.

"Välkomnande till Starship Bonamassa Sune , du har grunda en stor roll modell till deras son" makes...

Welcoming to Starship Bonamassa Sune, you have ground a big rolepart model to your (in plural!) son

you understand it but hey it´s so funny! smile

big_smile:D:D:D
It was a first attempt so please excuse my clumsiness. Like it you will, the force is strong in you   

Yodamillhouse big_smile:D:D

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

A very warm welcome from me too Sune!

Enjoy your stay and keep on posting.

Andre Wittebroek.