Topic: Joe's Les Paul

I just watched Bridge to better days in Germany on Bonamassa TV and he's playing this flaming maple top Les Paul.  I haven't seen him play a Gibson before.  Is this something of a change or just a temporary switch for this song?  I'm going to see him this Saturday in Omaha and I'll see if he's playing it then.

And is this in C minor?

One more thing, I've never been to his shows before and am wondering, is he available for autographs?

D

Re: Joe's Les Paul

He plays a Les Paul alot nowadays... Just saw a show on the 6th and he played his Giglioti (sp?) the Chandler and his Les Paul. He also broke out ol' Luceile for the closer...

Joe's moving away from Strats, he doesn't even use them in concert anymore. The only thing he uses with a Fender body style is the Gigliotti. He likes that the tone is fatter with the LP's.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

DRD,

The key is A I believe, and the Cmaj/Aminor scale...

I have always preferred the company of a Gibson than a fender.

I have seen photos of Joe with Chandler strats and teles...where are those at these days?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I think he's just really digging that guitar. It's got a killer tone, and it's really where his ears are at, these days. He's been using strats for a long time, and the Paul is an alternative. What with the new band and new outlook, his guitar and amp preferences are differing as well, though I doubt permenantly. Man... If only Clapton would go back to Pauls...

Joe used his Paul through about 80% of the show in KC.  Man, that thing screams!

on July 15th in Omaha he even played a three-pup custom... that was new to me...
http://i.pbase.com/g4/73/646773/2/63591916.vGNlSPQh.jpg

as well the appearance of the LUCILLE guitar... (guess it was for the BBKingish ASKING AROUND FOR YOU)
http://i.pbase.com/g4/73/646773/2/63590457.CfcFEXY9.jpg

Blues-on greets
PIT :-)

Seen Joe in Appleton sans Fenders. As posted he has changed (at least for that show) to a Two Rock and Fuchs along with the Marshalls and what looked liked custom speaker cabinets. I know of his admiration for the English blues and he may be trying to emulate that sound. I had seen Robin Trower the Thursday before that at Summerfest just ripp'in it up on a Strat! Whew, what a week.

I think it is just normal that you flavour changes from time to time. That is the reason, why we guitarists always have to have new guitars ( and to convince our wifes that we really need a new guitar ..... )

Joe will come back to Strats, believe me, and in his carrees he will also come back to Paulas again.....

I do no different....

I am not sure what guitar is what, but I did take a picture of Joe with each one of the guitars he used at the KC, Mo show on July 16th . You can take a look and see what he was playing with.  Caution, there are @ 180 photos, so it might take you a few minutes to see all the guitars he used.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52152210@N00/

Take care,
Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

nice shots... indeed... :-)

it seems that the 3 pick-up customs was not on duty this night....

Thanks for sharing,
PIT

photogal wrote:

I am not sure what guitar is what, but I did take a picture of Joe with each one of the guitars he used at the KC, Mo show on July 16th . You can take a look and see what he was playing with.  Caution, there are @ 180 photos, so it might take you a few minutes to see all the guitars he used.

Take care,
Rhonda

WOW MAN!!!!!!! Hey you really took some beautiful pictures.
By the way - could it be that Joes Les Paul on the pix is one of the most beautiful and shiny Les Pauls on earth?????

Jimi75 wrote:
photogal wrote:

Take care,
Rhonda

WOW MAN!!!!!!! Hey you really took some beautiful pictures.
By the way - could it be that Joes Les Paul on the pix is one of the most beautiful and shiny Les Pauls on earth?????

Those photos have not been cleaned up and adjusted for lighting and color. I am working on them, but it is a slow process. I have a few that I will post later tonight that show off the guitar a lot better than the ones posted.

Later,

Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Rhonda, awesome shots!  Lighting was great.

Great to see you found Flickr.  If you need help with the site, get ahold of Joanie.  She got me through the hiccups when I first went to Flickr.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

I love guitar talk! Deezer, if you don't subscribe to Guitar One, I'll maill you a recent interview from September's issue.  Joe talks about rocking the blues and coping with a guitar addiction, bought five on his last tour and keeps a 65' strat in his kitchen. (gotta' love a man who keeps a guitar in the kitchen...)  Like jim m. said before, Joe's playing  the "G" guitars on tour, but if I know guitar guys, you always need a strat in your arsenal and you can never forget the catalyst of your addiction. Variety, the spice of life!

Deezer wrote:

Joe's moving away from Strats, he doesn't even use them in concert anymore. The only thing he uses with a Fender body style is the Gigliotti. He likes that the tone is fatter with the LP's.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

LOL GUitar-Faces GALORE!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Joe performed in downtown Fort Worth on a Sunday night at the 8.0 with a very appreciative but not overwhelmingly large crowd.........too bad for the ones that missed a show like this....

I know you folks may differ with me, but the first thing that drew me to hear Joe was his voice, his vocals.......the man has one of the best throats in rock music right now......

I have seen great guitar players with so-so voices, and great singers but no chops............with Joe you get the whole enchilada!

who does he sound like? I don't know....a little Paul Rogers, a little Greg Allman.........a lot of Joe? a truly great voice...

now to the show...very well paced, nice segue from a hard rocker to a slow blues, transitions from the metalflake-finish Tele to the heritage reissue LP, along with the 335, but one neat dynamic was the black LP.....seemed to cut thru better than expected....

of course it doens't hurt when your rig uncludes the Fuchs (ala Dumble), the Two Rock (nice breakup sound) as well the the plexi and jubilee Marshalls.....

the cabs reminded me of some old Marshalls, the oddballs, that house at least 2-6 speakers.......anybody know what these creatures are?.......and I see Joe is protecting himself from the sheer volume on stage with the plexiglass in front of the cabs.......

a great show and some great tribute riffs to the influences of Cream, Zep, ZZ et al......Just Got Paid with Zep in the middle was a mind-blower!

new stuff on the album sounds fanatastic.....WOW!

interesting right now is to watch someone like Joe with his energy and flamboyancy on stage vs my other favorite right now, Derek Trucks........Derrick barely moves on stage......2 Young Guns with a different style but 2 of the absolutely best players on the planet right now.....

makes me feel like an old man since my baby daughter is the same age as both of these guys!.....makes me old enought to be their father! that's OK, I  still play and still rock....and it ain't geezer rock! most days I play for myself, but along with my motorcycle I don't pay a shrink.....I have my own ways to cope with what life throws at me! cold beer helps too!

sad part about Joe is by his touring schedule he probably won't be in these parts of Texas till maybe next summer....can't wait!

" Let imagination lead reality will follow thru!"

Michael Hedges

Amen.