Topic: Robbie and Joe

Robbie Steinhardt was a singer/songwriter and violinist extraordinaire for the rock group Kansas. He was a friend of mine and he passed away this week.
About 8 years ago I asked Robbie if he had heard of Joe Bonnamassa.  He had heard of him but never his music. I made him a cd of 7-8 Joe songs. He said he listened to it every day for at least a year.
RIP Robbie.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

2 (edited by Rocket 2021-07-21 12:54:41)

Re: Robbie and Joe

bobkatmsu wrote:

Robbie Steinhardt was a singer/songwriter and violinist extraordinaire for the rock group Kansas. He was a friend of mine and he passed away this week.
About 8 years ago I asked Robbie if he had heard of Joe Bonnamassa.  He had heard of him but never his music. I made him a cd of 7-8 Joe songs. He said he listened to it every day for at least a year.
RIP Robbie.

My condolences, Bob, on the loss of your friend Rob Steinhardt.  He was extremely talented and the “thing” that made Kansas stand out from most other rock bands on the 70’s.  I still recall his wonderful soloing whereas he would play something, it went on a long delay/echo, and he would play along with what he had just played, and the result was an absolutely incredible interlude during the band’s performance…

Again, my condolences, and may he rest in peace.

Rock ON & Keep The Faith when it’s time to head on Down The Road,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Oddly I just saw this sad news about 5 minutes ago. Very sorry for your loss Bob, Robby was really good with them. I saw the Kansas documentary (again) on AXS not too long ago. They almost didn't make the big time, it is a truly incredible success story. I only got to see them one time in the late 80s on the reunion tour with Steve Morse added to the band on guitar. It was a great show for sure, @ the Fox Theater in Atlanta  ........... RIP Robby

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Sorry as well to have lost a friend.
I love Kansas and always loved Robby. He was my favorite band member.
  Hard to believe he is gone.

Interesting that he really like Joe that much.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky