Topic: The (pronounced thee) guitar

There's one more guitar you need, Joe:

http://www.rjguitar.com/

Re: The (pronounced thee) guitar

I don't doubt the guitars authenticity, but I WOULD doubt the sanity of ANYONE who'd 

pay 6M for it. Whatcha' think LEN, deal or no deal ?

<G>
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”  Theodore Roosevelt

so....they don't even know where the man is really buried, but the guitar magically appears in 2006...sure...

on this topic, my mom lives a few miles from Hazelhurst MS...it was very cool when I visited her...like stepping back in time. It's all still very rural and country.

I don't know if I should believe it or not- I almost do want to believe it, because it would probably be the most important artifact in the history of blues music, but it is a little suspect that it just suddenly shows up in 2006.  Also, I'd think that if they were actually sure of the authenticity of the instrument that it would be all over the place, after all, like I said before it is the most important artifact in blues history.  I'm kinda 50/50 on this one- but I still would love that guitar- even if it isn't Robert Johnson's...

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

5 (edited by Deezer 2006-07-28 09:17:15)

Would be awesome if it was RJ's guitar, but I am very suspect.

Edit: But if it is, I would say it's worth it.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Couple easy ways to determine if it's real...get Honeyboy Edwards and Robert Lockwood Jr. in to have a look. They're among the very VERY select few still alive who performed and traveled with Johnson.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Okay folks, I want to believe, but the whole Robert Johnson case is so highly mysteric.....

I mean, in John Hammonds great movie about Robert Johnson, Honeyboy Edwards states that he was with Robert when he died. What did those guys do with Robert's guitar after he died? At least I would have expected that Lockwood Jr. or either Honeyboy kept it, or would you sell the guitar of such a mentor straight away??? Doesn't make sense, does it?

I do not know......but somehow I wish it is his guitar, just for the fact that something of Robert survived besides his music.