Topic: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

Saw Popa Chubby in Key West last month , and he said the song from this new album/cd was about JB .
The songs name is" I'll p*ss on your grave " from the Deliveres after dark disc .
Can anyone her enlighten me about this ??
Thanks , Bloozin

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

Never heard of Popa Chubby before this post, but just looking him up, he wont be able to make good on his threat unless he takes some drastic measures (like cryogenically preserving himself after death - a bit extreme just to avenge whatever he perceived as a slight). Luckily Joe appears to be a lot younger and healthier, so will outlive him.

I can certainly understand if someone has an axe to grind and wants to verbalize it, but thats pretty harsh.

I cant imagine many artists who would go on stage at a live show and say that about an artist, and Joe definitely did not strike me as one who would put down other artists during a live performance, so he's aleady surpassed Popa Chubby in more ways than one.

It would piss me off to pay for a live show by an artist i like and hear them say something like that about another artist, especiially one i like.

He's probably just jealous that Joe is a far better player than he is (or will probably ever be).  His ego is probably as large as his waistline.

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red

W H A T ?!

I can´t believe it! Did he really say that? I liked Popa Chubby before I became a Joe-addict, but I kind of dislike his newer stuff - I saw him play a few months ago, but he was not by far as good as he has been a few years ago. If he really said that about Joe, then I will surely stop buying his records and going to the concerts.
I bought the "Deliveries after dark" record, but I hardly listen to it - and that song is really mean, I never liked it.

On the other hand - he often plays that kind of game and insults people (mainly his audience), but in a winking kind of way - but saying that "I´ll p*** on your grave" is about JB is not funny at all. He behaves like a jealous Gangsta-rapper ....

Man, I can´t belive this!

Eva

Whoo hoo! Blues feud! Blues feud!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

6 (edited by pattyluvsjoe 2008-02-12 08:28:15)

I think maybe this is one of those threads that should be approached with some caution. 
I don't know anything about Popa Chubby, but I got a feeling this thread is headed south quick.
I don't know about attacking another performer here on Joe's home base.  I kind of think it's probably not a good idea.                                                      pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  Bloozin could you maybe introduce yourself to us, for a first post this one is kind of in the frying pan, so to speak.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

The dude got issues..."pop-a-chubby"...thats all you need to know about that fool!...if you know what the street slang is, then that describes him well...no, I wont elaborate

Dave

I stand behind what I've always said: IF YOU HAVE TO BRING OTHER ARTISTS DOWN TO MAKE JOE LOOK GOOD, THAT ACTUALLY MAKES HIM LOOK WORSE. Keep that in mind as you respond...

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

I think maybe this is one of those threads that should be approached with some caution. 
I don't know anything about Popa Chubby, but I got a feeling this thread is headed south quick.
I don't know about attacking another performer here on Joe's home base.  I kind of think it's probably not a good idea.                                                      pattyluvsjoe

Yeah but remember Patty, he drew first blood, not us.....

/Rambo'd

Deezer wrote:

I stand behind what I've always said: IF YOU HAVE TO BRING OTHER ARTISTS DOWN TO MAKE JOE LOOK GOOD, THAT ACTUALLY MAKES HIM LOOK WORSE. Keep that in mind as you respond...

Yeah of course, but if you got beef with Joe, then you got beef with me!

I mean after all, "Joe's Street Team Member" is really just a more verbose way of saying "Joe's Secret Service," amirite?  I mean, I'd take a bullet for Joe if I had to....

First off...who the heck is Bloozin?  Is that a qualified, true story?  What's the point of bringing that drama here, first post?

Secondly...What are we fat bass to rise to first bait?

Thirdly...who will be manipulated?  Raise your hands!

thinkaboutit
Jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

First off...who the heck is Bloozin?  Is that a qualified, true story?  What's the point of bringing that drama here, first post?

Secondly...What are we fat bass to rise to first bait?

Thirdly...who will be manipulated?  Raise your hands!

thinkaboutit
Jeff

I totally agree. I think this was Patty's point as well.

12 (edited by Deezer 2008-02-12 09:25:43)

MontiusWinston wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Yeah but remember Patty, he drew first blood, not us.....

/Rambo'd

Deezer wrote:

Yeah of course, but if you got beef with Joe, then you got beef with me!

I mean after all, "Joe's Street Team Member" is really just a more verbose way of saying "Joe's Secret Service," amirite?  I mean, I'd take a bullet for Joe if I had to....

I look at our job to bring enthusiasm about Joe Bonamassa to people, not to bring negative energy by engaging in a back and forth. If I remember correctly, he and Walter Trout had a situation where they had a disagreement, and they handled it and got over it (please correct me if I'm wrong anybody). This too shall pass...if it's true. It might not be.

13 (edited by Deezer 2008-02-12 09:38:07)

It might be, but I don't think so....he or she is asking us if we know anything about it. Doesn't even make any comments about the song. I don't know...I've seen a lot of trolls in my day...I don't think this is one. Actually hope it's bogus though, you always hate to see an artist with an axe to grind.

And I hope for Joe's sake that Joe doesn't say anything that will further escalate the situation. Knowing me, if it was about me, I might let slip a remark or two...just a thought.

Deezer wrote:

I look at our job to bring enthusiasm about Joe Bonamassa to people, not to bring negative energy by engaging in a back and forth.

I do try to bring enthusiasm about Joe to people.  There probably isn't a day that goes by I don't tell people about him and his music.

That being said, I'm going to defend him against anyone that flames him or brings a slight against his honor.  I don't care if this guy is a forum troll and just made this whole thing up, I'm standing by the fact that if you insult Joe, you are insulting me.  That is all I'm saying.  Maybe I have spent too much time around ex-Mafia, I don't know, but that is just how I take these things.

if it's true. It might not be.

You are right, it might not be.  But even if Mr. Chubby didn't say these things and this bloozin made it up to start crap, then there is still a pissant insulting Joe, and I'll still be here to unleash the (irrational) passionate fan rage.

DISCLAIMER:  Montius' comments are his own.  They do not reflect Joe's opinions in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not take his silly ramblings as a reflection of Joe's character, or even representing the opinions or behavior of the rest of Joe's fans.  He is a silly boy from Kansas that has a bit of a twisted sense of humor.  But he does love Joe and his music.

I'm sorry, I don't see anything necessarily inflammatory about the post itself. He's not saying that Joe deserves to have the song written about him, he's asking us what this is about. I got no beef there. In fact, if it turns out to be not true it's kinda hard to say it's inflammatory, because he's essentially asking us about it if it's true or not.

It's like my dad always says: "Son, if you see two people arguing on a street corner, they don't see who's right or who's wrong, they just see two a-holes yelling at each other." Brilliant man, he is.

BTW, not calling you an a-hole. Just a quote.

Deezer wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't see anything necessarily inflammatory about the post itself. He's not saying that Joe deserves to have the song written about him, he's asking us what this is about. I got no beef there. In fact, if it turns out to be not true it's kinda hard to say it's inflammatory, because he's essentially asking us about it if it's true or not.

It's like my dad always says: "Son, if you see two people arguing on a street corner, they don't see who's right or who's wrong, they just see two a-holes yelling at each other." Brilliant man, he is.

Well what I meant by that whole thing was if he was just bringing it in here to start crap (not saying he was), then that is pretty insulting to the integrity of this forum and he is a troll.  If he is not, then that is fine and I meant no insult to him.

If, by chance, Mr. Chubby did in fact say these things, then I don't see how I cannot throw insults right back at him.  I mean, Joe's my main man and I can't let that stuff go unchecked...surely you understand this. 

And don't worry about calling me an a-hole.  I'm sure some people do have that opinion of me (been called much worse).  Call me whatever you want, it's really not gonna hurt my feelings, but insult Joe...then, you see, I got a problem....:P

Like I said, I've spent way too much time around Mafia-types....sorry.

Alicia Keys.

MontiusWinston wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Well what I meant by that whole thing was if he was just bringing it in here to start crap (not saying he was), then that is pretty insulting to the integrity of this forum and he is a troll.  If he is not, then that is fine and I meant no insult to him.

If, by chance, Mr. Chubby did in fact say these things, then I don't see how I cannot throw insults right back at him.  I mean, Joe's my main man and I can't let that stuff go unchecked...surely you understand this. 

And don't worry about calling me an a-hole.  I'm sure some people do have that opinion of me (been called much worse).  Call me whatever you want, it's really not gonna hurt my feelings, but insult Joe...then, you see, I got a problem....:P

Like I said, I've spent way too much time around Mafia-types....sorry.

I can certainly see that. lol Remember, the mafia's bad, mmkay? And why is the mafia bad? Cuz drugs are bad, mmkay?