Topic: Newbie

Hey folks. My name is Spider. I'm a newbie to this site. I've been playing blues guitar for over 30 years. My home is New York to Florida and all stops in between.

Happy New Year!

Re: Newbie

Welcome blues Dawg!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Hi Spider and welcome to Joe World..Now, you're going to have to tell more...Are you in a witness protection program, a touring band, a hobo on the trains.....Wuz up?  Cathy

"SPIDER"......what a great name to go by!!!....cant believe that wasnt taken earlier.....welcome to the show.....now how bout a story or 2....I need something to share at work tommorrow.....how bout one person that left a impression on you, musically speaking that is!!!

Dave

Hey Spider,
      You're last name isn't "Man" is it?    Okay, sorry bad joke, couldn't resist wink
Are you a pilot? An engineer? Road rally driver?  Oh, that's right.....you're a Joe Bonamassa fan, too!   Welcome smile
                                                                        pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi Spider, welcome to the JOE board.  Being a blues man how did you come across Joe and his music?  Sit back and enjoy hanging out here.  We all are a friendly and fun bunch.  Feel free to share your thoughts, stories and music with us.  Post away.....

Barbara.....

7 (edited by Rocket 2007-12-31 11:13:26)

Spider wrote:

Hey folks. My name is Spider. I'm a newbie to this site. I've been playing blues guitar for over 30 years. My home is New York to Florida and all stops in between.

Happy New Year!

30 years o' blues...hmm Lotta experience, started out when Joe Bonamassa was a newbie to Planet Bluesrock...

Looks like another who fits the profile "Lord I was born a ramblin' man..."
Having 8 legs you must move fast and far...Spin a web of tales for the flies on the wall in here...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

You're very welcome on this forum Spider, very nice people with a very good taste of the good music!
2008 will never be the same for you after watching Joe and band live!!!

Best wishes from Holland, 

Andre Wittebroek.

Spider,
Welcome to the best forum on the "web".
Home to the best guitarist/entertainer on the planet and the greatest, most passionate fans around. There are a great bunch of people here. Glad you found your way here.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:

Spider,
Welcome to the best forum on the "web".

lol

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

SPIDER!!.....now I know why your familiar....your that cat with the left and right handed guitar in one body...yall remember that guy peeps....Jane where are you?...I know you can find it somewhere in "old topics"....your left and right fret hands were equal in speed and ability..AT THE SAME TIME!!....wuts that guys name...help me out....someone pulled off youtube and posted it...remember folks???

Dave

Welcome Spider.  Shred, I believe the guy you're referring to with the double guitar is Michael Angelo Batio, formerly of the 80's band Nitro.  I had the opportunity to see him play a small clinic at a local music store and he actually can do that stuff in person, quite well.  Also, like our man Joe, was very friendly and humble in person, thanked us for coming, signed my CD's, etc.  I recommend his "No Boundaries" if you don't mind a shred-fest (no pun intended) he is fast but he does have some feel also.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Well....it all started one evening back in 72 at a little roadside joint (not the smokable kind although it was plenty smoky inside) a few miles outside of Jacksonville. ..........

Yeah I like to move around. Can't hit a moving target kinda thing. Love the road but I mostly live up north. Not very far from Joes hometown. Got caught sittin still too long. I'll be hitting the road south again in a couple three weeks. Gotta satisfy that travelin jones thing.

Not real big on the computer but I gotta say this is one of the coolest sites I've ever come across. Unheard of for a major artist to answer questions on a website. Way cool. No matter how sweet this site is y'all, it ain't a substitute for the real thing. Get out and jam. Go see and support a local band if you ain't in one. And if you ain't in one well......you know what to do.

Spider

Slap my mouth wheres my manners...

Thank You for the warm welcome.

Spider

Hey Spider,

I go to livebands from local to the worldtop for 40 years and still do. It's the best way to go out I agree. Don't play any instrument myself so jamming would be hard for the others!

Andre Wittebroek.