Topic: Royal Albert Hall, 5/4/24

We are a family of 4 that went to our first concert together, I wanted them to experience a top guitarist in full flow at the Royal Albert Hall, i know Joe is a fantastic musician and hadn't seen him before we were all very excited and very lucky to be sitting in a Grand Tier Box, sadly things didn't go to plan from the very first track to the last it was just a huge barrage of booming noise that you couldn't decipher, the sound was just an absolute abuse to our ears you couldn't hear Joes vocals at all they were totally lost within it and we didn't hear him play the guitar as he was being totally drowned out, it was such a shame Royal Albert Hall is such a spectacle visually and we could see from our seats other people were getting the full Joe Bonamassa treatment and loving it, I won't give up on Joe as I know he is a proven artist but something was amiss whether it was the RAH acoustics or the technical set up but it wasn't right a gig shouldn't sound like that and coming away thinking what just happened it was just noise, the only time we heard anything when there was a solo, I can say I have seen Joe play but I still haven't heard him, I'm only writing this that it might help someone to think very carefully as to where they are going to sit at the RAH for a future event such as this as other parts of the venue didn't have the affect we had.

Re: Royal Albert Hall, 5/4/24

Hi Clive, and welcome to the Forum. Thanks for posting your notes about your RAH experience; sorry to read that it wasn't all it should have been for you.
I know it was a venue that Joe always wanted to play, and has a great love for since he achieved that ambition.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

It's great to hear

@Clive ; I wasn’t there but I have in the past experienced concerts of Joe’s like you described. Mine was in Buffalo NY
But I’ve also had concerts that were amazing
Most of the speakers are aimed at the floor seats so they usually get the best sound

Sometimes the sound guys just miss the mark on the mix

@Ralf you do realize you said Great to a negative review, right ??

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Just Got Paid / Dazed and Confused  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNZdHi1hv88

Mountain Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCu9rAVUcEY

6 (edited by DougH 2024-04-19 05:54:43)

Thanks for the video Reo
Wow how did you get that crystal video (not just being close) my phone and camera can’t take it that clear

I can hear the mix doesn’t sound great for Joe’s vocals and guitar though.
Maybe your ears heard it different live

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Sorry DougH! The videos are not mine. I just re-posted from youtube.