Re: Hey everybody! :)

Simon, am I right in thinking that you're 14. If so how can you have a 'back then' to look back on? smile Also, seems like you have an old head on young shoulders. Keep on posting.

Geoff

Simon94 wrote:

Oh yeah and by the way, I used to listen to john Fogerty, back then I thought he was an GREAT guitar player. I still like his music but his guitar playing isnt really that good now that Im used to really good players like Joe.

Anyway I have seen john fogerty before in sweden and will probably see him again in like 2 months just cause hes a great song writer and singer.

And when I was listening to some songs (like tombstone shadow, modern and old CCR version) a few days ago I realized that Fogerty isnt very good at all compared to SRV, Joe, and many other guys.

Ive also noticeing that Chuck Barry can play like 7 licks when he solos, thats it.

not trying to say that these Musicians are bad musician, its just that I used to thing they were really good and now i realise that these blues guys are so much better (I think)

well yeah..thats it

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Welcome master simon, hope you enjoy the forum.......

hello simon94..welcome,   hope your tour goes well for you, will you be in england?

who draws the crowd n plays so loud    jb he,s the guitar man.

shad176 wrote:

hello simon94..welcome,   hope your tour goes well for you, will you be in england?

I hope we can get invited to the Shadow mania when we play at the Cliff And the Shadows meeting on holland.

But those places that are booked for sure is:

Holland - tillburg (4-5 april i think)
Finland- Two citys, can't remeber the names.
France - cant remember that name neither.

You can check our website if you like!
But its mostly in sweden but on the navigator theres an english flag, click it and you get the "about the band" in english!:)

gsj wrote:

Simon, am I right in thinking that you're 14. If so how can you have a 'back then' to look back on? smile Also, seems like you have an old head on young shoulders. Keep on posting.

I have no idea. Guess Im trying to sound old by saying stuffs like that hehe.

I sure will keep posting! smile

Welcome Simon!!  I'm beginning to think that there is a big blues trend among the younger generation in Sweeden, this is great!  Simon, I'm curious, is rap music and hip-hop popular in Sweeden?  And what kind of music do your parents listen to?  Good luck with your guitar playing!! smile

Sidenote....Lawrence Welk is on the radar...Anyone making fun of him is going to have Rocket to contend with, consider forewarned...:D  Also, George, yesterday while you were making your post, fans were honoring Lawrence Welk's birthday, you may get struck by lightning today...kidding...and Lawrence Welk's granddaughter lives in NJ...my hubby met her last week(work related) and she is most kind and offered to send something from the Lawrence Welk foundation to his parents, long-time fans of Welk.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

25 (edited by Simon94 2008-03-12 11:55:23)

Angela wrote:

Welcome Simon!!  I'm beginning to think that there is a big blues trend among the younger generation in Sweeden, this is great!  Simon, I'm curious, is rap music and hip-hop popular in Sweeden?  And what kind of music do your parents listen to?  Good luck with your guitar playing!! smile

Hip Hop and rap is a very popular music style up here.
But I never listens to it, not my thing you know wink

Where I live theres like no blues players in my age, Im quite sure about that. But In other towns there might be some young people with taste! Who knows? I really hope there is.
Blues is quite big for the people around 40-60 I think.
There is a place you can go to in stockholm where you just say "I wanna jam" and then you wait and listens to other people who have asked the same thing and then its your turn.
Its like Blues and Jazz only, I have never been there but I sure want to go there sometime!:)

My mum isnt very music intrested, she listen to whats on the radio.

My dads favorite band is Supertramp. But when he was "young" he listend to Hepstars. he was born 1956. he also likes the guys I listens to - SRV, Joe bonamassa, john fogerty and so on.

My friends listens to like Punk (clash, sex pistols and lots of swedish punk bands from 70's-80's.)

And some of my friends listens to "emo" music.
Never really liked that stuff, guess its cuz the guitar players in both "emo" and punk is rarley good and almost never solos.

And that just about raps it up...:D

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

27 (edited by Angela 2008-03-12 13:28:15)

Simon- cool info, I like hearing about what goes on in other parts of the world.  You're dad and I have a few things in common...one being we were born in the same year.  Whenever I think about Supertramp, I just have to sing...Take A Look At My Girlfriend...She's the Only One I Got...I hope he sings that to your mom...:lol:  My 15 year old daughter's best friend since grade school is half Swedish, her dad moved to the states from Sweden about 25 years ago...he has a great accent.  He is a very good skier and just took a crew of girls skiing up in Vermont to celebrate his daughter turning 16...he came home with a severe migraine headache...he's the closest thing to a saint in my book... big_smile He was born pretty close to Stockholm, within an hour, I forget the town...Don't mind me, I'm just curious...do you have blonde hair and do most Swedes have blonde hair?

Angela wrote:

Simon- cool info, I like hearing about what goes on in other parts of the world.  You're dad and I have a few things in common...one being we were born in the same year.  Whenever I think about Supertramp, I just have to sing...Take A Look At My Girlfriend...She's the Only One I Got...I hope he sings that to your mom...:lol:  My 15 year old daughter's best friend since grade school is half Swedish, her dad moved to the states from Sweden about 25 years ago...he has a great accent.  He is a very good skier and just took a crew of girls skiing up in Vermont to celebrate his daughter turning 16...he came home with a severe migraine headache...he's the closest thing to a saint in my book... D: He was born pretty close to Stockholm, within an hour, I forget the town...Don't mind me, I'm just curious...do you have blonde hair and do most Swedes have blonde hair?

Haha!
To bad my dad cant sing, otherwise I'd love to hear him sing that line over and over again hehe.

Some people in my class likes this "remixed" version of Breakfast in america, Its so bad that I dont want to talk about it anymore:D

I also like to know stuffs about other countrys. And Ive also noticed that many blues people are born in Missisipi. I recently saw a guy on youtube named Conrad. He's born 1994 (just like me) and guess where he is born? hehe.

Lots of people round here does have blonde hair, but i dont. sorry:(

You can check my band site http://www.thevintage.se/html/vintageband_eng.htm and theres a picture of me there. Some people say i look like a hippie hehe.

Simon94 wrote:

Hip Hop and rap is a very popular music style up here.
But I never listens to it, not my thing you know wink

cool You're a boy after my own heart, Simon! cool

Keep up the good work. big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

cool You're a boy after my own heart, Simon! cool

Keep up the good work. big_smile

Haha thanks! i sure will! big_smile:D:D:D:D

Hiya Simon & welcome!

Great to have young guitarists & Joe fans on the site big_smile

And you've got brilliant taste! Not to mention amazing English skills, I don't know one single word of Swedish sad

All the best with your CDs and band/tour... how exciting!

Have you heard of guitarists like Steve Howe (Yes) and Steve Hackett (ex-Genesis)? Both utterly brilliant guitarists.

Rock on!! big_smile:D:D

Cheshire_Lass/Libby smile  (Bonabaptised: 22 Feb '08)

If I'm alive when I'm 99 I'm still gonna be saying, "Remember 4th May 2009 when we saw Joe at the RAH... what a night that was!"

Hey simon,
You are such a good sport about answering ALL my questions, that I'm going to ask you a couple more.   big_smile
Your English is very good, did you study English in school? How old were you when you learned to speak English?  Do you ski and how old were you when you learned?

Now about some of your comments and interest in learning about the blues.  You may want to rent this DVD from the library if its available, since it is kind of expensive.  Joe recently mentioned on his radio show that they watch DVD's alot and concert performances....this is a documentary of the blues with performances by artists & there is a series of CD's that feature blues artists.  One artist Joe highlighted was Corey Harris.

http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Scorsese-P … amp;sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Scorsese-P … im_m_img_2   cursor down and you'll see books that you can check out at your local bookstore/library...the one on the right, Deep Blues, I purchased after I read an article whereby Derek Trucks recommended it for learning about the blues.  Also, check out B.B. King's autobiography.

I checked out your site, its nice & your hair is way too short to look like a hippie! I don't know who the guy Conrad is you saw on you tube, but I have 4 brothers and 1 of them is named Conrad. Keep rockin' the blues Simon! smile

Simon94 wrote:
Angela wrote:

Simon- cool info, I like hearing about what goes on in other parts of the world.  You're dad and I have a few things in common...one being we were born in the same year.  Whenever I think about Supertramp, I just have to sing...Take A Look At My Girlfriend...She's the Only One I Got...I hope he sings that to your mom...:lol:  My 15 year old daughter's best friend since grade school is half Swedish, her dad moved to the states from Sweden about 25 years ago...he has a great accent.  He is a very good skier and just took a crew of girls skiing up in Vermont to celebrate his daughter turning 16...he came home with a severe migraine headache...he's the closest thing to a saint in my book... D: He was born pretty close to Stockholm, within an hour, I forget the town...Don't mind me, I'm just curious...do you have blonde hair and do most Swedes have blonde hair?

Haha!
To bad my dad cant sing, otherwise I'd love to hear him sing that line over and over again hehe.

Some people in my class likes this "remixed" version of Breakfast in america, Its so bad that I dont want to talk about it anymore:D

I also like to know stuffs about other countrys. And Ive also noticed that many blues people are born in Missisipi. I recently saw a guy on youtube named Conrad. He's born 1994 (just like me) and guess where he is born? hehe.

Lots of people round here does have blonde hair, but i dont. sorry:(

You can check my band site http://www.thevintage.se/html/vintageband_eng.htm and theres a picture of me there. Some people say i look like a hippie hehe.

33 (edited by Simon94 2008-03-20 01:44:35)

Haha it's cool! I love questions big_smile

I learned english when I was like 6 years old and started playing video games.
(I dont play video games now though, only a little) You know there is almost english talking people only so you find these words and you wanna learn it! It also comes from movies. But when thats the only way to learn, it goes REALLY slow. But when you get like 8 years old you start learning english in school and olé! Now im this good hehe.
I ski, we went on a school trip yesterday and we skied. I usally ski with my family once every year. I think I learned to ski when i was 6-7, thats when my parents first took me and my twin sis up to ski in northern sweden.

I sure will check out those books. My older brother (tim, Check out the site) used to be alot into blues, now he listens to guys like Scofield and studys Jazz. he do listens to blues too so Im sure he would like to spilt the costs of the books with me (unless i borrow it).

Thanks for the advise!! big_smile

// Simon

Angela wrote:

Hey simon,
You are such a good sport about answering ALL my questions, that I'm going to ask you a couple more.   big_smile
Your English is very good, did you study English in school? How old were you when you learned to speak English?  Do you ski and how old were you when you learned?

Now about some of your comments and interest in learning about the blues.  You may want to rent this DVD from the library if its available, since it is kind of expensive.  Joe recently mentioned on his radio show that they watch DVD's alot and concert performances....this is a documentary of the blues with performances by artists & there is a series of CD's that feature blues artists.  One artist Joe highlighted was Corey Harris.

http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Scorsese-P … amp;sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Scorsese-P … im_m_img_2   cursor down and you'll see books that you can check out at your local bookstore/library...the one on the right, Deep Blues, I purchased after I read an article whereby Derek Trucks recommended it for learning about the blues.  Also, check out B.B. King's autobiography.

I checked out your site, its nice & your hair is way too short to look like a hippie! I don't know who the guy Conrad is you saw on you tube, but I have 4 brothers and 1 of them is named Conrad. Keep rockin' the blues Simon! smile