1 (edited by spongeworthiest 2006-07-22 00:39:07)

Topic: Houston 7-21

Joe, Bogie, and Mark smoked the Meridian tonight......
Setlist:
Taking the Hit
Walk In My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Mountain Time
Bridge to Better Days
New Day Yesterday / Spoonful
So Many Roads
Woke Up Dreaming (acoustic)
The River
Burning Hell
Encore:
Just Got Paid (Ode to Texas)
Asking Around for You
The band was very tight and clear and I liked the new, subtle changes on many of the tunes.
Thanks for coming back to Houston,
Kent V.

2 (edited by pcornell 2006-07-22 08:18:27)

Re: Houston 7-21

Unbelievable version of "Just Got Paid".......for the first song of the encore......

Thanks JB,

PC

cool

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Amazing show...anyone get this recorded? "Just Got Paid" was incredible...

Someone behind me in the crowd commented " It's like Jesus came back to earth to play guitar"

Welcome to the Joe.

Tim

**The best Joe show is the next Joe Show**

spongeworthiest wrote:

Joe, Bogie, and Mark smoked the Meridian tonight......
Setlist:
Taking the Hit
Walk In My Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Mountain Time
Bridge to Better Days
New Day Yesterday / Spoonful
So Many Roads
Woke Up Dreaming (acoustic)
The River
Burning Hell
Encore:
Just Got Paid (Ode to Texas)
Asking Around for You
The band was very tight and clear and I liked the new, subtle changes on many of the tunes.
Thanks for coming back to Houston,
Kent V.

Had to comment on this again..."Just Got Paid" was a surprise encore song. Not on the posted set list. I felt I was jumping out of my skin when I heard the opening notes. Others in the crowd looked stunned.

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

yes, I was shocked and delighted...the 2 encore songs were a perfect ending to a great performance!

6 (edited by bwolf05 2006-07-22 10:59:49)

TXBluesFan wrote:

Amazing show...anyone get this recorded? "Just Got Paid" was incredible...

Someone behind me in the crowd commented " It's like Jesus came back to earth to play guitar"

Welcome to the Joe.

Tim

**The best Joe show is the next Joe Show**

I taped the show last night.  This being my first time seeing Joe B live, I really enjoyed myself.  I wish the crowd wasn't so damn chatty, especailly during the softer blues tunes and acoustic song.  I'll never understand why people pay to go to a concert and talk the whole time.

Now that I have a setlist I'll be able to track it out and should be finished sometime this weekend.  Thanks spongeworthiest!!  ;D

Brad

edit to add: Source will be Neumann ak40 (ORTF) > lc3 > km100 > v3 (analog out) > 722 @ 24/96

Bwolf05...That was my 2nd show at the Meridian in the last month and I thought the same thing..I don't know if that room is conducive to a great sounding show...it seems to capture conversation  or at least the whole buzz of conversation extremely well.

I was up near the front but if you were in the middle-back you know what we are talking about.

Tim

This is sort of an of apples and oranges type thing here but i saw Chicago / HUEY LEWIS last night here in Pittsburgh and at the end of Hueys set a couple of guys from Chicago joined him onstage and did ZZ's "I THANK YOU".

Tell me about the car i saw parked outside your door ? Tell me what you left me waiting two or three hours for ? Tell me why when the phone rings, baby, your up and across the floor ? Please dont keep me wondering no more.....

Show can be downloaded at:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=27393

Enjoy!

BW

Thanks for taping and sharing. Very much appreciated.

Did anybody tape Tracy Conover, the opener? I know someone who would trade for a copy of her set and Joe's. Any comments on Her?

Is "Just Got Paid" on one of Joe's CD's?...I don't think I'm familiar with this one can someone help?...

The Other Joe B.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...and, I'm feelin good

The Other Joe B. wrote:

Is "Just Got Paid" on one of Joe's CD's?...I don't think I'm familiar with this one can someone help?...

The Other Joe B.

"Just Got Paid" is a classic by ZZ Top. I think originally off of the album "Rio Grande Mud"

Killer opening riff....powerful and very easy to hear Joe playing this song.

"........I just got paid today,
Got me a pocket full of change.
Said, i just got paid today,
Got me a pocket full of change.
If you believe like workin' hard all day,
Just step in my shoes and take my pay............"

PC

Spud wrote:

Did anybody tape Tracy Conover, the opener? I know someone who would trade for a copy of her set and Joe's. Any comments on Her?

I was wondering about her as well. I checked out a few clips of her on her website and she can rock! Anybody tell us how she was live?
Roadking

I've seen her a few times. She definitely is working on the marketing and networking aspect of her career. Her current live show sounds pretty good. I like it better than a couple of years ago. Worth seeing.

PC

Spud wrote:

she was good looking...from a distance...
:-)