Topic: My top 10 discs of 2021

Boy, 2020 was a terrible year for new releases, but 2021 turned out to be incredible. Here are my top 10 for this year

1. Sleater-Kinney Band-Path of Wellness. The band the Stone calls the best punk band of all time release what I think could be their best disc ever. Many of the songs highlighting the plight of poor Portland. Catchy, quirky, and rockin', this is a great disc.
2. Black Keys- Delta Dream. The Keys finally return to their roots and do what they do best...Delta Blues
3. Garbage- No Gods, No Masters. Another fine return to form for this dark industrial dance rock band...Shirley Manson sounds downright pissed off on this double disc onslaught of dark yet melodic moments.
4. Foo Fighters- Medicine at Midnite. Short, with only 9 songs, but not a bad one among them..a very solid effort from the foo's
5. AC/DC -Power Up....Well, It's not Back in Black, but it is their best disc in a while and it makes my top 10
6. The Offspring- Let the Bad Times Roll. Another great return to form album from a band that's been around forever.This is catchy California Orange county punk pop at it's best.
7. Prince-Welcome 2 America. I have 2 posthumous releases in my top 10 this year, and this is the first. Made and shelved quite a few years ago, this new release sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday. A primer on the Black experience in America, this disc was a beautiful final gift to us all
8. Frank Zappa- Live 1988. His last recorded show just released is a myriad of excellent Zappa material , including the excellent Jazz "Back Page", a Beatles Medley, and a kick **** version of Whipping Post, this disc is a must for any Zappa fan
9. Waler Trout-Ordinary Madness. Walter releases another excellent disc with his signature licks and heartfelt tunes...this guy has lived the Blues!
10. Joe Bonamassa-Royal Tea/Time Clocks. I'm giving Joe major props here for releasing not one, but two studio discs this year...I guess that's what happens when you shut down his "Always on the Road" machine...lol. I like Royal Tea slightly more, but both discs have some excellent tunes, especially about a third that sound like Zeppelin

Murfdog

Re: My top 10 discs of 2021

10. Joe Bonamassa-Royal Tea/Time Clocks. I'm giving Joe major props here for releasing not one, but two studio discs this year...I guess that's what happens when you shut down his "Always on the Road" machine...lol. I like Royal Tea slightly more, but both discs have some excellent tunes, especially about a third that sound like Zeppelin

Royal Tea was released in 2020.

For what it's worth, there's already a thread in the Other Artists section for favorite albums of 2021 since it's more than just Joe (although Time Clocks is on everyone's list):
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=31323

My picks (to summarize the thread above):
1. Greta Van Fleet - The Battle At Garden's Gate
2. The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock & Roll
3. Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks

Lots of runner ups, as well as a few to look forward to in 2022
- John Nemeth – Stronger Than Strong
- Sue Foley – Pinky’s Blues
- Iron Maiden – Senjutsu
- The Black Keys – Delta Kream
- Doctor Smoke – Dreamers and the Dead

Re: My top 10 discs of 2021

Not to pick on you Murfdog . Im a big Walter Trout fan too but  Ordinary Madness was released in Aug 2020
  Thanks for posting your list. Everyone has different ones so its a good resource for checking out music that may have passed you by for the year. 
My list is in the section thats in other artists.
I will Dd some honorable mentions  here
Robben Ford Pure
Santana Blessings and Miracles
Mike Onsemos Guitar Army  the last solo
Tania Kikidi Rock and Roll Paradise

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky