Topic: 2020 year end favorites

I usually rank my top ten favorites
This year so many close I am  just listing them not in any order.

Royal Tea. Did not floor me first listen but its been a real grower on me. Another top blues rock album by Joe .
   Blues Alliance Head Honchos.A hard  rockin blues rock album.Lifted my spirits during this  Covid. Has a Saturday night bar feeling to it.
   Spirit Rising Philip Sayce. He hits it out of the park with this one. Some great songs with his killer guitar
   Kiss The Sky Bad Touch.A follow to Shake  A Leg is another great classic rock album.
    Strange Place Magnolia Bayou. I just discovered this band.Highest quality of blues rock you might find out there. Hard and mellow but just outstanding in all ways.
   We Fly Free When Rivers Meet.
  Another new find. Made alot of best  of lists this year.If you havent  heard them you should check them out .
  Ordinary Madness Walter Trout . Another outstanding Trout album.
   Holy Molly Blues Pills. They go a little or alot more heavy guitar for the psychedelic  rockers. A real strong album of songs.
   Love is the Answer Tony Spinner
Under rated Under the radar but some grear blues rock.
  Shining Light Super Vintage.Like all their albums great classic rock.
  Power Up AC DC  A strong effort if you want  some new songs to rock out to.
   Fading Away Artur Menezes
  He really brings it up a notch  on this one. Really love his guitar playing.

Thats my main list for the year
Honorable mentions
Victory in Motion Martin J Andersen. Blindstones main man puts out solo instrumental heavy guitar album
   Rare Tracks Stavros  Papadopolous. Super Vintage leader with a solid collection of songs.
  Ballad of a Prodigal Son James Kirkpatrick.
  String album of blues rock songs.
  Containment Blues Anthony Gomes
Another good album probably should be up top.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: 2020 year end favorites

What was it Chuck Dickins said, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”? Well maybe so but while this nasty little bug put Live music on hiatus (and continues to do so), for many artists it didn’t stifle creativity; pushed a few release dates back (Steven Wilson & Kaleo - we’re still waiting…) and one in particular, Troy Redfern out bonamassa-ed Bonamassa in terms of prolific output. And even the old warhorses seemed to come good with late surges that bolstered, rather than tarnished their legend.

So, here’s my pick of the best from 2020:-
UK
Troy Redfern - This Raging Heart
Wishbone Ash - Coat of Arms
Beau Bowen - The Great Anticlimax
Silverthorne - Tear The Sky Wide Open
Troy Redfern - Island
Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - The Red Planet
Pretenders - Hate For Sale
Deep Purple - Whoosh
Lynne Jackaman - One Shot
Benjamin Bassford - Blood Orange Tangerine
King King - Maverick
Jon Amor - Remote Control

US
Jeremiah Johnson - Heavens To Betsy
Mapache - Liberty Street
Victor Wainwright & The Train - Memphis Loud
Robert Jon & The Wreck - Last Light On The Highway
Eric Johanson - Below Sea Level
Joe Bonamassa - Royal Tea
Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown - Pressure
Steve Hill - Desert Trip

Live
Sari Schorr - Live In Europe
Jack J Hutchinson - Who Feeds The Lockdown
Elles Bailey - Ain’t Nothing But

Hawkwind - 50 Live
Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Straight To You LIVE

There’s probably a slew of others, download only, in the world of Bandcamp etc, but I don’t buy “air”, only physical media….

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Thanks Banshee for posting. I like to  check out others favorites as sometimes you find aomething you really like you mossed out on during the year.

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:

Thanks Banshee for posting. I like to  check out others favorites as sometimes you find aomething you really like you mossed out on during the year.

Likewise Gary; you plug many a gap that I've missed (as well as dent my wallet).

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Mike Zito started his own record label and has some amazing blues talent from all over the place.

They have packages available on their website https://www.gulfcoastrecords.net

I think each artist is up for some sort of award, and each have placed in the top 10 on the blues charts and for albums sold.

Tab Benoit not to be outdone started his own as well, it's : https://whiskeybayourecords.com/
He has a smaller group of guys on his but some pretty decent names, Alastair Greene, JP Soars,Damon Folwer,Eric McFadden, Eric Johanson (on his first CD it's Tab on drums and Tab's bass player with Eric) Jeff McCarty and Dash Rip Rock

Also John Primer has 2 new CD's out, one with his band and the other with a harp player that he's done 2 other CD's with.

Worth checking out.

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!

I really liked Kansas' "Absence of Presence." I hadn't followed Kansas that closely over the years, although I do like the band. This album is really good and I want to check out more of their stuff over the last 30 years!

This was great, too.

ZeyerGTR wrote:

I really liked Kansas' "Absence of Presence." I hadn't followed Kansas that closely over the years, although I do like the band. This album is really good and I want to check out more of their stuff over the last 30 years!
  The Kansas album is good. It hard to beat their 70’s output. Great band and legacy!

This was great, too.

Your rock candy baby