Topic: Video from tonight's show in Santa Fe at the Santa Fe Brewing Company

Thought you all might enjoy this, as I was at the side of the stage messing around with my digital camera and caught a good majority of the encore, "Just Got Paid" of tonight's show at the Santa Fe Brewing Company in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where, as usual, Joe just completely kicked major ****! It's not pro quality, but the power definitely comes through, and the audio's decent. Wish I'd gotten all of it but my memory card filled up, but there's over 8 minutes to check out.  Joe, if you're reading this, thanks man for showing once again why you're simply the best! It was great talking with you again. You can expect a full review of the show shortly. The guy opening for Joe tonight, Ryan McCarvey also kicked **** as well, great guitarist, and seeing as he's only in his teens I predict a very bright future for him as well!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqq972WmqgU

Keith (Nightwatcher)
Staff Writer
Rock N Roll Universe
www.rocknrolluniverse.com

Nightwatcher's House Of Rock
http://nightwatchershouseofrock.blogspot.com/
Now featured on Planet Rock, The Chicago Sun Times and The Mog Music Network
Also featured on antiMUSIC's RockNewsinfo at http://www.antimusic.com/rocknews/

Re: Video from tonight's show in Santa Fe at the Santa Fe Brewing Company

Fantastic! Thank you! I was watching and all of a sudden Joe was hitting the strings and I said to myself, "This sounds like what Jimmy Page used to do with the violin bow" - and then he breaks into "Good Times, Bad Times." I love it!

Thanks for sharing!! Loved it, and a good crowd too..!
Can't wait now till i can see them on the U.K tour got my tickets for Manchester or maybe with BB King in Rotterdam if i am back in time from abroad.

Holy Mother of Pearl.......Just fell head over heels for The Main Man again.......Thanx for sharing.......rock on, right arm....Payday will never be the same again...:)  smile  smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Don M wrote:

Fantastic! Thank you! I was watching and all of a sudden Joe was hitting the strings and I said to myself, "This sounds like what Jimmy Page used to do with the violin bow" - and then he breaks into "Good Times, Bad Times." I love it!

I believe it is the extended solo from Days and Confused. He takes inspiration from Jimmy and Joe's it up. I have heard this evolve over the last two weeks via etree downloads of the Houston and Austin shows. Witnessing it in Tulsa and from Keiths perspective in Amarillo. Now this is a closer. I think it will keep getting even better as it continues its evolution.

I saw Jimmy do the violin bow in 1970 to see Joe do it is simply amazing. I would of never thought he would of ventured into the Zep catalog but I sure am glad he did.

Thanks Keith, that was awesome! I won't be seeing JB live until December and that was a nice fill in til then.
I agree with Jim M: Sounded like "Dazed and Confused" to me too.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Dayaaammmm!  That was some SMOKIN' Joe Bonamassa.  Thanks, Keith, for capturing and sharing this.  Were there any tapers in the house?  For those who are wondering, the first morph from Just Got Paid is a nod to "Mule" by Gov't Mule, and then there's some sweet Joe doing Eric Johnson style riffs before the Jimmy Page tribute.

That is really cool to see!

Keep on rockin' the blues...

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

8 (edited by Don M 2006-07-30 11:34:57)

jim m wrote:
Don M wrote:

I believe it is the extended solo from Days and Confused. He takes inspiration from Jimmy and Joe's it up. I have heard this evolve over the last two weeks via etree downloads of the Houston and Austin shows. Witnessing it in Tulsa and from Keiths perspective in Amarillo. Now this is a closer. I think it will keep getting even better as it continues its evolution.

I saw Jimmy do the violin bow in 1970 to see Joe do it is simply amazing. I would of never thought he would of ventured into the Zep catalog but I sure am glad he did.

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure if that was the song. I thought it might be "Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid" by Zeppelin too. Wrong on both counts. big_smile

Blew me away!  That might very well be the best Joe stuff on You Tube!!

jim m wrote:

I would of never thought he would of ventured into the Zep catalog but I sure am glad he did.

"Tea for One" on the latest CD, so this shouldn't have been a huge surprise, but a very welcome one to the set!

Thanks all, yes it was truly a smokin' show. But, is there any other kind of Bonamassa show? wink Not sure if there were any tapers there, but if there were, let me know, 'cause I'd love a copy of the show! I'll have some pics from the show that'll post in the pics section soon as soon as I edit them as well. And look for a full review soon@ Rock N Roll Universe!

Cheers!

Keith (Nightwatcher)
Staff Writer
Rock N Roll Universe
www.rocknrolluniverse.com

Awesome stuff, Keith.  I'm such a greedy Joe-head I can't wait for another DVD with this version of Just Got Paid on it (not to mention seeing it live).  Whatever you're doing Joe, keep it up cause I love it!

Man, in Tulsa when he cut into the Dazed And Confused part, if I had long hair I would've been the best headbanger in the world! I was expecting Just Got Paid, but the Dazed And Confused part tore the roof off the place.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

I love that assclown in the front playing air guitar. 

This is one of the best covers I've ever seen done by any artist live.  In Tulsa, he played his les Paul on this song, which had a much meaner tone and more of a zep/zztop sound.

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page

Here is a video of zep's dazed and confused for those who aren't that familiar with them.  Starting at about the 2:45 mark is about where Joe does his take of Dazed. 

About a year or so later, Page started playing this song on a custom les paul.  They also stretched this song out over 30 minutes for many performances.  Very, very influential band needless to say.  It's too bad that drugs hampered zep's abilities over time. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMk98Hn9e88

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page

TULedHead wrote:

I love that assclown in the front playing air guitar. 

This is one of the best covers I've ever seen done by any artist live.  In Tulsa, he played his les Paul on this song, which had a much meaner tone and more of a zep/zztop sound.

He also played the Les Paul Black Beauty on this, I do believe wink I do agree, one of the best covers I've ever heard live by any artist, and that includes SRV's awesome version of Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) that I witnessed during the 'In Step' tour with Jeff Beck back in '89,  and even Jeff himself. I'll put Joe up with Page, Clapton, Rory, Beck,Vai, Eric Johnson, or anyone else that I've heard live throughout the years.

Belexes wrote:
jim m wrote:

I would of never thought he would of ventured into the Zep catalog but I sure am glad he did.

"Tea for One" on the latest CD, so this shouldn't have been a huge surprise, but a very welcome one to the set!

I include Tea for One when I stated that I would of never thought he would touch the catalog. When I heard that was on You and Me I about fell out of my chair. Don't get me wrong never thought he couldn't it is just they don't have many obscure songs that can be improved on. He did it with Tea for One though and when he breaks into that snippet in his encore you can see the crowd look at each other and go "oh my god is this what I think it is. Yes. Yes. It is. WOW."