Topic: Left Lane Cruiser

Newcastle Cluny2 - 23/2/22
Just back in from a riotous evening down The Cluny.
Getting the evening underway were Rockabilly/Skiffle group (depending which side of The Pond you're from) The Groove Diggers. Don't know how far these cats have strayed, but they were great fun and the great things about songs of this style, if you don't like it a better one may be along in a couple of minutes. Guitar style swung between Scotty Moore and Luther Perkins but got a definite "chill" when I heard Poison Ivy's twang for a romping What's Inside A Girl... So were these guys any good? Well, in a dark corner, some spontaneous hand-jiving broke out... That's all I'm saying.

The "main-course though was Fort Wayne IN's Left Lane Cruiser; a bruising [slide] Guitar & Drum duo, making their first visit on these shores for 10 years. And after a 2 year diet of bread & water, their raw meat approach was heaven sent. Not so much loud as in making the ears ring, but brutal like slicing the top of your skull off and forcing it direct to the brain, with plenty of beer. About as subtle as doing the school-run in a Sherman tank, with a broken muffler... Different; but fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAyLyXFpBzk

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Re: Left Lane Cruiser

BansheeUK wrote:

Getting the evening underway were Rockabilly/Skiffle group (depending which side of The Pond you're from) The Groove Diggers. Don't know how far these cats have strayed, but they were great fun and the great things about songs of this style, if you don't like it a better one may be along in a couple of minutes. Guitar style swung between Scotty Moore and Luther Perkins but got a definite "chill" when I heard Poison Ivy's twang for a romping What's Inside A Girl... So were these guys any good? Well, in a dark corner, some spontaneous hand-jiving broke out... That's all I'm saying.

The "main-course though was Fort Wayne IN's Left Lane Cruiser; a bruising [slide] Guitar & Drum duo, making their first visit on these shores for 10 years. And after a 2 year diet of bread & water, their raw meat approach was heaven sent. Not so much loud as in making the ears ring, but brutal like slicing the top of your skull off and forcing it direct to the brain, with plenty of beer. About as subtle as doing the school-run in a Sherman tank, with a broken muffler... Different; but fun.

It’s hard to decipher your post on LLC, I hope the beer was cold.

Re: Left Lane Cruiser

Curby wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

It’s hard to decipher your post on LLC, I hope the beer was cold.

Well, I don't know if the beer was cold, LLC were on cans of Red Stripe - do you know of it? Think it qualifies as beer [lager] in alcohol content only, especially when compared to some of the brews The Cluny offers. Guess that kind of sums LLC up, just straight forward, heads down, blues rock. If you wanted fancy twiddling, you should have gone to see Mike Zito the following evening.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...