Topic: i am blown away again, The power of music

So, first I'd like to note that I'm 58 , and been a huge music fan since i was about 10, I'm not sure about most of you, but my life wouldn't the same without music in it. I listen to 2 t 8 hours of tunes daily, and always wonder how anyone turns on their car engine without simultaneously turning on their stereo. I live for Rock and Roll and all it's many offshoots. I can't imagine life without it. Like life without food ! So, I digress...
   I just want to thank you Joe for again blowing my mind with your new release of ANDN and Royal Tea, the latter sounding like Joe's version of Gary Moore's Scars album. Rock and Blues with decidedly more Rock than Blues feel. As a matter of fact, I am going out on a limb here , and stating that , IMO, this has the best opening 4 tunes ever and the 10 song disc may be his best ever. The tempo changes and Rock blasts you get on this disc are fantastic. All these songs are very specially worked into this 10 song masterpiece.
  Okay, and don't even get me started on this new ANDN disc. I mean completely re recorded jam fest of an album with 3 additional tunes he wrote with little Steven, that are even more genre bending than his new disc. What is going on here ?? !!!
  So, Anyway, Joe, Thank you for helping me make it through every day of this Pandemic, and helping me completely forget about it for the last week or two.

Murfdog

Re: i am blown away again, The power of music

murfdog wrote:

, IMO, this has the best opening 4 tunes ever and the 10 song disc may be his best ever. To.

I would say this is quite right, but BOD has maybe the best 4 opening tracks, after that Royal Tea might come close and Redemption has the worst start of all albums

BOD was great and I'd say it definitely competes with this disc

steinei wrote:
murfdog wrote:

, IMO, this has the best opening 4 tunes ever and the 10 song disc may be his best ever. To.

I would say this is quite right, but BOD has maybe the best 4 opening tracks, after that Royal Tea might come close and Redemption has the worst start of all albums

Murfdog

Music is always so personal  and subjective.
I still go with BOD over Royal Tea for the first  4 but thats no slight  to RT. 
   But its still early on the Royal Tea.
I was really impressed with Redemption  when it came out. Had it as my favorite album that year. However it hasnt tugged  at me  as often to listen to now.
  And the remake ANDY was worth doing just for Joes vocals.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky