Topic: Burnlounge

Anybody ever heard of this?

Any experience with it?

I was approached by a couple of people at a recent Joe show that are affiliated with Burnlounge in some way. I believe it is like mult-level marketing (think Amway) for music downloads.

According to these people an artist can sell their music on Burnlounge, just like i-tunes and Napster, and in theory their fan base could all sign up and become resellers. They say they pay the artist more $ per song than the others and I'm sure they have some kind of pyramid to pay the resellers.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with this.

Burnlounge

This might be something for the street team to undertake - I don't mind looking into it if there is interest.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Re: Burnlounge

I've been checking into it since my first post, and I think it has some merit as far as spreading the word about Joe and helping him make some money from it as well. (if Joe makes money, he can keep doing what we love him to do).

I'll drop you an email off board Jane and share with you.

As a general rule, I'm not interested in this type of deal either. My parents were Amway parents at one time. Nothing like having your house invaded every Thursday night by 30 evangelical soap salesmen that are trying to buy/sell enough of it to buy a new Ferrari..........

Aside from that aspect, there is some neat stuff to this program. The only way I'd be interested is if Joe participated as an artist. If his music wasn't available on it, it'd be no use. Eric Clapton doesn't need me helping him sell his music. I think he's doing OK.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Still finding out; looks intriguing but I won't have any real details for a couple of days. I'll let you know.

I was hoping someone here had experience with it.

PC

Last time I was in Vegas, I met a rep from Burnlounge. I looked at the site and didn't immediately "get" it, but I eventually did.

I guess because I approach my interest in music as a personal thing, I'm not much of a fan of these sorts of sites. Of course, like Phil, I'm willing to wait for more answers. Like with i-scene...Anthony Gomes has his street team running through this site and I signed up just to see what it was about. I wasn't impressed. I see the potential there, but as they had it structured for him, I wasn't too keen on it. I deleted my account rather quickly.

Maybe my reservations about Burnlounge stem more from the "downloadable" store, convincing others to use the same special software (and shelling out a minimum of $29.95/yr and ending at $400+/yr), and ultimately paying for finding new music you could find on your own for free. Give me GarageBand or hell, even Myspace and I'll do the searching on my own.

Phil, if you discover anything different, by all means, clue us in.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez