Topic: my first taste of Bonaddiction

I found about Joe oddly enough on Itunes under the Blues tab.  I had been looking for something new to listen to and couldn't believe my ears when I just heard the sample clips.  Well that led to purchasing Blues Deluxe, You nad Me and Sloe Gin.  Joe just kicked off his tour on Jan 31 at the Coach House in san Juan Capistrano and the Glalaxy Theater in Santa Ana on back to back nights.  I had already purchased tickets to the Friday night show, but the week before, he had perfromed live on the Mark and brian show on KLOS radio.  I was floored.  I talked my wife into getting tickets for the Thursday show since she didn't have to work the next day.  She really liked the Thursday show because as she said she didn't know any of his music.  He did three encores.  The last one he said was a Jethro Tull song that Ian Anderson wanted to see him perform when he got to England.  He asked the crowd if they didn't mind the band practicing the song for them.  Uh, yeah go right ahead Joe!  That was nothing like any Jethro Tull I had ever heard.  The Friday show Joe was the middle of three acts with Robben Ford as the headliner.  Joe tore the place down with his set.  He mixed up the playlist a little from the night before and threw down a Bon Jovi riff as he finished his set.  The crowd went nuts. After the show, my wife looks to me and says, we will never miss a Joe Bonamassa show when he comes to town.  Joe has taken over top spot on my Ipod and CD collection.  I'm glad I found the forum to hear more about what's up next in Joe's career.  I have a question for the group.  I have not bought any of Joe CD's prior to Blues Deluxe.  How is his material in comparison to these latest CDs?

Thanks
Brian

Re: my first taste of Bonaddiction

Hey Brian,
   A warm welcome to you and your wife.  Grab a chair and get comfy.  Ya' might as well go ahead and buy all the Joe you can get your hands on.  It's all got the "mojoe" of Joe.  I am so excited that you guys luv Joe just like the rest of us.  He is the best!  It's an addiction that there is no cure for....ya' might as well face it you're addicted to Joe  wink

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi Brian! Kismet, man..You don't know how the stars and all in the universe must align for Joe to be "in the neighborhood" so soon after you discover him. And, your wife is in too..beautiful. So, truth be told, All Joe is good Joe. Don't forget the DVD's..Seeing is believing!!! We are all enablers here, so don't look to us for restraint...Hop a plane, cross the Atlantic for a show..It's been known to happen...Welcome to Joe World..  Cathy

Thanks for the warm welcomes.  I do feel lucky that I was able to find out about Joe then be able to see him on back to back nights.  His rendition of Woke up Dreamin' was something I'd never seen before from another performer.  I had seen concert footage on his site, but to actually see him up close and personal in a quaint setting like the Coach House and galaxy Theater made the experience that much more fulfilling.  Ronnie Montrose, Warren Haynes, Gary Hoey, Clapton and Stevie Ray were guys who I had gravitated to when I needed a guitar fix, but Joe has soared above them all in my book.

Brian

Brian WELCOME!!  Glad you and your wife got to see Joe live because when you see him play you can't believe you are watching someone that talented.  Its just a mind blowing experience.  Joe totally ROCKS and he is such a nice guy too!!  We are a fun and friendly bunch here who love to talk about all things Joe and his incredible music.  So, post away....  smile

~Barbara

Brian..all I can say is WOW! There are loads and loads of people that had the same reaction as you and your wife, upon seeing Joe for the first time.
Hearing your excitement brought a smile to my face and memories of the first time I saw Joe. I could not wipe the smile off of my face for anything. There was also the amazement that accompanied that smile, wondering why Joe was not a household name (he is in my house).
Yeah, you'll fit right in here. Welcome.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

7 (edited by Rocket 2008-02-15 18:14:56)

I think I met you guys at the Galaxy...
The consensus has it Brian-Get your mitts on all the Joe Bonamassa stuff you can, it's therapeutic, esoterically aesthetic, and never fails to satisfy...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Welcome Brian

Great to hear that you and your wife had such a great time seeing SmokinJoe live. Keep postin as this is a great forum.

Peace and Jam

millhouse

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"