Topic: Tulsa July 26, 2006...

Joe friggin' rocked the place last night. Got to meet Jim. You're a cool cat, bro. Anyways, the opening act was Hosty Duo, and they were really cool. Really weird and funny songs. First time I've seen an opener that I didn't know about that impressed me enough to buy their cd. Took a Bonavirgin, we got up right next to the stage and got some great pics. Most of the night Mark was right on top of me. The guy I went with said Mark flopped a bunch of sweat in his face, and he thought that was the coolest thing ever. The band friggin' tore apart the stage, it was so awesome. Snagged the set list from Wichita Falls and got it autographed by the band. Great to talk with Joe, Mark, and Bogie after the show, again just super nice guys. Also helped the crew load equipment after the show. The only bad part was an old lady just had to flash, it wasn't pretty. Things that make ya go bluhhh... Anyways, here is what they played last night....

Takin' The Hit
Walk In My Shadows (a ton of people shouted the last line at Joe, Joe was very impressed)
Blues Deluxe
Mountain Time
Bridge To Better Days
A New Day Yesterday (Spoonful ending)
So Many Roads
Woke Up Dreaming (acoustic)
The River
Burning Hell

encore:
Asking Around For You
Just Got Paid (with Dazed And Confused interlude which kicked maximum arse!)

All in all, a great night for me. Again, great finally meeting you Jim. Thanks to the band for being so great.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Re: Tulsa July 26, 2006...

Thanks for the review Deez. I wish he'd do a few more tunes from the new CD tho.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Sounds like another killer show with the exception of the sideshow!  Dazed and Confused,  one of my favs...

Music is good for the Soul...

Deez,

It's amazing....Joe never disappoints...glad you were so close..kind of makes the night  all the better.

Sunshine

".....cuz you're here, now my heart's UNBROKEN."

Were there any tapers at the Tulsa show?

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page