Topic: pick material

Could someone identify the type of plastic used on the purple Budda picks that Joe flings out at the end of the show. I know that they are .75 mm.

Re: pick material

Plastic?

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Ummmmm, yeah like delrin or nylon. I don't think it is tortex?

strictly promo picks

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

They actually work for me! I crack the hell out of fender thins and the heavies are too thick. Plastic is so insane someone designed a guitar body out of it years ago! Or is the Dan Armstrong  a promo piece also?

Rick Soike wrote:

They actually work for me! I crack the hell out of fender thins and the heavies are too thick. Plastic is so insane someone designed a guitar body out of it years ago! Or is the Dan Armstrong  a promo piece also?

What I meant was that they were not specially designed exotic picks..........just plastic ones that would hold a logo and be massed produced with enough efficiency that they could be given away to help promote Joe and the company.

PC

Yeah, actually Joe uses Dunlop Jazz III picks (I saw both the red and black on top of his amp, but I've never seen him play anything other than the red ones)

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

You can see him using the Jazz III in the Rockpalast DVD. He holds it in his palm when he finger picks.

Does anyone know if he still used the Jazz IIIs when he plays acoustic, or does he switch to another type?

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128