19 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-02-27 12:51:28)

Re: Albums to lookout for in 2022

Had a tip that Marcus Bonfanti is due to release his first post-Ten Years After album sometime thus year.

Also, Welch slide-whizz and probably the most prolific lockdown artist in the UK, Troy Redfern has a bew album up for crowdfunding for an August release:-
https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-gb/suite

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Lester wrote:

Beth Hart, 22 Feb 2022.
Album of Led Zep covers.

Lester..

Here it is - and it is KILLER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXW9MvDMLw

https://www.mascotlabelgroup.com/produc … eppelin-cd

21 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-03-10 11:45:24)

29th April sees the release of debut album Bonham: Bullick

"Deborah Bonham and Peter Bullick, along with their band and special guests, have recorded a new Blues, Rock and Soul inspired 13 track album Bonham-Bullick, a joint project songbook of some classic and obscure composition interpretations spanning seven decades. The album, produced by Bonham and mixed by Tim Oliver at Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios, takes you on a fascinating journey with songs from the greats such as O.V. Wright, Johnnie Taylor, Albert King Sam Cooke and Ann Peebles together with more modern-day luminaries such as Bernard Fowler (Rolling Stones), Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees) and Chris Wilson. Throughout the recording process, Bonham and Bullick have shown a deep respect for the original songs whilst reaching deep into their hearts and souls to make each song an exciting new adventure for the listener."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZNwaUYSIU

Not sure of date, but look out for 2nd album from Xander & The Peace Pirates - Order Out of Chaos. in the coming weeks. Second single We Cry due for release shortly.

23 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-03-31 10:14:41)

April 8th sees the release of Joe Satriani's 19th studio album - Elephants of Mars

May 6th see Halestorm release their new album, Back from The Dead.

24 (edited by Curby 2022-04-01 22:41:36)

Jamie McLean Band - Paradise Found

After delving into a lot of Southern Rock bands, I've also kept an eye on McLean's music.  This is a nice little album with many flavors from the 70's.  JM will never be confused with Joe on guitar, but he's more than capable picking.  I like his singing and enjoy these songs.  Will be a top 10 album for sure this year.

Here's a duet off another album I have that I like.  I'm a big fan of Marc Broussard and it looks like he and Jamie are enjoying this Steve Stills cover.

https://youtu.be/3kKLQZPpzz4

https://youtu.be/b0WLFLiwt3A

Sorry but there aren't any good videos off the new album yet.

Ian Siegal's new album, Stone By Stone is available for pre-order now; release date 29th April.

And news just broken; Laurence Jones has just signed with Marshall Records (as in the Amps) and has 10 new tracks awaiting...

Short notice, but The Wilson Brothers - Ash (guitar & vocs), Phil (drums) & Roger "Wilson" Innes have a live album out on Manhatton Records, April 29th.
(Ash & Phil are currently backing Sari Schorr in the UK.)

Tedeschi Trucks Band have today announced their fifth and most ambitious recording project to date, with the upcoming release of the expansive I Am The Moon.

The Grammy-winning 12-piece founded and fronted by the husband and wife team of guitarist Derek Trucks and singer-guitarist Susan Tedeschi will present I Am The Moon across four albums comprising 24 original songs, each album with a companion film.

The titles are I. Crescent, II. Ascension, III. The Fall, and IV. Farewell, to be released in successive months beginning with I. Crescent on June 3, when it will be available digitally and on CD. All vinyl configurations, including individual LPs and the 4-LP I Am The Moon Deluxe Box will be available on September 9.

Black Stone Cherry are to release a live album, of their 20th anniversary celebration show at Royal Albert Hall. Available as black or red vinyl and 2Cd + Blu ray disc set Live from The Royal Albert Hall...Y'all is released on 24th June (via mascot label)

10th June, and a new Live album from Joanne Shaw Taylor hits the streets.... Entitled Blues from The Heart, it is co-produced by Joe Bonamassa & Josh Smith and features guests Joe, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Mike Farris.

(Domestic [US] order dispatch 3rd June, Overseas 27th May. CD/DVD & CD/Blu-ray formats.)

A one that's off-genre, but a guitarist always worth listening to is Bernard Butler and he has a new release in collaboration with Irish singer jessie Buckley (as in Tim Buckley's daughter).

I can't find any YouTube of the pair together, but here's a recent clip of Jessie performing the song Glasgow (from the movie Wild Rose):-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwezASGXxvE

If you like that (and who wouldn't?) the album For All Our Days That Tear The Heart drops 10th June.

EXTRA! EXTRA (UK Only)

Tomorrow; 23rd April is Record Store Day, and one particular treat is a Rory Gallagher double-vinyl - Live In San Diego '74  Previously unreleased from Rory's heyday.

32 (edited by Curby 2022-04-22 11:22:20)

Picked up Blackberry Smoke's Stoned album and I am enjoying it,  It's a far cry from the funkiness infused in The Main Squeeze's covers, but good playing of one of my favorite bands (Rolling Stones).

https://youtu.be/slCFZXeZq6w

If not out already, it soon will be, UK "wunderkind" Toby Lee has a "covers album available - Icons; Vol 1

Co-produced by Oli Brown and Wayne Proctor, who are currently backing Toby on tour supporting Joanne Shaw Taylor in the UK, the album features:-
Green Light Girl - Doyle Bramhall II
Bright Lights - Gary Clarke Jr
Blue On Black - Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Ballad of John Henry - Joe Bonasomthing
Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
Still Rainin' - Jonny Lang
House Is A Rockin' - Stevie Ray Vaughn
Midnight Blues - Gary Moore
Hideaway - Freddie King
See The Light - Jeff Healey
Bluest Blues - Alvin Lee

Bros.Landreth new album, Come Morning hits the streets 16th May. Pre-order bundles from their website.

Rising band Brave Rival release their debut album Life's Machine on May 6th. Their sound is described as a soulful collision of Heart and Tadeschi Trucks, with unusual dual female lead vocals.

You may recognise a couple of familiar faces in the line-up if you're checking YouTube, former Albany Down (amongst others) alumni Donna Peters and Billy Dedman (who used to post on the forum, back in the day) provide the rhythmic backbona.

BansheeUK wrote:

If not out already, it soon will be, UK "wunderkind" Toby Lee has a "covers album available - Icons; Vol 1

Co-produced by Oli Brown and Wayne Proctor, who are currently backing Toby on tour supporting Joanne Shaw Taylor in the UK, the album features:-
Green Light Girl - Doyle Bramhall II
Bright Lights - Gary Clarke Jr
Blue On Black - Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Ballad of John Henry - Joe Bonasomthing
Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
Still Rainin' - Jonny Lang
House Is A Rockin' - Stevie Ray Vaughn
Midnight Blues - Gary Moore
Hideaway - Freddie King
See The Light - Jeff Healey
Bluest Blues - Alvin Lee

I confess to not following this kid prior to Mike's post for his new "covers" album.  I did however get his Aquarius album and the quality of the songs are impressive.  I tacked on his Jonny Lang single, "Lie To Me" which has always been a favorite of mine.  With two greats like Oli Brown and Wayne Proctor involved with his current releases, Toby really delivers on Aquarius.  Darn good stuff and highly recommended.  Thanks Mike for the alert!