Topic: Video Interview

http://www.homeoftheblues.org/tvshow.htm Click on August Heat Blues link takes a minute to load.

Re: Video Interview

awesome- thanks for sharing!!

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

That was great. Thanks Jim for posting the link.

really cool....thanks!

Good interview...a little odd, but Joe comes across well, as always.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Ooh i liked that! Thanks for posting!
It was odd to watch, with two people communicate to a camera and not to each other hi hi..... but what do i want... a  small space and one camera.
Yeah Joe, stay true to your self...........

hey your zipper was down --

only kidding ;-)  thank much for sharing

Seriously cool interview!  Thanks for letting us in on it, Jim.  Thanks to Joe, too, for being true to himself in all ways.  No apologies are necessary for that or for anyone being equal opportunity when it comes to blues.  Or rock.  Or both. 

By the way, Fotopete-- when we saw Joe in Akron, OH, in October 2004, one of the musicians in one of the opening acts did indeed have his zipper down!  After a brief debate with myself as they were preparing for their first song, I told the band member closest to me and they told him.  It would be better to be informed about such a thing as early as possible and besides, I was sitting right up front really close along the stage.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Thats was awesome. Thanks for the heads up. smile

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Cool interview.  Thanks for posting the link.  It's great to hear Joe just talk about music stuff.  He knows what he's doing, and he knows what he likes, and I like that about him.  smile

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."  ~Leo Tolstoy

"The more you can dream, the more you can do."  ~Michael Korda

The interviewer was the Tulsa Blues Society president Bill Martin. He was asked to interview Joe by the producer and he was as nervous as a cat. He is a big fan of Joe's and helped make the Tulsa show a success. He is A great guy that has met Joe before but got a little uptight in front of the camera. Joe did pretty good considering he was trying to get into his pre show routine and the interview started an hour or so late.

Ahh.  Yeah, the guy doing the interview did seem a bit nervous.  But still a good interview nonetheless.

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."  ~Leo Tolstoy

"The more you can dream, the more you can do."  ~Michael Korda

I liked that Joe was given a chance to really respond,  saying he wanted to "expand the boundaries of the blues," and ragging on the purists who discourage young musicians with their attitude about what "real blues" is.  Mostly I liked what Joe said about not apologizing for what he does and not changing to placate anybody!

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

Thanks Jim for posting.  It is always interesting to hear Joe's thoughts on his music and the blues.

Music is good for the Soul...

"most of the purist are rich white guys"

haha so true

Thanks Jim!
That is very cool. Joe is sooo awesome!!! smile
He's a very cool guy,an amazing guitar player, and an amazing singer!!  he will always be my hero.

peace,
sarah

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan