Topic: A warm hello from Sunny So Cal !!

Hi Everybody,

Here I am, yet another fan, joining in the fun!!  I'm Libby, and, although I've been a big fan of Joe's for quite some time, I am brand new to the business of posting messages.  That being said, please forgive me in advance for any blunders I may make.  I'll try to find my way around and am quite sure that you will all graciously guide me should I need help - right?

We are still reeling from our very recent back to back nights with Joe - first at The Coach House, and then at The Galaxy Theater.  How lucky are we?!!  We cannot wait until Joe graces us with his MIGHTY presence again.

Meanwhile, I look forward to participating here, learning more, and getting to know some of you fun folks!

Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Re: A warm hello from Sunny So Cal !!

Greetings Libby from the Middle of America, the new Antartica.....Iowa!

It has been so frigid here, so glad someone can shout out a "warm hello."  So glad to have you on the Mo-Joe train.  So relax back, kick off those flip-flops you are probably wearing and have a great visit.  So glad you got to see back to back shows.  Joe's the best!  Have fun smile

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

welcome to the forum Libby. there are alot of great people here!!!

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Thanks for the warm and immediate welcome.

Patty, my husband was born in Storm Lake (Iowa) and I have good ol' Midwestern roots myself (St. Louis and Toledo).

Actually, yesterday we had temperatures close to 80 then a cold front moved in today - dropping the temps about 40 degrees and dumping a lot of snow low on our mountains.  Heard it was actually sleeting in Palm Desert today - can ya believe it?  And so, yes, flipflops yesterday, but the fireplace is cracklin' tonight.  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Welcome Libby!
Those shows were incredible!!  Glad I made the trip out to Cali to see them.  Live over here in Cleveland, close to your Toledo roots. 
You will love this forum, great people, great fans, great friends!

Welcome Libby...No.Cal representing here...head down to the beach and catch some rays...lol

Dave

That water is cold.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Welcome to JoeWorld Libby. Are you one of Malibu Joe's neighbors?..Wouldn't that be nice! I agree, you're very lucky..2 shows in a row..Now, a Joe Draught ....Luckily our friends across the pond will keep us up to date. Have fun!   Cathy

Hello Libby, nice to have you get the nerve to join in.  Were those your first 2 shows ever of Joe Bonamassa?!

Rock On & Keep the Faith, & keep the home fires burning-inside the home!
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hey Libby

Welcome to the family and keep posting. So many roads................................

Peace and Jam

millhouse:):):):):):):)

cold front at 40 degrees? you're having a giraffe!

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Hey Rocket,

Wanted to let you know that I posted a belated Coach House/Galaxy review last night.  It's the one that's just a bit shorter than War and Peace.  I answered your question (no, those were not our first shows), and many others there. 

Thank you for the warm welcome.  smile

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Hi Libby, welcome to the forum!!! You already seem to be addicted...but this forum will just increase your addiction, and luckily there are so many things to keep you preoccupied during a no-Joe spell. Post often smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Libby,
Welcome aboard and I hope you weather the temperature drop there. It's usually pretty drastic when a cold front cuts the temperature in half!
We had that happen a few weeks ago...went from 2 degrees down to 1 degree...lol!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill,

Oooooohhh....look at all these clouds on my local weather forecast!  Better get out the long johns.  smile

http://weather.aol.com/main.adp?location=USCA0512

Thanks for the welcome. 

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Welcome on board Libby.
Hope you're gonna have fun over here.
I bet you will.
The weather here in Holland is not that sunny sad.
We've got rain again today and the temperature is just a couple degree above freezing point.
Can''t wait to go on my holiday in april. Going to travel around from San Diego-Phoenix and lots in between.We've got 3 weeks to spent.

Marianne,

Clearly, I'm having a great time here.  Thanks for the welcome.  smile

You will love spending your three week holiday here, in my neck of the woods.  April should be lovely for you.  Make sure to look for wildflowers when you are traveling thru the desert, although, I'm afraid you will miss the peak bloom.  It is supposed to be a remarkable year for them though.  I'll be waving when you drive toward Phoenix!!!

smile  Libby smile

Bill S.

Thanks.
We already been traveling across the us last year.
Than we drove from San fransisco,monterey,las vegas towards denver.
We've seen lots of great National parks,places and took lots of great pictures.
Really like the grand canyon,arches and monument valley.We've seen lots more(see my homepage for the pics)
Can't wait to see some dessert this time.
We really love the US.
I'll wave back to you on my trip;)