Topic: Joe In a Video Game?!?

Being of the generation of where everybody plays video games, the Guitar Hero series and the new Rock Band is making a major impact. Never before has a music game ever been this popular, and it's now one of the hottest games of all time.

For those who don't know Guitar Hero is a game where a series of colored notes comes down the screen and you attmept to play these notes at the right time by holding down the appropiately colored "fret button" and strumming a strum bar on the guitar-like controller that comes packaged with the game. The Guitar Hero series is on its third installment where as the new Rock Band game takes the experience further by adding drums and a microphone to the mix, allowing 4 people to play at once (vocals, guitar, bass, and drums). These games also feature downloadable content that players can download directly to their game system and play in the game.

So after playing a horrendous Pride & Joy cover on Guitar Hero III, I had an epiphany. I thought that if Joe got into either Guitar Hero or Rock Band, he'd be able to get exposure to a massive group of people who are potential fans. To achieve this, I sought to enlist the help of the aid of the all-mighty Bonamassa Street Team. To my knowledge, both games have forum sections dedicated to song suggestions to potentially add to the game. So if you know anybody who plays Guitar Hero or Rock Band, get them to periodically make a post suggesting Bonamassa, or just blues in general would be helpful.

Rock Band Website: www.rockband.com (the forums is found under Community)

Guitar Hero: www.guitarhero.com (Just click on Forums)

"I'm not a legend; I'm only 30. You have to be over 50 or dead to be a legend."
--Joe Bonamassa

Re: Joe In a Video Game?!?

Anybody here see the South Park episode about Guitar Hero?  It was pretty good.  lol

--Vik cool

TieDyeVikki wrote:

Anybody here see the South Park episode about Guitar Hero?  It was pretty good.  lol

--Vik cool

I have and I thought it was quite funny.

But from what I heard from people who have played the game and actually play a guitar that the two things are very much different from each other since the guitar controller is so much more basic than an actual guitar that you could be awesome at the game and not be able to pick up a guitar. But I will say this: I am definitely more interested in actually buying a real guitar and learning how to play it. With how much classic rock, blues, and jazz have been a part of my life, I'm surprised I haven't bought one earlier. I was digging around the Guitar Center website the other day looking at stuff out of curiosity, so maybe if I get some money this Christmas, I'll be back asking for help buying my first guitar. big_smile

Roy, don't feel bad about buying your son the game. It is really fun, and most likely, he's going to end up like and me and be more motivated to play his real one, and he's lucky he's got one to play where I still have to work/pray for the funds to get one. As for you picking up the game Roy, either you'll love it and actually give it a shot or you'll get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again that you'll want to smash the thing to bits (my mother for example when I'm home.)

--Bryan

"I'm not a legend; I'm only 30. You have to be over 50 or dead to be a legend."
--Joe Bonamassa

The Kid wrote:

As for you picking up the game Roy, either you'll love it and actually give it a shot or you'll get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again that you'll want to smash the thing to bits (my mother for example when I'm home.)

--Bryan

Hey Bryan & Roy,
        I am one of those moms who just happens to enjoy playing Guitar Hero.  I like Guitar Hero 2 better.  I pretty much stay on the medium level and it's some great fun time spent with my son.  He operates the hard & expert levels.  For him, it has rejuvenated him in playing his real guitars.  For me, it has me listening to groups that I probably never would have, so good for the exposure.  And what a hoot to feel like your playing along on Mississippi Queen,Sunshine of Your Love,Black Magic Woman,La Grange,etc.......since I played bass guitar in h.s. & college, I also get a kick out of playing the bass line, while my son plays lead.  It's a fun harmless fantasy world.  And of course, I would absolutely love it if Joe was on it.  Just think how much fun and how much exposure that would be.  It would really be cool if Joe was one of the characters.  You get to pick the stage, the outfit, the guitar,etc....  I seem to do best when I am Tom Morello and the worst when I am Slash. hehe       Just my 50 cents worth on it.

Patty wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I liked it the first time when it was called SIMON!

no - my buddies have this. I tried playing Monkey Wrench by the Foo Fighters. I could play it note for note on a REAL guitar, but really struggled with the game.

(shoulder shrug)

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

6 (edited by backroad junkie 2007-12-28 10:09:33)

I just got this for my girlfriend's kids and boy do I suck at it. I have been playing guitar for 25 years, this game will do nothing for your guitar skills but it is great fun for the whole family. I read an article that said that real guitar players are the worst at this game. I would love to see Joe featured in this game.

Now I play World of Warcraft, but I will try playing the video game that you introduced.