Topic: A Conversation with Alice

Okay, everyone....what is this song about??!!

Murfdog

Re: A Conversation with Alice

If I remember correctly, Joe was going through some tough times and went to see a therapist (or someone like that) named Alice.  He said it was super helpful and so inspired by it he wrote the song.

Bonamasters, please correct me if I'm wrong.  I do remember him talking about that in an interview somewhere, but I might have mangled some bits.  My memory ain't what it used to be.

3 (edited by sally12333 2020-12-19 10:38:21)

ZeyerGTR wrote:

If I remember correctly, Joe was going through some tough times and went to see a therapist (or someone like that) named Alice.  He said it was super helpful and so inspired by it he wrote the song.

Yes, the difficulties related to an ex, but I heard him say in some interview that the therapist's name was NOT Alice.  Some were speculating it referred to his talking with Alice Cooper, with whom he was performing at the time!  LOL.  Also heard him say it was the best $350 he ever spent...

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Correct from what we heard , therapist not named Alice.

Also said what he learned was, " the problem he has is also what makes him good at what he does,,,  so he has to live with his problems "

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

It's not mentioned in Guitar Man.

Yes the above answers are right. Funny I didn't totally get on with the song when it was first released however now listening to the album I really like it. Strange how you slowly grow into songs. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thanks a lot, Jane, for this.

Wish we could all figure out our life in one therapy session!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy