1 (edited by Lester 2020-11-19 19:04:21)

Topic: Guitar Man

Saw this trailer on YouTube/JBTV.
Appears to be an online movie about Joe’s career.
Released on 8 December.

https://youtu.be/xJljSa0TOeY

2 (edited by sally12333 2020-11-19 19:58:12)

Re: Guitar Man

Yes, looks like it should be good!

So because the trailer is on YouTube, will the movie be there too?

Says it's on "Digital".  I have no idea what that is........... And that it's on On Demand - is that Comcast/Xfinity?

Someone said it will be on Amazon, I guess they mean Amazon Prime?

I noticed somewhere it said it was $19.99, whereas the Facebook posts say $9.99 - maybe the lower if you pre-order?? 

Really want to see it but I am so confused!!!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hi Sally.
There is a link that takes you to iTunes but I don’t have an account with them so couldn’t get any more details.
No doubt more information will become available over the next couple of weeks.

Finally figured out how to pre-order on a platform I have access to.  When I clicked on one of the links, it brought up Xfinity, and below that was a box "Other Retailers".  That listed all the outlets it will be played on, and I picked Amazon Prime since I recently signed up for that.  $9.99, and said I'll get a message as soon as the movie is available there.  Whew!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

There’s a website for this documentary
https://www.theguitarmanmovie.com/
Looks like Amazon Prime and Apple TV are the main distributors, neither of which I use.
Hopefully it might appear on Netflix at some stage.

Lester

Cool, I didn't realize it was coming out so soon!

Hopefully a physical releases down the track... Blu-Ray. Not into paying for cloud farts etc...

From all the little interviews on the DVDs,  and other interviews
I'm wondering if there will be anything new in this video

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

From all the little interviews on the DVDs,  and other interviews
I'm wondering if there will be anything new in this video

I wonder the same thing.
I am going to watch it through amazon prime non the less

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Watched last night.  Very nice job!  I have seen most of it in snippets over the years but was still so heartwarming.  Had a giant goofy grin on my face the whole time!  Just like a proud mamma!

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

I rented it from Amazon Prime for $5.99
Well done  and worth it...was nice to hear how he was feeling when he wrote some songs.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

There's definitely footage that hasn't been seen before. I thought it was fantastic, it really brought me back to the years when I became a fan. Love the behind the scenes, studio bits. So many great songs...

13 (edited by reo l 2020-12-11 21:51:30)

Joe's Q&A today https://www.instagram.com/p/CIre25MFPOw/   interesting Qs,  beautiful As  smile

About the "Guitar man"  -  loved it ( the first 75% of it ) Stunningly interesting and insightful to watch rare Roy and his father talk. Roy is such an unsung behind the scenes hero of it all ( hopefully will live long enough to read his  The Roy it Was memoirs < heart emoji > )

The Royal Albert Hall story brought me to tears... again.... What an amazing, powerful and inspiring moments!~ 

Kevin... oh Kevin... Have my own love-hate * talking/shouting in my head *relationship with this guy who is incredibly brilliant and smart but also ahhhrrrrr))))))) but also never to be even able to fully comprehend his impact because I am so ignorant of it all

Again not even mentioning Joe which I simply can't at the moment without again boldly professing my eternal love < insert emoji of your choice here > JoeJoe Joe Joe joE Joe joe JOE joe JJJOOOOOEEEE

( poisonous femail remark : curious that only one ex-girlfriend landed a cameo in the movie - is there a statute of limitations to make it there lol haaa but whatever - it brought us fantastic songs so it wasn't for nothing )

anyway... gonna go and listen to " John Henry" and " Black Rock" albums now....

here it is to the movie that could be 10/10 from me but  is 8/10 which is still pretty good and thus needs a sequel   <insert begging emoji here >

15 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2020-12-13 13:42:23)

I finally carved out some time to watch it - I thought it was fantastic.  Much better than I thought it would be.  Almost no discussion of gear, which I liked as I'm not really that into the minutia of gear.  Lots of behind the scenes, and overall a good mix of some live clips, studio clips, random history stuff and interviews.  I particularly liked getting the background on some of the songs, albums and projects he's done. I knew quite a bit about Joe already, but definitely learned a few things.

IMHO it also stands as a solid music documentary, and might be worth checking out even if you're not a fan (though everyone here is).  Anyone interested in how an independent artist carves out a successful career in the modern music business, or in an 'off the radar' genre like blues/rock should check it out.

16 (edited by Angela 2020-12-13 21:06:46)

Long time no post. We watched Guitar Man last night. I thought it was AWESOME, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really enjoyed listening to Roy and his dad reflecting on the journey and believing in Joe. I remember emailing Roy when I was with the street team way back in 2006 after discovering Joe. Thumbs up to Guitar Man!!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

A welcome distraction in these grim times and a step back into history.  big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)