Topic: Hot Time in Joe-maha . . .

. . . literally.

Gonna be a scorcher at Playing with Fire today, but I'm still excited!  Joe, you and Mark and Bogie might want to consider wearing shorts on stage tonight.

I'm looking forward to seeing <G> and Thedude.  Who else is coming?

Re: Hot Time in Joe-maha . . .

I'm going to try to make it, but I got pretty thrashed at the Clear lake show last night.

It was weird to see Joe only do a short set, but I'm sure he made some new fans.

Man, Tesla was just on fire last night.  What a great show and great crowd !!!!!

Could not believe they played War Pigs !  The crowd loved it !!!!!!

Hopefully the music is hotter than the weather.

Spent the day up in the mountains at a blues fest myself and think I may have lost 10 pounds in sweat alone. Thank goodness we had a nice thunderstorm to cool us off.

May the bands be smokin' and the crowd be kind.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Hey Matt:

Tell us bout the show!
Hope everyone got to see the custom JBB shirts you guys sport at the shows. Great way to show your colors.
I took in Blues Traveler on Saturday Night. First time seeing them and they put it all on the line. Great show outdoors at the Britt Fesitival in Jacksonville, Oregon.
Very cool seeing Rory Block open for them. She is a true blues player with great pipes. Robert Johnson would be proud of her interpretation of his tunes. She joined BT for a song that was a great bit of fun.

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

Rockin' Ron, I just saw BT last week and I thought the show was okay, but not great. Perhaps it's the setting or the crowd. It was still good to see them, though. Glad I have at least one show under my belt.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

RockinRon wrote:

Hey Matt:

Tell us bout the show!
Hope everyone got to see the custom JBB shirts you guys sport at the shows. Great way to show your colors.

RockinRon

Ron, I posted a brief bit in the Show Reviews topic:  http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=475

Brother, it was hot!  Temps hit 100 degrees plus during the afternoon, but I'm proud to say attendance was solid--in the thousands, apparently.  Even when Joe took the stage after sundown, it was still pretty toasty.  And there was Joe wearing a jacket.  Crazy, man.

As mentioned in the other thread, toward the end of the set, some folks started calling for Joe to lose that jacket.  Eventually, he did just that, tossing it into the crowd.  Later, in the autograph line, I overhead Joe mentioning that the jacket had cost $500.  Uh . . . wow.  The heat must have really gotten to him.  :-)

The set itself was one of the best I've seen.  (For those keeping score at home, this was my 14th show.)  The newbies were solidly in the groove and seemed right at home up there.  I really enjoyed the new bits, with all the audience participation.  I did my best to fill in during "Walk in My Shadows."  Joe even said it was a helluva try.  (!!!)  (Your way is still better, Joe.)  The other singalongs, during "Spoonful" and "Burning Hell," were a lot of fun, too.

I persuaded some Bonavirgins to attend, and as usual, they came away amazed.

Oh, and yes, Tracy made some more t-shirts for the occasion.  Some of her best work yet.  We wore them proudly.

So now we're kicking around the possibility of driving to Colorado for the Copper Mountain show.  According to the schedule, Joe will get less than an hour of stage time to himself, which is kind of a drag.  As he showed in Omaha, he certainly deserves headliner status.  But we may go, anyway.

Oh, and I still need to get those pictures uploaded.  Stay tuned . . .

MattR wrote:
RockinRon wrote:

Hey Matt:

Tell us bout the show!

RockinRon

Ron, I posted a brief bit in the Show Reviews topic:  http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=475

Brother, it was hot!  Temps hit 100 degrees plus during the afternoon, but I'm proud to say attendance was solid--in the thousands, apparently.  Even when Joe took the stage after sundown, it was still pretty toasty.  And there was Joe wearing a jacket.  Crazy, man.

As mentioned in the other thread, toward the end of the set, some folks started calling for Joe to lose that jacket.  Eventually, he did just that, tossing it into the crowd.  Later, in the autograph line, I overhead Joe mentioning that the jacket had cost $500.  Uh . . . wow.  The heat must have really gotten to him.  :-)

The set itself was one of the best I've seen.  (For those keeping score at home, this was my 14th show.)  The newbies were solidly in the groove and seemed right at home up there.  I really enjoyed the new bits, with all the audience participation.  I did my best to fill in during "Walk in My Shadows."  Joe even said it was a helluva try.  (!!!)  (Your way is still better, Joe.)  The other singalongs, during "Spoonful" and "Burning Hell," were a lot of fun, too.

I persuaded some Bonavirgins to attend, and as usual, they came away amazed.

Oh, and yes, Tracy made some more t-shirts for the occasion.  Some of her best work yet.  We wore them proudly.

So now we're kicking around the possibility of driving to Colorado for the Copper Mountain show.  According to the schedule, Joe will get less than an hour of stage time to himself, which is kind of a drag.  As he showed in Omaha, he certainly deserves headliner status.  But we may go, anyway.

Oh, and I still need to get those pictures uploaded.  Stay tuned . . .

Upload a pic of the shirt while you're at it. smile

RockinRon wrote:

Hey Matt:

Tell us bout the show!
I took in Blues Traveler on Saturday Night. First time seeing them and they put it all on the line. Great show outdoors at the Britt Fesitival in Jacksonville, Oregon.
Very cool seeing Rory Block open for them. She is a true blues player with great pipes. Robert Johnson would be proud of her interpretation of his tunes. She joined BT for a song that was a great bit of fun.

RockinRon

RockinRon!  Thanks for the live update for BT.  I was not sure who it was at first, it took me a minute. 

Give Deb a hug for me!

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX