Topic: Say sorry to Deezer

It was worth the questions to get the answers.
I wrote the piece (as most of my jottings) after playing with various bands.
My last was not written in a bad mood the opposite in fact.
To quote Bob Seger:
Out there in the spotlight your a million miles away,
Every ounce of energy you try to give away,
As the sweat pours out your bodylike the music that you play.
Turn the page
Later in the evening as you lie awake in bed
with the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head"
Get on the computer, empty your brain instead.
  (Turn the page)

Its amazing how two countries can speak the same language and not share the same humour.
If I asked my kids the same questions it would have led to a series of laughable replies and not a tirrade of horrified comments.

Having worked for an American Company in the 70's as an engineer all over Europe, I tend to regard them as "almost" European.
Sharing the same dry humour.

Maybe because we spent so long fighting each other in wars we Europeans are now able to exchange insults and comments with a sense of fun in them.
Sometimes it goes too far and we pull back and end up laughing and not shooting each other.
I am told Americans have no sense of irony, the ones I know have, but then they have crossed the pond and accepted our ways.

Hope you all accept my apology.

Cant wait to get to grips with Geronimo !

"The blues had a baby and they called it Rock n Roll"
(Muddy Waters)

Re: Say sorry to Deezer

The thing about the Internet is that you can't see facial expressions, body language, ect. Things can be taken wrongly. Oh well.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

My apologies for putting you on the couch with my psych 101 diagnosis...I was a psych minor in college and occasionally feel the need to justify the money I spent ...a feeble attempt to "get my monies worth" : )

The thing about email and forum posts is the inability to use subtle facial expressions that are... in my opinion a vital component to sarcasm and dry humor...my apologies for not reading between the lines.

All's well that end's well !!!

Continue to post..I'll be sure to know better next time.

Sogs

"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

This is why, as much as I hate "lol"  smile yikes hmm and cool , they are sometimes neccessary.  Smilies are like the hack comedians of the internet.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

daddy5strings wrote:

Hope you all accept my apology.

Cant wait to get to grips with Geronimo !

Thanks for apologizing 5 strings I guess this Indian will not need to sharpen the tomahawk and venture into battle.

Actually Geronimo lived in the soutwest US Arizona, only came to Oklahoma when he surrendured and was placed in the stockade at Ft Sill in Lawton. Little House on the Prairie was in South Dakota I believe. Northern Plains. Oklahoma is Southern Plains country. Arkansas is where Bill Clinton was from and where it is unsure whether upon being granted a divore, the couple is still brother and sister? smile Sorry Deezer I love that joke.

Thought I might try to explain my American sense of humor.

That's okay. We're still better than Mississippi and Alabama. Just kidding folks. Couldn't help but give a little Southeastern Conference dig.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

All of you guys are very gracious and respectful...makes this FF so worth while coming to....

".....cuz you're here, now my heart's UNBROKEN."

Deezer wrote:

That's okay. We're still better than Mississippi and Alabama. Just kidding folks. Couldn't help but give a little Southeastern Conference dig.

you tryin to be funny, boy? I'll git my maw and paw and put a whoopin on ya'll!!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehheheheehehehehee...just kiddin of course...