Topic: Livestream from Bluebird Cafe Jan 20th, 2021

https://www.bandsintown.com/e/102444044 … medium=web

Re: Livestream from Bluebird Cafe Jan 20th, 2021

Jane H. wrote:

i wonder who will be there in the band...

they recorded it on December 1st, it’s gonna be Reece, Michael and Greg Morrow

That's a cool avatar Jane.
Jeff really pulled me into Blues Rock 1990
I discover SRV after him
Saw him live 4 times. Absolutely Superb

How was it?  I was thinking of getting it, but got busy with other stuff.  That's kind of the thing with live streams.  Going to concert is an event.  It's getting out of the house, going out for the night, and it's a commitment of dedicated time.  Livestreams are just sort of "there" all the time.  Even if it's one I'm interested in seeing it'd be all too easy to get distracted by life and family in the middle of it and that makes it harder to justify.

The Bluebird is pretty small, was this an acoustic show? It didn't seem like it would be given the band lineup, but I think Joe's rig and band would blow the doors off of the Bluebird!

I watched, it was very good!  A killer 45 minute set that i would love to see live. I thought there would be more songs from Royal Tea however only the opening song Lookout Man, very happy to hear as it is my favorite from the album and looking forward to seeing it live!  It was filmed in black and white which at first i thought was odd, however after watching i believe just due to the size of the venue with limited lighting without doing a huge full production it probably was better to go ahead and do it as black and white. Color may have been better but it did not take away from the music and that is what i was there  for.

Afterward was a 30 minute or so interview with Joe, he thanked Bands in Town for all they do to support artists. That in a lot of cases rely on them to help get the word out about their tours and album releases. They talked guitars of course, the recording of Royal Tea, and the success of Fueling Musicians fundraiser.

Set List:
Lookout Man
No Good Place for the Lonely
Evil (is going on) hoping this makes it to upcoming live set lists
I Can't Quit You Baby
Ballad of John Henry

I think i got them all!

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"