Topic: 2021 Touring Band

Has anyone seen what the touring band line up is for the up coming tour? Or have I just missed it?

2 (edited by reo l 2021-07-25 20:56:48)

Re: 2021 Touring Band

And here is an answer from Joe, he is replying to a comment about line up: ACL line up, 5 piece. And from that I am assuming the same set list, maybe plus Notches

forgot to include links to Joe's instagram with answer: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRuWZpuMJs8

plus tour Guitars https://www.instagram.com/p/CRo4zUpMJxZ/, https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrKgQYsxDh/  and one of the amps https://www.instagram.com/p/CRw78zNsN5t/

Hi all,  I am new to this site but I am an old Joe fan. Not very tech savvy (i.e. no Instagram, no Facebook and no Twitter)
I am not even sure if I am posting this correctly or in the correct topic, I posted a similar message under the "Setlist" topic heading.

I have a some questions for any and all, please.
1) Why is over half of the band missing from this tour so far? (Anton, Paulie, Lee) + only Jade, no Mahelia or Juanita
2) Why wasn't this disclosed when we bought tickets?...Just for the record I'm heading to Red Rocks in a few days. Like most Joe fans I have been counting the days before I get to see another big performance and I don't understand why I'm supposed be excited about seeing (Power Trio +1).  Like most all of the Joe fans I know, Joe could come out and play 10 songs on his acoustic guitar and I would be happy if that is what I expected to see.  I am very disappointed that I am seeing 40% of the band as described on the JB home website without ANY explanation. 
3) For any who attended any of these initial tour performances, did Joe offer any explanation?
Thanks for any insights.
Stu

This is the touring band to be seen. Marshalls are back!! Great tone as always and more guitar. Joes playing is off the charts right now. (Not like it hasn't in the pass). Enjoy this tour!!

5 (edited by DougH 2021-08-04 09:22:59)

@stu41 people have been calling for the power Trio for years, with pandemic travel restrictions in place (I'm in Canada and our borders are still closed to non-essential travel and even bar bands can't play let alone touring bands) I think there's an issue with distancing on stage and traveling of other band members.

Joe let it well be known at the start of the year he initially called it a power trio, then added Jade so he then called it a power quartet.

His pay per view + 700 live audience from Texas Austin City Limits showed the 4 some in action on April 1, 2021 .

So no surprise that you're reporting a quartet at your concert.
As a bonus you get Joe playing pretty much 98% of the time, unlike the "big band" era he did where it was somewhere around 60%.

If we could have Joe cross the border (he nor anybody can at this time) I'd go see the quartet
But here in Canada you have to wear masks inside or wear masks if  you can't be 2 meters apart.

I consider you lucky on something I can't do at this time
Cheers

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH,

Thank you for taking a crack at explaining why the Summer 2021 Tour is performing with 60% of the listed band members and a backup singer reduction.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, your "social distancing" speculation doesn't seem very plausible especially given the big stages where the performances are taking place.

Somehow I have missed Joe or anyone from the band talking about a "Power Quartet". Did Joe or anyone else from the band or organization actually use that term?  If so please direct me to that source.

I agree the Austin City Limits stream show was fully billed as Joe returning to the "Power Trio" format.  So that is what I expected and paid for when I bought access.  This tour had no such clarity. Worse, I have yet to hear why it was cut back.

I agree with your point that with this cut down band Joe has to carry more of the performance load.  And for JB fans that is never a bad thing.  I'm obviously a JB fan, when I fly to Denver in three days, it will be the 4th time I've seen Joe and the band at Red Rocks alone.  I have paid to see JB live more than 20 times... BUT I'm also a Paulie Cerra fan.  I'm also a Lee Thornburg fan and I and a big fan of Anton Fig.  All three of them are listed as part of "the band" on the JB website.  I am disappointed they are not going to be there to perform and more importantly I don't feel there has been any adequate explanation as to why.

I don't like a "bait and switch" and I certainly don't care for a "bait and cut".

Stu

Jane H. wrote:

I hear what you are saying Stu41 but I don't think it was bait and cut or even switch.
I did send message through the contact form on the main site about how they have the band page and that is can be misleading.
At the same time, social distancing specifics aside, it has been complete change for Joe and everyone in his company and crew etc. for all of us too in this still raging, still changing pandemic but I don't think they intended to mislead.
Joe has for years sold tickets way before a show and rarely did it mean anything other than Joe and who he has on stage with him.
That being said, if you want some sort of discount based on how the site says thats Joe's band, maybe they will do that for you, or compensate you in some way. I don't know. You could try with the office. I think the phone number is on the main site, I can find it if you need. There also is a contact form there.
As far As Red Rocks, another friend had been wondering about how it was originally sold with having an orchestra I think?
I doubt that, I think it will be the current 4 piece band but I haven't seen any specifics or if red rocks website has any info

Anyway the office would be the best place to inquire. Or even with Red Rocks
Often on Joe's instagram page you can find info, or his facebook but I haven't heard of any official news on who will be on stage with Joe for any particular show.

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the comments and thoughts.  Please don't read my comments as anything more than dissatisfaction and disappointment over what I feel is a real lack of communication.  I'm sure you get all the JB email blasts like I do as well.  The marketing organization is wonderful and quite active.  We all get notice of when the JB ashtrays go on-sale or what the next commemorative pin looks like.  These emails often give background to songs, etc.  I feel Joe or whomever could have telegraphed that this tour was going to be a "cut down version" and explained why and we all would have accepted the information gladly.  Instead we are left to speculate and be "surprised".  Lots of folks are speculating travel in the Covid times is tough.  Joe mentioned in LA at the show They had trouble getting Jade over from Australia.  That said, he just did the show in LA...Paulie Cerra's home town! I am complaining about a drop of the ball concerning clarity and just marketing communication.  I headed to Colorado, and yes the Red Rock's show was originally billed as a combined performance with the Denver philharmonic orchestra.  I'm certainly not expecting that to take place, but I feel it would be better if I didn't have to guess who is going to be on the stage and I don't feel that is asking too much.

Stu